UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The Tinerc defensive gameplan was nuts. They decided to clamp down on the passing game and give up the run. Perhaps they thought it was 1994 all over again. Like Bob Stoops isnt running a clinic on stop the run period even if it means man zero and ignore the pass to beat Simple Bill.
Yup. That "best performance of 2023" was because of UTs DC 100% over thinking UFs offense. A very Philip Fulmer type of choke in the first half.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I hate the Steelers and am not always a fan of Tomlin the person. But you could do a lot worse than him as a coach.
My mom is from Pittsburg so we root for the Steelers on occasion. The results have been sh!t ever since Big Ben was past his prime. I'm the opposite of you. I like Tomlin the person, not so much as the head coach. They will hold onto him for way longer than necessary because of DEI practices.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My mom is from Pittsburg so we root for the Steelers on occasion. The results have been sh!t ever since Big Ben was past his prime. I'm the opposite of you. I like Tomlin the person, not so much as the head coach.

I read an article in a Pittsburgh newspaper once that said something like 60% of pregnant women in Allegheny County(in 2011) had admitted to smoking while pregnant.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tomlin is an arrogant idiot. His pressers are a combination of Kamala Harris word salad and cliche coach speak. And he does them with some of the weirdest inflection and strangest pauses for effect I've ever seen. I'm convinced he has a touch of downs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read an article in a Pittsburgh newspaper once that said something like 60% of pregnant women in Allegheny County(in 2011) had admitted to smoking while pregnant.
Italian on Italian fight.

This place is like a prequel to The Godfather.

Best Italian food Ive ever had was from Pittsburgh's. Lilttle far Italian woman and Im sure her sweat drops were what made it perfect.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate the Steelers and am not always a fan of Tomlin the person. But you could do a lot worse than him as a coach.

I wasn’t referring to their current coach, I was referencing all the other things the organization has done behind the scenes for decades while they tout themselves as the most righteous franchise in professional sports.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I wasn’t referring to their current coach, I was referencing all the other things the organization has done behind the scenes for decades while they tout themselves as the most righteous franchise in professional sports.

Oh I’m sure. I know a lot of people will point to the half dozen bathroom rapes(who has sex in a bar bathroom anyway?), but I can’t get past the statue in the airport of a guy clearly trapping the ball on the turf.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Lidia’s?
Alla Famiglia served me the best veal chop I’ve ever had. It looked like something out of a Flintstones episode. (And that was on top of a great salad and an excellent cavatappi with vodka sauce.)

I was at a conference staying down at a hotel next to the river and an Italian guy from Chicago convinced four of us to go with him. The incline trolley that we should have taken was under repair so we walked. For those of you who know Pittsburgh topography, it was a fairly challenging feat. (The restaurant staff was pretty impressed; especially since it wasn’t exactly the nicest neighborhood to walk through.) On the plus side we had built up quite an appetite. We Ubered back down the hill!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Ahh. The “Tombstone” of subs. So overrated. If I wanted mediocre processed meat with fries and a fried egg on it, served by some tatted up “Fat Pam” in a slummy area, there are a million other places I could go.
Many, many years ago Mrs G and I visited her best friend from UF who had moved with her husband to Pittsburgh. They took us somewhere for amazing subs. Sadly I remember him telling us “Primanti’s is more famous, but this place is better” but I don’t remember the name of the place we went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator