UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
…finds success after only reassigning his already mediocre collection of loyal assistants?

I don’t think that’s accurate. This offseason he:

Let the DB & DL coaches go and replaced them with

Changed out his SC coach & when his hire bolted promoted a guy but also hired an extremely experienced guy to work with him.

When his LB coach left he hired a guy who can coach and mentor his young DC

Promoted a promising young offensive assistant

We’ll see if any of the above works. If it does, great. If not, it’s (still) on him but at least he is trying.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Changed out his SC coach & when his hire bolted promoted a guy but also hired an extremely experienced guy to work with him.

We’ll see if any of the above works. If it does, great. If not, it’s (still) on him but at least he is trying.
Yikes, you are really asking for it. INCOMING!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Thanks Mrs. Napier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I mean...he has to be really good at convincing players to come to UF, right? Our recruiting rankings and star avg has gone up slightly even though our record continues to drag along the bottom.
What recruiting ranking is up? We havent landed a class higher than 15th.

This clown cant even recruit as well as Butters and Dbag Dan and they didnt bother to try.

This is exactly why idgaf about losing our sucky recruiting coordinator. We could probably just hire someone from FAU and be no worse off.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The problem I see is the departures are either leaving for what they feel is a better situation, or we “fired” them and they were immediately picked up by good programs. Then, we replaced them with question marks that no one was pursuing except us. I don’t know that we’ve upgraded a single position in terms of coaching and you could argue we’ve gone backwards in several. I can commend him for doing something about the current state, but guys like Sale and Couch still being employed make it feel like a superficial, please the mob approach while not actually addressing some of the greatest areas of concern. And lastly, the 3 recent departures don’t paint a very optimistic picture. As always, I’ll be there against um in week 1 and still would be happy if he miraculously pulled this out. But I don’t think the signs point to that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
middle school, high school, low level college program. I mean as much of a douche canoe as Butters is. He was smart, got his money from us, then went to a low level college program where he would be one of the good coaches and could probably retire with limited expectations.
Butters has had two losing seasons and will be kicked out of his barn soon.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you’ve nailed it. Though I lean more toward Newports. That’s the brand the stripper at Cafe Risqué who he knocked up likes.
Matthew Broderick GIF

The Membership Committee is going to need some explanation on the odd specificity…

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The problem I see is the departures are either leaving for what they feel is a better situation, or we “fired” them and they were immediately picked up by good programs.
Exactly. "Fired" lolol.

They left his stupid loser ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.