UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We have the unprecedented opportunity next season to solidify our spot as the #4 team in the State. I expect staff to be up to that challenge.
There's that record we can set (first time losingbto all three) and the not getting blanked record that's still out there.

Bernie Sanders GIF by Election 2020

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Honestly are you surprised? Any scheme you run needs at least solid line play.

Not at all. The only thing more fraudulent than his “scared money” line is the supposed attention to detail/organizational skills. More people running around doing things sure. But without question the most unorganized cluster of illogical nonsense I’ve ever witnessed scrammed into two years. It’s actually impressive.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes, I meant empathize. My phone autocorrected me, and I didn't notice because the boys were distracting me. :lol:

Walking up to the 2016 Usce game, I was trying to quickly voice text a multiparty business call. Between my 7 and 5 year old boys talking and then autocorrect kicking in as I tried erasing and retyping, it ended up being an unmitigated disaster, including the words “new titties” being sent instead of the intended new “titles”. :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Walking up to the 2016 Usce game, I was trying to quickly voice text a multiparty business call. Between my 7 and 5 year old boys talking and then autocorrect kicking in as I tried erasing and retyping, it ended up being an unmitigated disaster, including the words “new titties” being sent instead of the intended new “titles”. :lol:
That’s right, blame it on the kids…

IMG_0269.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Not at all. The only thing more fraudulent than his “scared money” line is the supposed attention to detail/organizational skills. More people running around doing things sure. But without question the most unorganized cluster of illogical nonsense I’ve ever witnessed scrammed into two years. It’s actually impressive.
It's like a colony of pheromone free ants with no queen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's like a colony of pheromone free ants with no queen.
It's a colony of GAs. Its just a normal P5 (and some G5) staff in the modern day.

Unfortunately, although we hired a bunch of people to do the things everyone does at Trailerbammer, Ugly, Texas, Michigan, Penn State etc, we hired a ton of Austin Armstrongs who have like 2 years Sunbelt experience. They are simply not competent by SEC standards and obviously can't do ANYTHING quickly such as adjust game plans, prioritize recruits or transfers etc.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's that record we can set (first time losingbto all three) and the not getting blanked record that's still out there.

Bernie Sanders GIF by Election 2020
First coach with two losing seasons is a record that goes back to like 1940s.

I have no idea how far we have to go for the "first coach with three losing seasons" or "4 losing seasons in a row". I don't think I ever saw one that bad in Gator history and frankly WW2 is a pretty damn good excuse to not field a great team.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's a colony of GAs. IT's just a normal P5 (and some G5) staff in the modern day.

Unfortunately, although we hired a bunch of people to do the things everyone does at Trailerbammer, Ugly, Texas, Michigan, Penn State etc, we hired a ton of Austin Armstrongs who have like 2 years Sunbelt experience. They are simply not competent by SEC standards and obviously can't do ANYTHING quickly such as adjust game plans, prioritize recruits or transfers etc.
But Law, Billy is taking these young, impressionable but eager, neo-coaches and slowly, methodically, but surely molding them into a formidable staff set to strike fear and trepidation into the hearts of Bama and UGA. At least that’s the narrative that Stricklin bought. Let’s see what the perception both regionally and nationally is…

Saban…

1702567630711.gif

Hell, even Colorado is laughing…

1702567729892.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You really don’t want that voice-to-text running while your wife is venting about, well, anything but especially you. Then Siri so sweetly offers “Do you want me to send it? “

Nooooo GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
First coach with two losing seasons is a record that goes back to like 1940s.

I have no idea how far we have to go for the "first coach with three losing seasons" or "4 losing seasons in a row". I don't think I ever saw one that bad in Gator history and frankly WW2 is a pretty damn good excuse to not field a great team.
It’s called “The Golden Era.” Post-WWII, college football teams were loaded with returning vets under the GI Bill. Older, more mature, experienced. UF fell behind all that for whatever reasons.

Lamar Sparkman, cartoonist for the Tampa Tribune who designed the original Bucs logo, had a dumpy looking vulture with a “Golden Era” sash who would show up when the Gators were struggling in the 70’s. Google failed to produce it, but as a kid it went along with our then-eternal mantra of “Wait ‘til next year!”

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If BN gets canned mid season, the rest of the staff will likely be around the rest of the season.
When half this recruiting class bails after those “I’m a Gator soon” tweets he should be fired immediately.

Are they trying to shame guys into staying committed? Embarrassing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did the recruits send those tweets or did the staff?

I think the template was sent to the players and they chose to either tweet it or not. It’s why Williams, Hayes and Filsaime haven’t.

Where I’ll disagree a little with @LongTooth is that I don’t think they shamed them into doing it with hopes they wouldn’t flip. The only player that is truly a flight risk and taking a visit is the WR kid Williams. The others just didn’t do it. Kind of a risky move, imo, because it tells the world the status of certain players. I’d even go as far as saying dumb. But I don’t think they prodded or guilted the players to send it out.

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I think the template was sent to the players and they chose to either tweet it or not. It’s why Williams, Hayes and Filsaime haven’t.

Where I’ll disagree a little with @LongTooth is that I don’t think they shamed them into doing it with hopes they wouldn’t flip. The only player that is truly a flight risk and taking a visit is the WR kid Williams. The others just didn’t do it. Kind of a risky move, imo, because it tells the world the status of certain players. I’d even go as far as saying dumb. But I don’t think they prodded or guilted the players to send it out.
I hope not cuz if the staff did this and these kids go it’s the biggest egg out of a series that have been thrown in our faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator