UF and Mac in a 10:30 AM Sunday meeting

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
This is a darn good read and pulls together all the things we've been saying here on GC for close to two years.

This passage about the whole shark thing reflects the way I felt about the way he handled it and was mentioned by on of the guys on the pregame show when he called McElwain "college football's drama queen".

"This is a program that has run off the rails, and not just on Saturdays. There were warning signs even this summer, when a photo surfaced on a McElwain lookalike lying naked atop a shark on a deep-sea fishing boat. It’s just a photo, right? McElwain should’ve laughed it off. It instead became a thing … a silly, stupid thing that could’ve been handled with humor but instead revealed a coach strung so tightly that even a laugh-it-off moment turned deadly serious. Maybe it revealed how this team would wilt under pressure. Florida certainly has."
That is a very good observation of the makeup that is Jim McElwain. His statement to the writers during SEC Media Days was so
embarrassing to everyone in the room that you could have heard a pin drop. His remarks that the shark pic was an attack on the
university and on his family was pure hogwash. I honestly believe that the real issue was that Jim was concerned that people would actually believe that it was him on top of Jaws and not just some harmless photo crop.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. @darrenrovell: $1,575,000: What Florida still owes Will Muschamp, who was fired in Nov. 2014. Next payment of $787,500 comes next month.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is a very good observation of the makeup that is Jim McElwain. His statement to the writers during SEC Media Days was so
embarrassing to everyone in the room that you could have heard a pin drop. His remarks that the shark pic was an attack on the
university and on his family was pure hogwash. I honestly believe that the real issue was that Jim was concerned that people would actually believe that it was him on top of Jaws and not just some harmless photo crop.
Actually it was a picture of a real guy on top of a real shark who happened to look a lot like McElwain. And for a guy who tries to act all California and laid back he handled it like a real tight ass.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@darrenrovell: @APMarkLong Well the fact that they had no offset in Muschamp’s contract is extremely negligent.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: McElwain's buyout (if needed) structured the same way.

50% up front, 12.5% each year after.

~$6.45 million now
~$1.61 each year till '21

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Mac already blew some of his buyout money on a Halloween costume

LOL! Jimmy will be the hit of the party at UF's annual Halloween Fest!

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Listen to the replay of gene chizik on the SEC post game show. He takes the classic former coach approach and says something sounds fishy to him about the Florida situation. Defends McElwain and says the administration hasn't had an honest heart to heart conversation with him. Much like dick vitalel will never ever criticize a coach chizik does the same thing. You can tell he's still bitter about the way he was treated by Auburn. And I guess that's somewhat understandable but he certainly makes the administration out to be the villain in Gainesville.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Listen to the replay of gene chizik on the SEC post game show. He takes the classic former coach approach and says something sounds fishy to him about the Florida situation. Defends McElwain and says the administration hasn't had an honest heart to heart conversation with him. Much like dick vitalel will never ever criticize a coach chizik does the same thing. You can tell he's still bitter about the way he was treated by Auburn. And I guess that's somewhat understandable but he certainly makes the administration out to be the villain in Gainesville.

He still thinks auburn did him wrong

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. @darrenrovell: $1,575,000: What Florida still owes Will Muschamp, who was fired in Nov. 2014. Next payment of $787,500 comes next month.
No one was more hesistant to hire a big coach than Foley and more quick to extend a mediocre one for big coach money.

Remind me, was it three extensions in three years, or four? I seem to remember like three in one year.
c4s_foley111714_14230220_8col.jpg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I saw that. He'll probably act the same way when Jones, Sumlin, and Bielema are fired too. Don't think it matters. Looks like the majority of media now agree that Mac should go.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
... hmm, and to think we have a College of Business on Campus? and a College of Law? and nobody can write in a little bit more protect dollar protection for the University... must have some real wizards of smarts at the UAA... sacks of money for everyone, but me. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator