Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
I just wish people would stop with all the political correctness claptrap and start to look at cases based on the best evidence available. Guilty or innocent based on the evidence, not which gender, race, or on which side of the political spectrum you happen to be on. When I came up Justice wore a blindfold not a coat of many colors.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Swamped Gator;n72535 said:
It's my hope this is cleared up quickly if the "victim" does in fact recant. Hopefully he can play in the next couple weeks. I'm just worried the university isn't going to all the potential PR nightmare.

The young lady is a Gator, too. It's my hope that justice is served. I'm sure that's what you meant.

I'm sure you know I was ecstatic to finally see Driskel benched.

Football is important, but not that important. I don't give damn about kids barking at a canine or throwing a sandwich, even getting in a few fights here and there. This is different entirely.

GIGator

No One Important!
Swamped Gator;n72535 said:
How many of you think Treon will actually play for us again this year if he's cleared of everything? It's my hope this is cleared up quickly if the "victim" does in fact recant. Hopefully he can play in the next couple weeks. I'm just worried the university isn't going to all the potential PR nightmare.

It will depend on how long the process takes and how Treon handles it. It will not shock me, at all, if we do not see him again, period. He may decide to transfer, to get away from the cloud that will be hanging over him. Plus, the way Machen has handled this, if it were my son, he would never play another down for UF. The good thing - Machen is about to be gone.

GIGator

No One Important!
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n72464 said:
I've watched a little of it, but what I gather is that it is nothing but plant callers and the bald **** blabbering incoherently into an old-style microphone.

One of the worst things about being stuck in a recliner, recovering from surgery, is not being able to stop yourself from watching crap like the Paul Finebaum show, which is nothing but an infomercial for Bamer football and Nick Saban.

The caller claimed to be from Gainesville and that it was an "open and shut case" against Treon. He stated that there was overwhelming evidence of Treon's guilt. I called BS right away, because Treon would be in jail if they had any evidence at all that he may be guilty. Finebaum lived up to his Jerry Springer-like reputation by letting this guy make such a comment. I guarantee you that if it involved a Bamer player, the guy would have been hung up on before he got halfway thru his comments.

Gator Nation should bombarded the SEC Network with complaints about this.

PastyStoole

Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
VulcanAlex;n72338 said:
As far as this is concerned if you are drunk you can't give consent so yes it is rape.

I'm pretty sure my wife rapes me every time we have a date night.

Gator Fever

Machen will say he is suspending Harris for underage drinking if she recants her story now if that is alleged by people in the party with them. Just sounds like something Machen would pull.

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
lagator;n72277 said:
There's room for something in between. I have no idea if this is the case but, it's entirely possible that he believed they were having consensual sex and she felt after the fact that she was coerced or not in a sober enough state to have given consent.

The law determines that. Either he will be found guilty of something or not. Other than that we do not know.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
if and im saying if the rumors are true that she recanted.i had a feeling i knew where this was heading. thats why bernie should of kept his comments vanilla. hell the way bernie was talking/sounding he was already convicted. i would definately understand if treon want nothing to do with uf

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
dubster1;n72732 said:
if and im saying if the rumors are true that she recanted.i had a feeling i knew where this was heading. thats why bernie should of kept his comments vanilla. hell the way bernie was talking/sounding he was already convicted. i would definately understand if treon want nothing to do with uf

In this political-social environment it was the right call by Bernie. It's unfair to Harris, which I completely agree with. But after what happened at FSU and then the NFL, as a business/public entitiy this was the correct play. In the past without the 24/7 news cycle it could be handled properly, but as we learned last year that isn't the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.