Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n72742 said:
In this political-social environment it was the right call by Bernie. It's unfair to Harris, which I completely agree with. But after what happened at FSU and then the NFL, as a business/public entitiy this was the correct play. In the past without the 24/7 news cycle it could be handled properly, but as we learned last year that isn't the case.

disagree, come out make a statement, suspend the player. dont get on your soapbox about things want be tolerated and such. its give the impression that he done something! im saying,the stigma of what bernie said earlier will not wash off neither will the accusation. lets see bernie now get up there on his soapbox andsay false allegations will not be tolerated by the university of florida

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n72749 said:
disagree, come out make a statement, suspend the player. dont get on your soapbox about things want be tolerated and such. its give the impression that he done something! im saying,the stigma of what bernie said earlier will not wash off neither will the accusation. lets see bernie now get up there on his soapbox andsay false allegations will not be tolerated by the university of florida

If the story is recanted is where Bernie will have to show he is a man of his word. He handled the first portion (except for not allowing him to go to class,just saw that). He needed to send a strong message about sexual assualt/violence. Now if this accusation is false or proven to be a lie, Bernie needs to also speak out against false accusations and should suspend the athlete who made such accusations.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n72758 said:
If the story is recanted is where Bernie will have to show he is a man of his word. He handled the first portion (except for not allowing him to go to class,just saw that). He needed to send a strong message about sexual assualt/violence. Now if this accusation is false or proven to be a lie, Bernie needs to also speak out against false accusations and should suspend the athlete who made such accusations.

do you think he will? i doubt it!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n72749 said:
Originally posted by TheDouglas78 View Post

In this political-social environment it was the right call by Bernie. It's unfair to Harris, which I completely agree with. But after what happened at FSU and then the NFL, as a business/public entitiy this was the correct play. In the past without the 24/7 news cycle it could be handled properly, but as we learned last year that isn't the case.

Stop this bro. He didn't directly shoot Harris down, and again NOTHING is confirmed yet. That said, all he did was say that sexual assault won't be tolerated at UF. Do you really have a problem with that?
BM's statement is very easy to move from and simply say it's a blanket statement and a move to protect the campus. If she does recant, he simply has to stand by the fact that he's protecting the campus. Funny, even Harris' attorney understands this simple fact.

I swear, if you guys don't have one guy to bitch at, you have another. If it's not JD it's Muschamp, if not Muschamp it's Foley, if not Foley now it's BM. The only person on a soapbox is you brotha. I like you man, but ffs let's let this stuff actually play out before we go demeaning anyone!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n72763 said:

I doubt it as well, but he should. I have no problem with the way it was handled other than not letting a student-athlete go to class to this point. But to truly be a man of conviction, if the story is proven to be BS he has to suspended and speak out against the false accusations. If they are truly false accusations then she should be prosecuated to the full extent of the law.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Tampa Bay Times report does not look good. I hope this is all a big misunderstanding but I don't think it looks good for Treon. He's probably played his last down here.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
URGatorBait;n72764 said:
Stop this bro. He didn't directly shoot Harris down, and again NOTHING is confirmed yet. That said, all he did was say that sexual assault won't be tolerated at UF. Do you really have a problem with that?
BM's statement is very easy to move from and simply say it's a blanket statement and a move to protect the campus. If she does recant, he simply has to stand by the fact that he's protecting the campus. Funny, even Harris' attorney understands this simple fact.

I swear, if you guys don't have one guy to bitch at, you have another. If it's not JD it's Muschamp, if not Muschamp it's Foley, if not Foley now it's BM. The only person on a soapbox is you brotha. I like you man, but ffs let's let this stuff actually play out before we go demeaning anyone!

calm down bro,, i stated "if" she recants. and i did use the word rumor! so i acknowledge nothing was confirmed. in my opinion bernie rolled th under the bus. its okay if you think otherwise. by the way like you too!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n72692 said:
I'm pretty sure my wife rapes me every time we have a date night.

So you gotta get liquored up to sleep with the ol' broad, huh? Sad story, bro.

:drunk:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n72776 said:
calm down bro,, i stated "if" she recants. and i did use the word rumor! so i acknowledge nothing was confirmed. in my opinion bernie rolled th under the bus. its okay if you think otherwise. by the way like you too!

No he didn't. He's protecting the school and it's students. Like I said, even Harris' lawyer understands that. He didn't roll TH under the bus, he has a job to do, and he did it.
He didn't specifically accuse TH of the assault, he simply stated it won't be tolerated, and he's done the right thing thus far. I'm certain that he would alter that and clear the air, should this show to be a false accusation, and he can still stand by protecting the school and it's students.

I'm glad we agree on liking each other. So what are you doing Friday night? :wink: :lol:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n72732 said:
if and im saying if the rumors are true that she recanted.i had a feeling i knew where this was heading. thats why bernie should of kept his comments vanilla. hell the way bernie was talking/sounding he was already convicted. i would definately understand if treon want nothing to do with uf

Machen could have even said the strong PC statement about it not being tolerated and just added somewhere that the University will let the facts come out. I thought it was wrong with how he didn't do that at least.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n72763 said:

No way he will. He'll be afraid of too much backlash...The this of this is why women don't speak out...the victim becomes the prosecuted, sort of backlash. He'll make a soft statement about the seriousness of accusations, blah, blah, but nothing will happen to her for fear of public perceptions.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
dubster1;n72749 said:

:clap:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"IF" it was a false allegation, should she be allowed to get away with it? NO WAY. Will she? Probably. And as much as it goes against my feelings of what is just and what is not, perhaps for the greater good, they should do nothing (except have her go to serious therapy). An even worse injustice is if a women was attacked and violated and then chose not to speak out for fear of being accused of being a slanderer and then prosecuted. I'm afraid to prosecute would set a precedent and this vile crime would have an even higher percentage of going unreported.

There is no "right" and "simple" answer here. If TH is falsely accused and hence unjustly becomes victimized there is a great "wrong" here. BUT, an even greater wrong would be to allow more low life, son's of bitzhe's to get away with rape. There is no right answer. Only the choice between two evils. Which is more damaging in the long run?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n72773 said:
The Tampa Bay Times report does not look good. I hope this is all a big misunderstanding but I don't think it looks good for Treon. He's probably played his last down here.

What part of the report doesn't look good or leads you to believe Treon will not return to UF? I see nothing that leads me to believe either.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n72780 said:
No he didn't. He's protecting the school and it's students. Like I said, even Harris' lawyer understands that. He didn't roll TH under the bus, he has a job to do, and he did it.
He didn't specifically accuse TH of the assault, he simply stated it won't be tolerated, and he's done the right thing thus far. I'm certain that he would alter that and clear the air, should this show to be a false accusation, and he can still stand by protecting the school and it's students.

I'm glad we agree on liking each other. So what are you doing Friday night? :wink: :lol:

:whip:

Watch out. That's how the big man rolls.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
GIGator;n72797 said:
What part of the report doesn't look good or leads you to believe Treon will not return to UF? I see nothing that leads me to believe either.

I have to be honest, the fact that they were out together and their friends say "he took her home so she would be safe" does not paint the picture of yeah they left to go hookup. It sounded to me like this might have been the first time they hooked up which would essentially discredit the notion of jealous g/f over other girls.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n72798 said:
So is Harris ever going to play for us again?

I think so if they don't charge him but if the evidence is not there except he said she said and Machen was to suspend him while the long school investigation proceeded I could see him being pissed and maybe transferring. Hopefully she is recanting her accusation.

G

gatorchamps0607

Founding Member
Founding Member
That report says nothing of interest. A rape allegation would sound exactly like that. If you are charged with murder, your allegation will sound strikingly similar to the events leading up to a murder. The real question is, where is the evidence, eye witnesses and rape kit results? Any other information is irrelevant. Seems some insiders think Treon wont be charged. Someone else, who may or may not be credible says his "source" tells him to look for something coming out today around 12.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GI: Your link starts off using Harris's lawyer as the basis of his argument. What attorney hasn't said the same? Come on man...IMHO is does not look good for the kid and I am saddened he put himself in this spot. Your mind seems pretty much made up that Harris did nothing wrong. So let's move on. K?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.