UF pilfers FAU to hire Kerry Dixon II as WR coach

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand why we haven't hired anyone. I think it's ridiculous. Now that the coaching carousel is over it looks like we'll end up grabbing an assistant wr coach from the nfl. It doesn't help with recruiting either

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is Coach Mac said we'd be thrilled with the hire.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n161817 said:
All I know is Coach Mac said we'd be thrilled with the hire.
I think he said we'll be thrilled if he hires

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes I wonder if Coach Mac is still on Colorado time. You know, sorta laid back, don't worry be happy, it is what it is, smoke em' up attitude, while Gator Nation is a little more fast-paced and restless. Name a coach already!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think whoever it is we are going to hire is finishing recruiting for their team and will be named shortly after NSD

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
The Original DC;n161826 said:
Sometimes I wonder if Coach Mac is still on Colorado time. You know, sorta laid back, don't worry be happy, it is what it is, smoke em' up attitude, while Gator Nation is a little more fast-paced and restless. Name a coach already!

I'm fairly certain his biggest priority right now is securing a recruiting class. I'd rather he spend every waking hour doing that. A WR coach is not critical at this instant.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n161848 said:
I'm fairly certain his biggest priority right now is securing a recruiting class. I'd rather he spend every waking hour doing that. A WR coach is not critical at this instant.

Good point!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
After the past 4 years he looked at the roster and said we don't need a WR coach we need a miracle worker.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n161830 said:
I think whoever it is we are going to hire is finishing recruiting for their team and will be named shortly after NSD

I was told this was a dumb idea when I posted that thought.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This from 1-26 on onlygators.com.

Still missing: wide receivers coach

As was mentioned one week ago in this space, new Florida Gators head coach Jim McElwain has been in no rush to fill the last position on his initial coaching staff with Florida still looking for its wide receivers coach 21 days (as of press time) after every other member of the staff was officially announced.
Nevertheless, a source close to the program reaffirmed to OnlyGators.com on Sunday that there is indeed a high level of interest in the position with at least two former Gators players, and one former Florida assistant coach, in the pool of candidates for the job. There are also a couple NFL assistants hoping to get the gig. McElwain has a few front-runners in the aforementioned grouping and will continue interviews this week between recruiting visits and phone calls.

Whether a wide receivers coach is hired in the nine days before National Signing Day (Wednesday, Feb. 4) ultimately remains to be seen, though there is a growing expectation that one could be hired before the week is out.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/01/26/201...taff-vacancy-gators-recruiting/#ixzz3QDHGFx5T
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n161884 said:
This from 1-26 on onlygators.com.

Still missing: wide receivers coach

As was mentioned one week ago in this space, new Florida Gators head coach Jim McElwain has been in no rush to fill the last position on his initial coaching staff with Florida still looking for its wide receivers coach 21 days (as of press time) after every other member of the staff was officially announced.
Nevertheless, a source close to the program reaffirmed to OnlyGators.com on Sunday that there is indeed a high level of interest in the position with at least two former Gators players, and one former Florida assistant coach, in the pool of candidates for the job. There are also a couple NFL assistants hoping to get the gig. McElwain has a few front-runners in the aforementioned grouping and will continue interviews this week between recruiting visits and phone calls.

Whether a wide receivers coach is hired in the nine days before National Signing Day (Wednesday, Feb. 4) ultimately remains to be seen, though there is a growing expectation that one could be hired before the week is out.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/01/26/2015...#ixzz3QDHGFx5T
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

….. the weak is out & it's us !

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n161848 said:

No, KC, we must fret and complain endlessly until we have our WR coach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator