Tuesday Favorites.....Pi

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Blueberry and pumpkin were king in my house. So that’s what I think of as pie.

Blueberry and pumpkin? Kings in your house??? Not a ricotta pie, a crostata, or a torta della nonna??? :facepalm:

The carabinieri have confirmed that you need to turn in your Italian card as well as your wife beater.

Be grateful they aren't forcing you to shave off your lavish mustache too.

They may not be the most intimidating police force, but what they lack in toughness they more than make up for in panache. Do not cross them.

iu

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Blueberry and pumpkin? Kings in your house??? Not a ricotta pie, a crostata, or a torta della nonna??? :facepalm:

The carabinieri have confirmed that you need to turn in your Italian card as well as your wife beater.

Be grateful they aren't forcing you to shave off your lavish mustache too.

They may not be the most intimidating police force, but what they lack in toughness they more than make up for in panache. Do not cross them.

iu

Alex.

Well my grandmother on my Italian side died when I was very young and had been sick in the years leading up to it. Plus my mother was very Americanized at her parents’ request. So no. Lots of stuff wasn’t handed down. She still makes an incredible tiramisu.

Besides, torta della nonna is technically a cake(thus the name) and there are clearly defined rules in this thread. I don’t need to get in CD’s bad side anymore than I already am.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Well my grandmother on my Italian side died when I was very young and had been sick in the years leading up to it. Plus my mother was very Americanized at her parents’ request. So no. Lots of stuff wasn’t handed down. She still makes an incredible tiramisu.

Besides, torta della nonna is technically a cake(thus the name) and there are clearly defined rules in this thread. I don’t need to get in CD’s bad side anymore than I already am.
Blueberry pie is a winner so back on my good side you go

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread down. There is NO way... any self respecting Floridian would, or should EVER turn down a piece of properly made Key Lime Pie.

1679004542464.png

Or a good Spanish Flan....

1679004780253.png

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Torta Della Nonna:

iu

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve posted this before but one of the best pies ever was a sweet potato made by an older black lady from Gadsden county. Ms. Mattie was known as the “Tater Pie Lady.” She would not divulge the recipe, but I did get her to tell me that she used half cane syrup and half sugar to sweeten the filling. I believe it also had canned milk (evaporated) along with the usual spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. She’d also dust the top of the pie with finely chopped pecans. The filling was firm but not sticky like you may think the syrup would make it. It was some kinda good.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to recall a thread where I mentioned something about liking licorice, which is cultural, and I was chastised and ridiculed to no end for it. Suddenly though we’re putting vinegar in pies, plus at least one poster is ranking sweet potato over pumpkin, and everyone’s just ok with this?

View attachment 55746
Couldn’t agree more. Alex has lost
His mind . The chess pie (stupid name for a pie)he described sounds absolutely repulsive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator