UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
How much are you betting on that? It's funny that you act like we haven't lost to like half a dozen new QBs in the last two years and act like now that is a thing.

My bet line was on the ‘25 schedule. My point is that it’s not like this year is hard and then magically things get way easier

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If BN wins 7 games with this schedule he should be celebrating, especially if he keeps his offensive coaching staff intact.
I don't care what the schedule is. If in three years Napier can only muster 6, 5, and then 7 win seasons, he and anyone else with that record should be gone. That's unacceptable. I think Billy needs at least 9 regular season wins to keep his job, which at this point seems like a miracle.

But I doubt Strickland has the balls to pull the plug. He'd probably think 7 wins is a great improvement. He has to go, especially before he starts yanking seats out of the Swamp.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
It’s been said many times but must be repeated throughout this year.
Scottie Stricklin should be fired for allowing the conference to stick it to UF the way they have again in 2024.
I'm just going to refer back to my analysis of Stricklin from almost exactly six years ago.

Please hold your applause. I'm not asking for it. Just getting the message across that Stricklin's shortcomings were evident from the beginning.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s been said many times but must be repeated throughout this year.
Scottie Stricklin should be fired for allowing the conference to stick it to UF the way they have again in 2024.
SOS or Meyer would yawn at this.

If your coach cant beat UK, Arky or Vandy, then every schedule is impossible.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ANY coach should take a huge leap in his 3rd year. If he doesn't, and you have title aspirations, it should be over.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
A week from ESD and still no DL coach and two of the worst OL coaches, ever, still on staff.

Football is pretty simple. It's starts in the trenches. It doesn't matter what scheme.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
A week from ESD and still no DL coach and two of the worst OL coaches, ever, still on staff.

Football is pretty simple. It's starts in the trenches. It doesn't matter what scheme.
Oh Lord...dont let douggy see this or he will go off on tldr rant about cultural fit and nonsense like that.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I don't care what the schedule is. If in three years Napier can only muster 6, 5, and then 7 win seasons, he and anyone else with that record should be gone. That's unacceptable. I think Billy needs at least 9 regular season wins to keep his job, which at this point seems like a miracle.

But I doubt Strickland has the balls to pull the plug. He'd probably think 7 wins is a great improvement. He has to go, especially before he starts yanking seats out of the Swamp.
It is almost surreal but we know Napier now and he just doesnt get it. If Scrick fires Napier would they let him conduct vet and hire the next guy? Maybe he leaves when Napier does and will hang on to him, making excuses behind the scenes to keep his job. I dont know. Even if he does can Napier, if he conducts the next hire, whats the difference? What a hole we are in. Again, Napier seems clueless. Who respects the guy?

Re new coaches, I bet they have a guarantee, two years minimum.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Honestly are you surprised? Any scheme you run needs at least solid line play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.