UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think the template was sent to the players and they chose to either tweet it or not. It’s why Williams, Hayes and Filsaime haven’t.

Where I’ll disagree a little with @LongTooth is that I don’t think they shamed them into doing it with hopes they wouldn’t flip. The only player that is truly a flight risk and taking a visit is the WR kid Williams. The others just didn’t do it. Kind of a risky move, imo, because it tells the world the status of certain players. I’d even go as far as saying dumb. But I don’t think they prodded or guilted the players to send it out.
It was dumb. Plenty of downside with very little upside.

Watching BN and his staff:
elaine benes dancing GIF by HULU

Damned awkward.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I think the template was sent to the players and they chose to either tweet it or not. It’s why Williams, Hayes and Filsaime haven’t.

Where I’ll disagree a little with @LongTooth is that I don’t think they shamed them into doing it with hopes they wouldn’t flip. The only player that is truly a flight risk and taking a visit is the WR kid Williams. The others just didn’t do it. Kind of a risky move, imo, because it tells the world the status of certain players. I’d even go as far as saying dumb. But I don’t think they prodded or guilted the players to send it out.
If I attribute a shred of intelligence, mighta been a smart "gut check" by staff on where they stand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know it is the Slantinel but Eli Williams is doing some good work. Wonder if he could coach college DBs? Nahhhhh probably not.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
#57 at LB for Spurriers first couple of seasons... those are still my favorite teams and especially favorite defenses... more than any of the years we won NCs.
I hear you. Gotta give SOS credit. We had two recent staffs- well three if you count the current lol- that wanted, it seemed, a single side identity. Mullen was all offense and Muschump defense. SOS had solid STs and some v good Ds with excellent front 7s, disciplined and always after the ball. Nebraska game, well, it happens.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Think a lot of you guys will like that he is a young defensive back coach that really focuses on tackling. He’s big on run defense tackling by cornerbacks.

Thanks for posting.

"The proof is in the guys he put out at Washington in our time there,'' Lake said. "He is extremely detailed with technique and coverages and schemes. He teaches tackling really well, which is a huge part of great secondary play, making sure you don't give up big plays in the running game.

"He is going to add a huge component strategy-wise and technique-wise. And then, on the recruiting trail, he is just bubbling with energy. He's authentic. Young players really gravitate toward him just with his charisma. I'm sure he is beating the trail and trying to bring some good Gators to Gainesville."

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
tuteled under tater as a player and ended up D2. coastal carolina ran a sideways offense and won low scoring games the last few years. liberty offense is pretty good, but hes "co-OC" and sounds like he's the 1B.

Right up tater's alley... IF he were hiring an OC.

Which he isnt.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.