UF hires Houston OC Brian Johnson to be QB coach

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin said:
Rex proving once again his only care in life is to be mad at something.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rex said:

Total bull**** as usual. I love the basketball team and coach White. That doesn't jive with your theory though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ruh-roh Slevin, Rex is mad at you.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Total bull**** as usual. I love the basketball team and coach White. That doesn't jive with your theory though.
Sorry, to be mad at football. Every theory so far is hypothetical, negative or positive and yet you only live on the side of negativity. The staff is pretty solid so far and you **** on it at every angle. I’m far from the only one who sees that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, to be mad at football. Every theory so far is hypothetical, negative or positive and yet you only live on the side of negativity. The staff is pretty solid so far and you **** on it at every angle. I’m far from the only one who sees that.

Oh. So, I'm only football miserable now? LOL. I'm negative because I am not gonna dance through the tulips and ride the rainbows? Am I the only person that remembers that poll on here? It was like 60% of us did not like the hire. Are you telling me that I should just get in line? Nothing I can do so just put a smile on and become a pumper?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Oh. So, I'm only football miserable now? LOL. I'm negative because I am not gonna dance through the tulips and ride the rainbows? Am I the only person that remembers that poll on here? It was like 60% of us did not like the hire. Are you telling me that I should just get in line? Nothing I can do so just put a smile on and become a pumper?

So change it. Go get Mullen fired. We will be waiting.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Can he recruit? That's all I care about this hire personally. He's not a coordinator and Mullen is obviously very hands on in working with the QB's, especially the starter, so the most important attribute of this guy is going to be working his ass off on the recruiting trail.

What's his history tell us about his recruiting ability? Any big names he was responsible for bringing in? Any experience recruiting in Florida?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
you don't have to like it, but you don't have to be a miserable prick at every chance either.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Exactly. This is common practice in coaching, corporate and military circles. You certainly hope nobody hires “yes men,” although it happens. Senior leaders value cohesive teamwork at the highest level because everything, good or bad, rolls downhill.

I’m optimistic Johnson is a good hire. Why? He’s NOT NUSS!

Sure they hire those that they know, then they hold them accountable for doing their jobs correctly and the results. When they don't either you get them to or remove them.

Mac I as I understood it was asked to make changes and declined by his boss. That alone is cause for firing in my world.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
This always makes me wonder because sometimes putting friends in places isn't the best thing for a high end program like UF. I understand that sometimes it helps with terminology and maybe cohesion amongst parts of the staff but NO ONE should be too comfortable just because of their relationship with the boss(coach)...

As some have pointed out, any leader wants people who will listen and carry out his/her vision, people that can be trusted and are competent to execute direction.

As a leader, you need the qualities others have outlined in your staff - but to also include an understanding of their blind spots, their areas of developmental need, and how YOU can make this a growth opportunity for your team.

Similarly, as a staff member, you go into this type of situation wanting to grow, to use the skills and experience you have to date, and to develop yourself and those around you further. There is never an end to learning, unless your dead.

The problem is in hiring staff who are 'comfortable' (see anyone on Mac's staff), and content to not develop but to simply hold status quo for a nice paycheck. These people are deadwood that need to be cut out and replaced with someone hungry and looking to make the most of an opportunity, not make the most off of an opportunity.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You really think that Law has the experience and training to determine who might be a decent coach with Fulmer? No matter what you might think Phil has years of experience, has been a coach, and knows many people in the industry. I bet he would have liked others, but just as with us they were not coming.

LOL means “Laugh out loud” and is used to impart a light humorous tone to what follows. I’m well aware that my opinion of Phil Fulmer as a back-stabbing, under-performing, slovenly goof of a head coach who lucked into a NC with zero experience as an AD has absolutely no effect whatsoever on his actual talents and experience. I’m sure he knows infinitely more than I do about football and a great deal more than I do about athletic administration.

And I thought it was always open season on Fulmer hereabouts.

But Law is a mystery, an enigma, an ethereal phantom who gnaws in the back of my memories of the old GSMB. Yet I don’t see his name here. I don’t hang out in this sandbox long enough to really know the other kids, but I’m starting to piece together that the old Law is today’s Donkey. If that’s true, then his confidence is so strong that I need only appropriate a 100th part of it to justify my post.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LOL means “Laugh out loud” and is used to impart a light humorous tone to what follows. I’m well aware that my opinion of Phil Fulmer as a back-stabbing, under-performing, slovenly goof of a head coach who lucked into a NC with zero experience as an AD has absolutely no effect whatsoever on his actual talents and experience. I’m sure he knows infinitely more than I do about football and a great deal more than I do about athletic administration.

And I thought it was always open season on Fulmer hereabouts.

But Law is a mystery, an enigma, an ethereal phantom who gnaws in the back of my memories of the old GSMB. Yet I don’t see his name here. I don’t hang out in this sandbox long enough to really know the other kids, but I’m starting to piece together that the old Law is today’s Donkey. If that’s true, then his confidence is so strong that I need only appropriate a 100th part of it to justify my post.

Donkey = Law. He changed his name about a year or so ago...Can't remember why? May of had something to do with Mac's teeth... That or he's claiming to have a donkey d!cck...If that be the case, we already know that lawyers are liars... ;)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Already on the trail.

@corral_matt: Thank you Coach Mullen and Coach Johnson for coming to visit.

I will see you this weekend in the Swamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.