Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72451 said:
Doubt it happens. That is very rare due to PC nonsense. I don't think the Duke Lacrosse team accuser was ever charged if I remember correctly.

No, but karma bit her in the ass on that murder charge later down the line. Jesse Jackson must still be proud to have paid for her education.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n72454 said:
What about the bulldog fan pretending to be a gator fan calling the finebaum show. I can't believe they aired that ****

You have to enlighten us on this. Bet it's a good one.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72454 said:
What about the bulldog fan pretending to be a gator fan calling the finebaum show. I can't believe they aired that ****

I've watched a little of it, but what I gather is that it is nothing but plant callers and the bald **** blabbering incoherently into an old-style microphone.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
oxrageous;n72413 said:
Well, if he's not charged, it's just going to invite accusations of a cover-up and conspiracy. That's just the way it goes these days. Perception is reality.

Not fair of course but that's the way it is. If he gets cleared soon will Bernie let Harris play again this season or ever again in the orange and blue? Winston has brought FSU alot of success and alot of shame I am sure Bernie is aware of the damage Jameis has done to FSU and does not want the same at UF. My guess is Treon is cleared soon but won't play again until next season if at all for the Gators.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n72467 said:
Not fair of course but that's the way it is. If he gets cleared soon will Bernie let Harris play again this season or ever again in the orange and blue? Winston has brought FSU alot of success and alot of shame I am sure Bernie is aware of the damage Jameis has done to FSU and does not want the same at UF. My guess is Treon is cleared soon but won't play again until next season if at all for the Gators.

If the accuser recants her story, there is no reason to punish him further. He's already been embarrassed enough by the accusation alone. Reinstating him, and putting him back on the field as quickly as possible is the way to show him his school, team, and fans support him fully.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A few things that will make this much, much different from the Jameis Winston case. First, it sounds like the alleged victim here may have recanted whereas the victim in the Winston case is lawyered-up and dug in, and continues to seek justice. Hopefully, Harris won't run around stealing coke from fast food joints, shooting bee-bee guns at various apartment windows, steal crab legs from grocery stores, run around campus shouting profanities/obscenities, etc.

And as it turns out, Florida will have likely issued a harsher penalty to their player who was simply being falsely accused than Winston will have ever received from FSU in a case that appears to have much deeper evidence and probability of guilt.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n72474 said:
If the accuser recants her story, there is no reason to punish him further. He's already been embarrassed enough by the accusation alone. Reinstating him, and putting him back on the field as quickly as possible is the way to show him his school, team, and fans support him fully.

+1

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n72479 said:
Horrible choice of words for a sexual assault case :lol:

Damn, didn't realize the pun potential with that line. 😜

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n72490 said:
Is it ok to call her some broad yet? Or will the PC Police come put me into Meanie Jail?

damn it I wanted to like this but I don't wanna contribute to your popularity stripes so you'll have to settle for a quote

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n72490 said:
Is it ok to call her some broad yet? Or will the PC Police come put me into Meanie Jail?

At this point I think it's still broad speculation.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n72494 said:
At this point I think it's still broad speculation.

pelican-i-see-what-you-did-there-jpg.22941

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I want this resolved as fast as everyone, but there are a couple of things going on. Obviously the police investigation...the Title IX investigation...and the student code of conduct investigation. If she basically made up the accusation of sexual assault and admits the sexual conduct was voluntary on her part, he can be cleared of the criminal investigation and the code of conduct investigation. The school will be found to have properly met the standards of Title IX regardless. She may then be subject to sanction under the student code of conduct. It will forever be a story, but he should be able to move on from this...

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
How many of you think Treon will actually play for us again this year if he's cleared of everything? It's my hope this is cleared up quickly if the "victim" does in fact recant. Hopefully he can play in the next couple weeks. I'm just worried the university isn't going to all the potential PR nightmare.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n72535 said:
How many of you think Treon will actually play for us again this year if he's cleared of everything? It's my hope this is cleared up quickly if the "victim" does in fact recant. Hopefully he can play in the next couple weeks. I'm just worried the university isn't going to all the potential PR nightmare.

if there was no wrong doing and her statement is recanted then I don't see any pr problems

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Any and all rape crime stories turn up some awful comments, even unintentional. Little discussion comes
across as "good thoughts", so it's best to let it all rest until the trial or no trial runs through.
That's how UF has handled it and we are proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.