Truth Takes: Why the Gators Could Win 10 in 2018 - Part 1: Coaching

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Why are people arguing with Donkey? He throws out false stats or incorrect statements all the time, and tries to present his opinion as fact. He either knows they are false or simply doesn't care if he's wrong, a long as he gets a rise out of people.

I mostly skim his posts now, because he's said the same stuff over and over the entire offseason. Maybe when the season starts he'll have some new material.

Because I understand that he is grooming us newbs into a bunch of sleeper cells.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
As I said, I am tempering excitement when he does win 10 games this year. I am also stating the standard. I have never said Mullen should be fired if he does not win 10 games this year. I am saying if he does not, his performance was unacceptable.
This is a revision to what your stance has been but more agreeable. I don’t recall you calling for a 1 year firing but continuously stating that failing to get 10 wins THIS season (current circumstances be damned) means he’s not the right guy isn’t a whole lot different. If your new stance is that you believe the schedule and roster set the team up for 10 wins and failure to meet that standard is “strike 1” for insti, I disagree but it doesn’t sound as outlandish. My stance is that the first year is a wash, especially if you’re transitioning to a new system on both sides of the ball, you don’t have a proven commodity at QB, and you’re inheriting an OL that has sucked for almost a decade.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
This is a revision to what your stance has been but more agreeable. I don’t recall you calling for a 1 year firing but continuously stating that failing to get 10 wins THIS season (current circumstances be damned) means he’s not the right guy isn’t a whole lot different. If your new stance is that you believe the schedule and roster set the team up for 10 wins and failure to meet that standard is “strike 1” for insti, I disagree but it doesn’t sound as outlandish. My stance is that the first year is a wash, especially if you’re transitioning to a new system on both sides of the ball, you don’t have a proven commodity at QB, and you’re inheriting an OL that has sucked for almost a decade.
Stop being reasonable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator