Tuesday Favorites….Flooring

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Zach Galifianakis Ngapa GIF

We have one of our sons that lives down there - he married a native San Antonian..
Plus, I'll be driving a big honkin' UHaul there this weekend with my daughter, son-in-law, 21 month old granddaughter, a one year old 'velociraptor' Puppy and three cats. Google says it only takes 14 hours driving time, but I'm hoping we'll be there by Labor Day.. ;)

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I'm gonna surround myself in wood. I’m even gonna buy that fake wood wall paper. It's gonna be like a log cabin. 'cause I need wood around me. Wood
I have yellow poplar boards on the walls of my home. I bought the logs and hired a guy to mill the lumber then after letting it "season" for over a year I trued the edges, planed it and nailed it to the walls. Most of the ceilings are V-joint tongue & groove except for the master bedroom. I have red aromatic cedar there. It too came from logs that I had custom milled.

Just wish I could convince Mrs. Nalt into us getting hardwood floors...

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I love the new vinyl planking. Ours looks like real wood, is easy to maintain, and wears well.
It's also termite resistant...I'll get into that another time...I can't yet...legal reasons.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Dad has a cabin in WNC that was built in the late 1980’s and he wanted the authentic feel to it. The hardwood floors are amazing but there’s at least a 1/4” gap in between each board. Every time you sweep, there’s really no need for a dustpan at the end. :lol:

My apologies to seedy for the photo. It’s the only one I had that showed the floor.

2EAFE331-24F6-41A3-9686-FB3710CAD80B.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I love the new vinyl planking. Ours looks like real wood, is easy to maintain, and wears well.
It's also termite resistant...I'll get into that another time...I can't yet...legal reasons.

You continue to be the most puzzling poster here. First you invent poultry string, and now have a NDA with a linoleum company.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
You continue to be the most puzzling poster here. First you invent poultry string, and now have a NDA with a linoleum company.

I knew the guy who invented the pop-up timer.. Volk...he lived in Atlanta...but not the poultry tie. There is also a hock lock...

I never said I had an NDA with a flooring company...I said my flooring is termite resistant...and why that attribute is important to me?... I don't want to/can't get into for legal reasons.

I may elaborate in the future...many here...those exposed to Formosan termites...may find it very beneficial. ..but until the issue is settled...that is all I can say.

And y'all bash me for reading comprehension...geez

Last edited:

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Dad has a cabin in WNC that was built in the late 1980’s and he wanted the authentic feel to it. The hardwood floors are amazing but there’s at least a 1/4” gap in between each board. Every time you sweep, there’s really no need for a dustpan at the end. :lol:

My apologies to seedy for the photo. It’s the only one I had that showed the floor.

View attachment 46870
Oh FFS (x2)

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
“Kentucky man disappears. Last seen finishing his shift at a North Carolina Benihana’s. Family is devastated and plans to use this as the theme for next week’s Wednesday Worsts.”
He’s not really missing. Probably asleep on the road somewhere.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I’m probably looking at having to replace 1,500 sq ft of flooring soon. I wanted to do it 2 years ago, but prices went past regular stupid and straight to FSU stupid.

I’ve been holding off til prices fall to a moderate Alabama level stupid.

Anyone in the industry know when or if prices will fall. Probably looking for a fairly high end faux wood.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’m probably looking at having to replace 1,500 sq ft of flooring soon. I wanted to do it 2 years ago, but prices went past regular stupid and straight to FSU stupid.

I’ve been holding off til prices fall to a moderate Alabama level stupid.

Anyone in the industry know when or if prices will fall. Probably looking for a fairly high end faux wood.
Ouch

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone in the industry know when or if prices will fall.
Maybe check here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator