Recruiting UF offers 3-star LB

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My bet was that we would finish with a top ten or better class. That is betting FOR not against. Those who I was trying to wager with had already gone on record saying that they were certain we wouldnt therefore, they were already betting AGAINST their team. Since they were CERTAIN they were right that we would fail, why not make some money and bet? Your already on record saying we will fail. Thats betting against your team no matter how anyone spins it. I had faith we would close strong and others didnt. I could have lost money. I was the only one at risk if everyone was so certain. What is the difference in that bet or any other bet? You say we loose, I say we win. Simple.

You obviously don't have the brain matter to understand. Have you ever heard the phrase...my heart says one thing but my brain says another?

Would I have loved to beat Bama last year? Of course. Was it probably gonna happen? Sucks but no. Did I freaking scream and cheer for the Gators? Hell yes. How is that betting against the Gators? It's not. And I'll never bet on a negative outcome for the Gators no matter how big the odds are against us.

It's not betting against the team. You really are totally wrong on this.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was managing to stay out of this all day until now Ala. Dan's bet was that we would end up with a great recruiting class. That's a totally subjective bet with no quantifiable basis. Who's to say what is a great class? It's totally an opinion. No different than my silly bet to him yesterday. That's why nobody took the bet. There was no factual outcome to award a winner.

That's not accurate. Law, the short armed dinosaur, and a couple of others were really down on our recruiting. Not just down, but absolutely blasting any semblance of optimism or positivity. If someone had something good to say on a matter, they'd swoop in, scoff at them and proceed to spew such negativity that I actually had to take a couple days away from the board because so much of the tone was so vial, it just began to feel like pure hatred. Not saying that was so, it's just how it started to feel to me.

On the flip side Dan was full of positiveness. He was in full pumper mode and had rainbows and butterflies coming out his ass. He was sure we were going to finish strong and the quantifier for his bet was we'd finish with a Top 5 or Top 10 (can't remember which) class. His point over and over again was if they were so sure we would not have a good class the place a wager. It got a little comical but I do have to admit I laughed when no one was willing to take him up on it. Unfortunately for him, we finished outside the top 10, so they have been throwing it in his face ever since. The whole thing has been amusing but at least Dan was refreshing in some small way...it was nice to allow for the possibility that the world had, in fact, not ended.

To be fair, he wasn't that far off. I believe we finished around #12. Not the top 5 classes we have grown accustomed to but overall a pretty good class. And given that our last few Top 5 classes have generated very little (dating back to Meyer's last class) I was satisfied with it because our biggest weakness for years has been offense and we had a phenomenal offensive class. Our defensive class was lacking in "star power" but we did manage to land a 5* DE and our next stud DB for DBU. If offensive recruiting remains the same level and we pick it up on the D, our overall star ranking will be very high, though the class may not show it, given that it'll be a smaller class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is going on in this thread?

If I see one more post on this "bet" i'm locking it.

Hell, this thread is so far gone I may lock it anyway.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please post more pictures of the chick in the black boots...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
what are we arguing about?
fetch

More of this please!

---

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm betting J won't lock this thread - I don't think Ox will let him. Can you give me some odds, NV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.