UF #1...in Academics!

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Guess the admin finally got what they wanted, athletics and the student body sacrificed to be WSJ's #1 ranked public university, I hope the grant money flows in while the athletic money flows out. I seem to remember a day when the inverse was a whole lot more exciting around here.

Here is to number 1, I need to update the CV.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Oh yay. Im so freakin excited. More public ivy bullchit.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Lived there a few years ago. Trust me they are graduating plenty of morons and teaching many of them nothing. I saw one guy's take home Management test that he was doing at a baseball game. Laughable.

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
That is because most ratings of academic excellence have to do with inputs, not outputs. Have productive research faculty, lots of grad students, undergraduates with high SAT scores, a big endowment, etc. and everyone assumes that the outputs will also be excellent. It is a weird way to measure excellence - like saying that just because a restaurant has the freshest ingredients that the food will be excellent. That might be necessary, but not sufficient.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's great. I also think it's great to get in the hurry-up offense when you're down a couple scores deep in the fourth quarter. My college edumacation tought me that.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Lived there a few years ago. Trust me they are graduating plenty of morons and teaching many of them nothing. I saw one guy's take home Management test that he was doing at a baseball game. Laughable.
Damn it 2bits beat me to it. I can't tell you how much it means to me to go around everyday and tell Georgia, Bama, OSU, LSU types that I'm a true champion of life and I'm #1 where it matters. I can see them have a meltdown right in front of me and feel less of themselves because I'm so much SMARTER than they ever will be. Makes them feel so inferior. I make sure to send this to any family members or close friends who pull for losers like the ones mentioned above. I'm God's smartest gift to earth

Also, majority of colleges are all bullchit now. Curriculum has become spoon feed. Pay the money, show up and do the minimum that's required, and receive you piece of paper that shows you could stay in the lines when you color.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That is because most ratings of academic excellence have to do with inputs, not outputs. Have productive research faculty, lots of grad students, undergraduates with high SAT scores, a big endowment, etc. and everyone assumes that the outputs will also be excellent. It is a weird way to measure excellence - like saying that just because a restaurant has the freshest ingredients that the food will be excellent. That might be necessary, but not sufficient.
Hey genius, this one is weighted 70% to OUTPUTS. ;)

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I send my family members and close friends of dumb teams that make the playoffs every year or win the national championship messages everyday belittling them with my intellectual wit. Only thing is they're not as smart as me so they don't get the joke. But that's the best part, because it shows how superior I am to them and it makes me feel good. I encourage all of my fellow gators to do the same.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I send my family members and close friends of dumb teams that make the playoffs every year or win the national championship messages everyday belittling them with my intellectual wit. Only thing is they're not as smart as me so they don't get the joke. But that's the best part, because it shows how superior I am to them and it makes me feel good. I encourage all of my fellow gators to do the same.
Dude, that's my entire schtick on this board!!!!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Our entire roster studying catapulted UF to the top. Coach has us #1 in something, at least.

This is the only thing that matters. That's why 90,000 plus pack the stands every Saturday, they hope by bringing their low self esteem ignorant self to the stadium, they might actually gain some knowledge from these young Einsteins by being in close proximity to them and be able to turn their life around.

The only reason football exist at Florida is for these students to get to experience what it's like to be the loser in the world we live in. To experience interactions with these mentally challenged individuals so it will make them want to study harder and reach unbelievable heights in the classroom. Couldn't be more proud of our coaches over the years. If these idiots fire Billy, I hope they hire Butch Jones. He understands what it means to be a champion of life

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.