UF and Mac in a 10:30 AM Sunday meeting

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Meeting should be over by 10:35 AM. I quoted the conversation yesterday. 1 minute to sit down, 1 minute to kibbitz (chat), 1 minute to drop the AX, 1 minute to kibbitz (chat), 1 minute to leave.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are right. The idea of firing him for cause is BS. Ain't gonna happen. The plan that they can fire him because they are unable to substantiate his claim that he received death threats is ridiculous. If these threats were received via e-mails, text messages, or through the mail they would be simple to verify. However, a carload of drunken rednecks riding through the neighborhood shouting obscenities and threats would be another matter and very difficult to disprove.
If the big shot boosters want him gone, they will have to pass the hat and pony up the money called for in the man's contract.
You wouldn't have to disprove a carload of drunken idiots riding through a neighborhood because that isn't a credible threat and would still mean he basically made the story up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meeting should be over by 10:35 AM. I quoted the conversation yesterday. 1 minute to sit down, 1 minute to kibbitz (chat), 1 minute to drop the AX, 1 minute to kibbitz (chat), 1 minute to leave.

And yet.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
latest

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I do not want to get too greedy and I hope to whoever or whatever that Fooley is not at this "meeting". Fooley has no reason to be there. But while they are in the midst of canning Butters, can they revoke Fooley's access everywhere?????

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You wouldn't have to disprove a carload of drunken idiots riding through a neighborhood because that isn't a credible threat and would still mean he basically made the story up.
No you don't have to prove that he wasn't threatened at some point.

The issue is causing harm to the university by attacking it and the fanbase, again. He was already warned. He already embarrassed the AD and university multiple times. His job is to talk about football and not to harm his employer. There are many other for cause issues in play too. This one just happened to cause a national stir.

malo

Founding Member
Daily observer
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I did hear that he was let go last night, but details were going to be hashed out today.
Here is my biggest dread, we get all hyped up over a new coach and end up with the same old crap. I know what we all want, but is the buyout going to impede our options? Man all of this even has me back to posting again....and I don't post much. Only lurk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator