Oct 29, 2017
In a “Bring out the Gimp” kinda way maybe
peter greene gimp GIF

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If we could stop hiring coaches that call their own plays on either side of the ball we might stand a chance. We seem to continue going for the same kind of hooker and are surprised when we get the syph!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You must of have loved you so Muschamp in 2012, because he won 11 games with an anemic offense.

Because that is what we are seeing from Napier... he could have all the talent in the world, and still be a one score game. He isn't a cultural fit, because at UF the culture if to step on their throat when down. Offensive innovation.

There were plenty of complaints from 05-bye week of 06 due to the offense. Less complaining in an underachieving 07 or not in the massive offense production of 08. But a lot in 09 even though we were 12-1 because of the vanilla offense/underachieving offense.

I know you love some fat asses, but it's more than that. You could get Napier UGA's talent and he would find a way to lose games, because his system and mentality keeps them closer than they should be. Very similar to Muschamp.
Im not even sure what you are saying because there was no fuggin offensive innovation going on when Meyer/muLLLLLLLen was here. It was all world talent recruited to play that dumb arse muLLLLLLLen ball. There was soooo much complaining about the offense during the Meyer years...were you not following the message boards? Running the option with Leak was so infuriating. 2006 was nothing but close games even though we had way more talent than anyone. We literally did keep every game closer than we should have. In 2007, even though we did score a lot more points there were games were it was just horrible offensive efforts, though the biggest issue that season was the defensive side. 2008 team is probably what I would compare to UGA today, flat out loaded with talent that scheme really didnt matter. Our OL and DL were way better than anyone on our team and deep. Our skill players on both sides of the ball were ridiculous. From the time Meyer/muLLLLLLLen stepped on campus until the time they left, there was no change at all to the scheme. It was muLLLLLLLen ball to the core. The only thing that changed during that time was the talent running the plays of that scheme and if you look at the results on the field and scoreboard its is directly parallel to the talent we had.

You wrongfully poke at me about being a chump lover all the while acting like muLLLLLLLen is a cultural fit for Florida. Geesh...there is nothing innovative about his offense. It is nothing but counting numbers on the line, making the edge decide and then out talenting the fuchs out of the other team. Literally make them choose between Tebow, Harvin, Hernandez, Murphy and so on. The only thing different between what we had with muLLLLLLLen in 2020 and back in 06-09 is the fat asses winning the LOS way more times than not and having 3-4* skill players versus high 4-5*s with the ball in their hands (and an all world defense compared to a high school defense).

And that was my point...I wish all we had to do was cry over how we were going to score and win instead of acting like any scheme would work with the talent we have on the OL. Napier did upgrade the talent of the players who have the balls in their hand but the reality of it is we still playing with little depth of 2-3* Hevesy specials. Only difference is we wasting 2 coaches on it. Scheme shhhhmeme...its always about recruiting and Napier has failed to recruit the OL whereas Meyer didnt. Offensive innovation my arse...fuggin muLLLLLLLen lover.

Last edited:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
And that was my point...I wish all we had to do was cry over how we were going to score and win instead of acting like any scheme would work with the talent we have on the OL. Napier did upgrade the talent of the players who have the balls in their hand but the reality of it is we still playing with little depth of 2-3* Hevesy specials. Only difference is we wasting 2 coaches on it. Scheme shhhhmeme...its always about recruiting and Napier has failed to recruit the OL whereas Meyer didnt. Offensive innovation my arse...fuggin muLLLLLLLen lover.
So no one could win more then 5 games with Florida's talent? Give me a fuching break. His point is Napier's offense was boring and sucked ass and barely won games at ULL where he had a huge talent advantage over every one he played. To pretend scheme doesn't play a huge part of it is retarded.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im not even sure what you are saying because there was no fuggin offensive innovation going on when Meyer/muLLLLLLLen was here. It was all world talent recruited to play that dumb arse muLLLLLLLen ball. There was soooo much complaining about the offense during the Meyer years...were you not following the message boards? Running the option with Leak was so infuriating. 2006 was nothing but close games even though we had way more talent than anyone. We literally did keep every game closer than we should have. In 2007, even though we did score a lot more points there were games were it was just horrible offensive efforts, though the biggest issue that season was the defensive side. 2008 team is probably what I would compare to UGA today, flat out loaded with talent that scheme really didnt matter. Our OL and DL were way better than anyone on our team and deep. Our skill players on both sides of the ball were ridiculous. From the time Meyer/muLLLLLLLen stepped on campus until the time they left, there was no change at all to the scheme. It was muLLLLLLLen ball to the core. The only thing that changed during that time was the talent running the plays of that scheme and if you look at the results on the field and scoreboard its is directly parallel to the talent we had.

