UF hires Houston OC Brian Johnson to be QB coach

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think that ultimately depends on the HC. It’s possible to have good relationships on staff for cohesion while understanding that the boss will hold everyone accountable. That clearly didn’t happen with Mac, but we’ll find out if DM can strike the proper balance.
I trust Mullen a little more than Butters just because he has a longer track record of being a HC....I assume he knows the consequences of not running a tight ship...Still not 100% sold on Mullen but it is what it is at this point and at least he has seen firsthand the program run at it's highest level so hopefully there is some carry over....

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I trust Mullen a little more than Butters just because he has a longer track record of being a HC....I assume he knows the consequences of not running a tight ship...Still not 100% sold on Mullen but it is what it is at this point and at least he has seen firsthand the program run at it's highest level so hopefully there is some carry over....

Yep. I’m slightly optimistic, but definitely in wait-and-see mode.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

So explain Mac and his continuation of staff that was not getting it done? I like being friends with some of my associates but I want them to know it is all business when we are doing business.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So explain Mac and his continuation of staff that was not getting it done? I like being friends with some of my associates but I want them to know it is all business when we are doing business.

Amen, Chief. I’d put this among the bigger mistakes Mac made. Nuss was ineffective and very expensive. How Mac could not see this when the rest of the world did has to include stubbornness for a friend.

Nord led our TEs to be the least productive I can recall. (I go back to Faulkner/Mularkey - as in Bob Hewko’s first pass on the first play of his UF career vs. Cal in Tampa in 1980, hitting Faulkner up the seam on play action for about 15-20 yards.) Goolsby is a talented guy and Nord may have ruined his development and chances in the NFL. (Hopefully he catches on somewhere. Deonte Thompson & Trey Burton are still playing so there is hope.)

And aside from spectacular kickers in Townsend and Piniero, his special teams were awful.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
(I go back to Faulkner/Mularkey - as in Bob Hewko’s first pass on the first play of his UF career vs. Cal in Tampa in 1980, hitting Faulkner up the seam on play action for about 15-20 yards
AND WE ALL STOOD UP AND SAID AMEN................I was there and after the previous year of NO WINS............ WE were all so happy. About the hottest game I ever sat through. The stadium smelled like vomit. All I had on was a tank top and running shorts.... Great game............

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AND WE ALL STOOD UP AND SAID AMEN................I was there and after the previous year of NO WINS............ WE were all so happy. About the hottest game I ever sat through. The stadium smelled like vomit. All I had on was a tank top and running shoes...........

FIFY....

And man! There must have been a hell of a tailgate party that day! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator