Two thoughts

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Is there a team to hate more than freaking Miami? Probably FSU. I'll be a Miami fan Saturday night.

2) I've got this growing sense that this could be SOS' final visit to the Swamp. I rarely go to games anymore, but I think I gotta get up there tomorrow if for no other reason than this.

Out.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1) I hate FSU much worse than Miami.

2) My dad said the very same thing to me on the phone last night. Alan?

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
It's the only time I want the dirty birds in little Havana to win... I do not root for them, just want them to beat that team out west.... :headbang:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I could care less who wins between those two and could not possibly pull for either one. As far as SOS, you may be right. Hopefully, if he stays around he'll be able to hire WM as his DC for next season.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I will be at SOS's final visit but here is hate ranked. 1. UGA 2. UGA 3. UGA 4. halfassU 5. Notre Dame (for all the undeserved attention and credit they got the last umpeen years) 6. scUM (for cheating in most of those titles) 7. UT but not much as we own them and have a long time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator2002;n104630 said:
It's the only time I want the dirty birds in little Havana to win... I do not root for them, just want them to beat that team out west.... :headbang:
Semenholes, Semis, Clowns, Rejects, Felons.... thats what we call them. Not school up north. If you want to be a Bucknut wannabe and refuse to eat M&Ms there is a place for you in Columbus.

While you are visiting, be sure to admire all the Booby Bowden stuff on Nurvous Creyers desk.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I still think calling them clowns is disrespectful to actual clowns.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Living in central Florida all my life I laugh when ask for directions to Tallacrappy. I tell people you go north until you smell it and then go west until you step in it. I have tried in the past to root for either FSU or UM, usually whoever is the underdog when they play, but I always start to feel dirty and end up watching in udder disgust for both of them. A friend of mine who is one of probably 15 true UM fans seems to agree that Golden must win this game in order to stay there.
One other thought about our game. If we win USCe will be 4-6. Does anyone else think SOS may call it quits after this year ? I don't see them having a quick turnaround and I wonder if SOS would even want to at this point.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Miami was having a great season and getting a lot of attention in the media, I would probably root against them, but since they are pretty much a non-factor I hope they win Saturday. I usually root for the team having the worse season in this rivalry. If they are both good I root for a sinkhole or meteorite

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I used hate FSU a lot more than UGA before joining this website (and was indifferent about Miami except for mocking their low attendance, private school status, and NCAA violations). I still feel FSU is our #1 rival because they are closer to Gainesville and are talked about more in daily news. It all comes down to what matters more - the pride of the state of Florida or the pride of the SEC.

Maybe it's time for a poll about whether people have greater hatred for FSU or UGA :scratchchin:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My 6 yo daughter asked me the other day which teams I dislike the most. Easy... FSU and UGA.
"If they were playing each other, who would you want to win?"
"Go away little girl, I cant be asked such questions."
"C'mon... you have to pick one."
"I'd want FSU to lose".
"So you would want UGA to win."
"Dont put words in mouth. Now go away."

Damn kids.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n104617]2) I've got this growing sense that this could be SOS' final visit to the Swamp.[/QUOTE]

No way. Maybe as a coach, but after SOS retires and moves to Crescent Beach, he'll be at every home game up in the sky boxes until he can't make it up that high anymore.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Miami is a joke, not worth the effort to hate (although they hate the Gators more than any team by a long shot). FSU will always be second rate compared to Florida, even when they're winning more football games.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
QueenCityGator;n104682 said:
Maybe it's time for a poll about whether people have greater hatred for FSU or UGA :scratchchin:
Mark me down for FSU. It may be different for alumni or fans a little older than me which is understandable. Part of my reason for being a Gator fan to begin with was an unbelievable hatred for FSU. I mean it's the kind of hatred that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just seeing their colors or hearing their stupid ass chant. Second would be UM because well they're SCUM. As much as I dislike UGA I would root for them over either FSU or UM.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you'd have asked 35 years ago which rival I hated most, I'd have said Georgia hands down. That softened as SOS beat up on them every year. It's now FSU for obvious reasons, though Miami's easy to hate because, well, it's Miami.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grew up in MIA. While Dad was earning his two graduate degrees at UM between 1966 - 1971, I went to nearly every UM game on his $2 "date" ticket. I saw them beat UF on national TV (ABC) in 1967, lose to ND that same year on a 2 pt conversion miss, saw them lose to Alabama, Penn St, et al after Ted Hendricks and his teammates left, was there for the loss to William and Mary that got Charley Tate fired as HC two days later (Sept 1970), and YES, I WAS there for "The Flop." Like most UM fans in the old Orange Bowl, we had absolutely NO idea what was going on.

But then I got accepted to UF. I was never going to stay in town for school, and besides, their private school tuition was outrageous. My first choice was UNC, where Dad had earned his Bachelor's, but in early 1973 they doubled the out-of-state tuition, so even though I had been accepted early decision, I could not go. So off I went to the best school in the state of Florida, and I have never regretted it. In September, 1973, when I was a freshman, my relationship to the Hurricanes ended. We beat them ALL four times while I was in school, and I had bragging rights on all my friends from SW Miami High who stayed in town and went there. Miami became, and still is, "the enemy."

However, I still know their fight song, and their alma mater, and every year, for one game, and one game only, I am a Hurricanes fan. My hatred of Florida State runs even deeper than that of Miami, and I have an absolute disrespect and utter disdain for everything that is garnet and gold. I will be actively pulling for the 'Canes.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n104724]If you'd have asked 35 years ago which rival I hated most, I'd have said Georgia hands down. That softened as SOS beat up on them every year. It's now FSU for obvious reasons, though Miami's easy to hate because, well, it's Miami. [/QUOTE]

Because your man crush has a losing record against them? :dunno:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n104682 said:

For me, it's the Humpers. I think my hatred for them is rooted in Dooley and their bloody arrogance. Though I will say, with the mockery Rapeis and Jumbo are making of whatever integrity is left in college football, the Clowns are closing ground.......

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As for FSU vs UGA, yes, I do live here in GA. But my brother-in-law played for UGA as a starting DT in the late 70s. My wife attended there. Most of her side of the family graduated from there. And . . . thanks to the four-letter-word that is HOPE, my younger son Scott, who kept his HOPE scholarship all four years at UGA (not an easy thing to do, a lot of students lose it), graduated from Athens with a double major in 2010. I've been there many times, it's a beautiful campus. I have been to two games in Sanford Stadium, and felt like a "stranger in a strange land." Just going up to visit, and fraternity parents weekends, when there was no game, was always more pleasurable.

So for FSU vs UGA, there is no choice for me, it's FSU for absolute hatred. Still, should we win tomorrow, long before Georgia takes the field against Auburn, I'll have to pull for Auburn, just to keep our faint Eastern Division hopes alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.