This just shows how little you pay attention. The pro-set after the Auburn loss (bye week) which put in a full back to be more in line with what Leak was used didn't help at all. I would say Donkey was pretty vocal about this change. Similar how it was pointed out that was a change that was probably brought on by Meyer.
You wrongfully poke at me about being a chump lover all the while acting like muLLLLLLLen is a cultural fit for Florida. Geesh...there is nothing innovative about his offense. It is nothing but counting numbers on the line, making the edge decide and then out talenting the fuchs out of the other team. Literally make them choose between Tebow, Harvin, Hernandez, Murphy and so on. The only thing different between what we had with muLLLLLLLen in 2020 and back in 06-09 is the fat asses winning the LOS way more times than not and having 3-4* skill players versus high 4-5*s with the ball in their hands (and an all world defense compared to a high school defense).

So for 4 years of Mullen where I was a pretty consistent critic of Mullen, I'm the one who said he was a cultural fit, really? I mean we didn't change our scheme or play calling in 2020 for the difference in the style of talent on offense either (thanks Brian Johnson).

No one said that OL talent isn't important... NO ONE... but to say scheme and playcalling doesn't mean anything... are you ridiculous. Meyer had talent, but in 06 fit the scheme around Leaks talents. Then there was an obvious shift in play-calling and scheme during the 07/08 seasons on offense.. Even someone as blind as you could see it was to fit the pieces we had. Then in 09 when we were still talent rich, an even dumber play-caller and schemer was hired and drove the offense into the ground.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So no one could win more then 5 games with Florida's talent? Give me a fuching break. His point is Napier's offense was boring and sucked ass and barely won games at ULL where he had a huge talent advantage over every one he played. To pretend scheme doesn't play a huge part of it is retarded.
I get his point and not arguing against it. Never did. My comments were directed at his cultural fit remark, as if that means anything or is factual at all. Had Napier upgraded talent on the OL and we won a lot more games there wouldnt be a whole lot of argument about offensive scheme and all the arguing would be just about the defense. He also acts like people loved Napier's system when he was hired but now erbody hates it which is also wrong. There were long drawn out discussions about nobody liking his scheme. Offensive innovation and cultural fit is an empty statement that makes no sense. Id love to be like it was in 2005-2009 when we won all those games and complained about scheme. There was no offensive innovation going on then nor did fall into his cultural fit comment, which was my point.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This just shows how little you pay attention. The pro-set after the Auburn loss (bye week) which put in a full back to be more in line with what Leak was used didn't help at all. I would say Donkey was pretty vocal about this change. Similar how it was pointed out that was a change that was probably brought on by Meyer.

So for 4 years of Mullen where I was a pretty consistent critic of Mullen, I'm the one who said he was a cultural fit, really? I mean we didn't change our scheme or play calling in 2020 for the difference in the style of talent on offense either (thanks Brian Johnson).

No one said that OL talent isn't important... NO ONE... but to say scheme and playcalling doesn't mean anything... are you ridiculous. Meyer had talent, but in 06 fit the scheme around Leaks talents. Then there was an obvious shift in play-calling and scheme during the 07/08 seasons on offense.. Even someone as blind as you could see it was to fit the pieces we had. Then in 09 when we were still talent rich, an even dumber play-caller and schemer was hired and drove the offense into the ground.
Dude...my comment was in ref to you cultural fit and offensive innovation remark and you are making it about way more than it was so Id say you are the one not paying attention. Other than Reeves-Alvarez and the Spurrier era (coaching, not playing), there has really never been offensive innovation at UF and there is no model of any offense that is a 'cultural fit' for Florida. What has been the recipe for winning when we was winning, just like everywhere else, was having deep talent in the trenches and a punishing defense. 1995 SOS offensive innovation team got their arse handed to them by Nebraska because their DL whooped our OL and our defense was subpar. 1996 was a different story...our OL was much better and our defense was even better. I never said you referenced muLLLLLLLen as the cultural fit...pay attention...I used that era to point out that there is no cultural fit for Florida except winning. So had Napier came in and got the OL deep with better talent than the Hev specials we continue to play with he'd won a lot more games. That was my freaking point and the only thing I was speaking to and used the Meyer/muLLLLLLLen years to make that point.

Im of the opinion that Napier's scheme/coaching lost us several games this season...UK, Ark and Mizzou with strong arguments to be made that FSU and even LSU (more game day coaching mistakes in these two). I never argued that scheme and play calling dont matter...I was only pointing out your offensive innovation and cultural fit comments are just wrong.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would love for us to make a hard run at Day.
He's upset with the fans, the fans are upset with him, hell, Come to Florida young man.
I know, everyone says this is unrealistic.

I used to think that way as well. The paradigm changed when Kelly Left Notre Dame.
YES!!!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude...my comment was in ref to you cultural fit and offensive innovation remark and you are making it about way more than it was so Id say you are the one not paying attention. Other than Reeves-Alvarez and the Spurrier era (coaching, not playing), there has really never been offensive innovation at UF and there is no model of any offense that is a 'cultural fit' for Florida. What has been the recipe for winning when we was winning, just like everywhere else, was having deep talent in the trenches and a punishing defense. 1995 SOS offensive innovation team got their arse handed to them by Nebraska because their DL whooped our OL and our defense was subpar. 1996 was a different story...our OL was much better and our defense was even better. I never said you referenced muLLLLLLLen as the cultural fit...pay attention...I used that era to point out that there is no cultural fit for Florida except winning. So had Napier came in and got the OL deep with better talent than the Hev specials we continue to play with he'd won a lot more games. That was my freaking point and the only thing I was speaking to and used the Meyer/muLLLLLLLen years to make that point.

Im of the opinion that Napier's scheme/coaching lost us several games this season...UK, Ark and Mizzou with strong arguments to be made that FSU and even LSU (more game day coaching mistakes in these two). I never argued that scheme and play calling dont matter...I was only pointing out your offensive innovation and cultural fit comments are just wrong.

I see you won't get it and it's not worth my time. If you don't understand organization culture, this isn't the place to teach you. There is a reason certain leaders fit in certain environments. Fanbases are an extension of their organizational culture, especially college fanbases. But you keep going back to just line play which is for any football team, and wins and loses... and it's more than that. Certain coaches get more leeway because of it as well, now Napier doesn't help himself with his team regressing in both seasons. But if he was more like a Florida coach he would have more leeway. He would fit more as Big 10 coach.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
now Napier doesn't help himself with his team regressing in both seasons. But if he was more like a Florida coach he would have more leeway. He would fit more as Big 10 coach.
What frustrates people with Napier is, much of the negative we see is from decisions he made. So, there's that. He's not a victim.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It became apparent pretty quickly that Billy’s greatest redeeming quality was the efforts toward changing the team and program’s culture. No denying there was some toxicity from the previous regimes that still lingered and Billy’s attention to these changes provided a little comfort, a distraction really, even in the face of a losing record. The strong drug of “hope” kept alive the notion that eventually all the good citizens we have on the roster would morph into an effective team and winning would begin and take its rightful place. Didn’t happen. In fact it just got worse this second season. Billy was actually telling us, without “telling” us, by his staff assignments and the predominance of young analysts who were not very long on actual coaching experience. But the biggest tell for me was the defensive suckage that was on display weekly with no changes. That was our sign.

I’ll admit to having looked past Billy’s Sunbelt resume and P5 OC failure, giving him a pass as a solid moral dude who looked, on the surface at least, as being organized, detail-oriented, young and energetic at 44, and appreciative of this great opportunity he was being afforded. He was also following Douche-Bag Dan, so the “anything’s better” tag was in play. But I’ve since been reminded of a high school coach that was hired when I was AD (against my recommendation - I recommended and we could have hired a guy that went on to win 3 titles) who was young and rising, coming off of a state final game appearance, and wanted to hire a staff that was all younger than him so he could “train them“ in his ways and tactics. The guy inherited a good team and made the playoffs, but then racked up four consecutive losing seasons before he was eventually fired. The youthful staff he put together pretty much imploded. The similarity between that and Billy‘s tenure thus far is striking. It is a shame that the only redeeming value that appears to remain is the salvage of a recruiting class. Every minute we wait before making the necessary and inevitable change just adds to the distance we have to recover in order to be relevant in the conference and national title contention.
Basically we hood winked ourselves into see something that wasn’t there.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I know my opinion doesn't mean much, but totally disagree with everyone saying Napier doesn't care about the outcome and is just counting the days to get fired so he can get paid the buyout.

I believe Napier wants to win here and he believes that what worked at ULL will work here, given enough time. I think that is where his thinking fails him, but he is not pulling a Mullen IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator