Truth Takes: Why the Gators Could Win 10 in 2018 - Part 1: Coaching

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I don't think we're as loaded as those LSU teams. Miles could recruit, I'll give him that. He was the luckiest sob ive ever seen on the sidelines.
But to your other point. I'm not sure our talent is being managed properly. We have seen guys like Johnson play and there's no way he should be starting and McCoy and a few others sitting. And you can't tell me that Toney couldn't run Mullens system like Fitzgerald or even Kylan Johnson should get a look. We have a walk on (Jaylin Jackson) that gives us a better chance than Franks.

I'm not saying that we are as loaded, but I think we both see the point I was attempting to make. I think Toney should have had shots at QB in January of 2017 when he enrolled. Unlike this site, Swamp Gas doesn't save every thread or else I would link where I wrote that a 3-star from Alabama should get a shot. Naturally, a lot of people said I was crazy. I'm not sure if BMF or Itraz saw it or remember it if they did. Then Toney played and I linked the thread a few times until it dated out.

I'll get more into player specifics next time I promise. And by no means do I think everything is managed perfectly. But we won't know until at least Kentucky, if not in Knoxville. And that gets me into part 3, schedule, lol.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I don't think we're as loaded as those LSU teams. Miles could recruit, I'll give him that. He was the luckiest sob ive ever seen on the sidelines.
But to your other point. I'm not sure our talent is being managed properly. We have seen guys like Johnson play and there's no way he should be starting and McCoy and a few others sitting. And you can't tell me that Toney couldn't run Mullens system like Fitzgerald or even Kylan Johnson should get a look. We have a walk on (Jaylin Jackson) that gives us a better chance than Franks.

Toney won’t make it past LSU.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Toney won’t make it past LSU.
I get what ur saying and I think it would be different at QB if he was taught and coached to slide and get down.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I think he's saying he can make those simple throws, but doesn't believe he will because it's not the first read.

And I'm curious, why won't Toney make it past LSU?

His jukey style of play leaves him open to big hits. He doesn’t have an SEC build. He made it to early October last year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His jukey style of play leaves him open to big hits. He doesn’t have an SEC build. He made it to early October last year.
I'm not really sure what that means but he is bigger than Rainey, Demps and Deonte Thompson.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Mehhh... not that hard. You know if you struggled with it. And I doubt you did.

I felt going into it that I would use the MBE to save my Florida score and came out hoping my Florida score saved MBE. I couldn't have asked for better essay topics for me to write on so hopefully I'll be fine. Thank you for the confidence. You know I love some Law Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I felt going into it that I would use the MBE to save my Florida score and came out hoping my Florida score saved MBE. I couldn't have asked for better essay topics for me to write on so hopefully I'll be fine. Thank you for the confidence. You know I love some Law Swamp Donkey
At some point you were looking around thinking one person in this room isn't going to pass and it has to be that moron over there, right?

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I'm not really sure what that means but he is bigger than Rainey, Demps and Deonte Thompson.

You don’t know what “jukey” means? Those three were SEC built and didn’t leave themselves open to big hits.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

Me too

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
At some point you were looking around thinking one person in this room isn't going to pass and it has to be that moron over there, right?

Yep. Heck, some people were freaking out on some of the essay stuff that was pretty basic IMO. What didn't help me though is I had one of Miami's top students at my table with me. Dude was a fast reader and finished everything 45 minutes early except the essays. Talking a little about the essays afterward he definitely knew what he was doing so I don't think he's a jackass that finishes tests early and proceeds to bomb them (met plenty of those throughout life).

Sadly, what also made me think I was on the upside of the curve was everyone waiting in long lines for bathrooms before the sessions and me refusing to wait and walking to the empty bathroom 50 feet over. I know that's stupid, but sometimes the little things say something.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Yep. Heck, some people were freaking out on some of the essay stuff that was pretty basic IMO. What didn't help me though is I had one of Miami's top students at my table with me. Dude was a fast reader and finished everything 45 minutes early except the essays. Talking a little about the essays afterward he definitely knew what he was doing so I don't think he's a jackass that finishes tests early and proceeds to bomb them (met plenty of those throughout life).

Sadly, what also made me think I was on the upside of the curve was everyone waiting in long lines for bathrooms before the sessions and me refusing to wait and walking to the empty bathroom 50 feet over. I know that's stupid, but sometimes the little things say something.

The little things say EVERYTHING.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Don't know if this helps, but Toney is the same size as Harvin was at UF. I think the S&C will help him stay healthy as well. No promises, heck, things happen, like Cleveland's freak injury last season.

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Don't know if this helps, but Toney is the same size as Harvin was at UF. I think the S&C will help him stay healthy as well. No promises, heck, things happen, like Cleveland's freak injury last season.

True, but that’s like saying a guy like me, in decent shape, is the same as an MMA fighter of the same size. That’s Toney vs Harvin. Harvin also had a way of avoiding big hits. Toney leaves himself wide open.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I agree with this about Toney. I think we are all wishing he will make some exciting plays this year. But he has had injury issues and he has had hands problems. We have a bunch of potentially good targets at WR and TE luckily. I just hope mullen doesn't decide to run it 80% of the time. Grimes and Jefferson need to get a bunch of touches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator