UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
even if it is reporting to the AD, it sounds eerily close to what the AD and his existing staff are already supposed to be doing? In a nutshell, it sounds like exactly what their job descriptions are in terms of purely football support.

I really think this was pushed externally and little scotty has no choice but to go along with it.
I feel like it might be a good move to have a "GM" in place to monitor ONLY Football. Perhaps it would even lead to more oversight of the entire staff and maybe, just maybe it will be one to where, the GM handles the operations and coaches go coach and recruit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So he is the Mississippi State of GCMB, he is Cousin Eddie... I mean isn't that like saying he is the Carson Wentz of GCMB?
Fox America GIF by Family Guy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
even if it is reporting to the AD, it sounds eerily close to what the AD and his existing staff are already supposed to be doing? In a nutshell, it sounds like exactly what their job descriptions are in terms of purely football support.

I really think this was pushed externally and little scotty has no choice but to go along with it.
This seems to me like a move to put someone in place to hire coaches and make football decisions and stricklin can still be the fund raiser.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have absolutely no idea how this gif has anything to do with anything in this thread but thank you.
Allow me to help: recall that it was Dougie and Sofla throwing jabs, which is always just Cowboys vs Da Iggles. That particular Iggles gif touched me the most.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And this move helps the product on the field how? Never heard of this guy but working with Dumbo is supposed to be an asset? Dumbo is at the top of the list for putting a product on the field well below its talent level.
This is the beginning of the end for stricklin

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LSU hired Mizzou’s DC and are paying him $2.5m. Highest paid assistant in the country.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. They were #33rd in country in Total D. Gave up 500 yards to UF, 261 of it on the ground. Kelly?? :crazy:, but 2.5 Mil??
Im not sure this is the greatest hire, but we had a 3:1 or 4:1 blue chip talent advantage over the Mizzu. They SHOULD struggle against more talented teams, which is basically every SEC team not named Vandy or USCjr.

Is it worse than paying 1 mill to a 20 year old who was a GA 2 years ago and who finished 68th in the country in the Sunbelt? Not sure.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Rumors on tos is Sling blade is set to hire Ron Roberts (Auburns DC) as his new lb coach. If true that'll be a much better hire then we were expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator