UF pilfers FAU to hire Kerry Dixon II as WR coach

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
williston_gator;n175876 said:
He apparently coached qb AND wr when he was the OC at that div II school. So there's that.

well then, it's on!

probably a few reasons he got in as opposed to someone flashier, and now, like the CeCe saga we're caught in endless spitballing trying to critique the move, but Mac has demonstrated pretty good touch at the helm so far imo so my glass will stay half full until i see the WRs unable to improve on last year's results or, God forbid, doing even worse.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine as in most of these type of things, Mac probably had a short list of 4-6 candidates. We'll never know where Dixon was on that list, but now that it's done, let's see some coaching (improvement as a talent and team mantra). It's been real lean the last half decade. It's disheartening seeing no growth, regressing instead of peaking and void of any attack scheme. Go Gators!!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n175846 said:
There is no way around this is a trash hire, a trash hire that we waited months to do because we couldn't get anyone better.

Trash hire? That's harsh bro.

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n175503 said:
Remains to be seen. This guy was hired to coach WRs by title for the most part. Coach Mac can handle the coaching in conjunction with Dixon. Dixon was hired to partition out south Florida to our coaching staff. Shannon is taking Miami. Rumph is taking West Palm and Dixon is taking Ft. Lauderdale. Mac wants to lock down south Florida with a presence UF has never had before. You have to understand something about our staff. We may have an offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator who in theory would be the second and third ranked members of our coaching staff, but Shannon is the second in command. This guy was hired because Shannon wants him recruiting in south Florida. With Miami on life support, we are going in for the kill to barricade south Florida. That is what this hire is for. It's not for his WR coaching expertise.
I hope this is the case and that it works!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
According to Ox, this hire is a 12.75.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im just glad that law is smarter and has more experience and insight than our HC does. I just dont understand why the hell didnt law get the HC job? I mean, even if he didnt apply for it I think everyone knows he is an expert and should be running the show. Man are we ever screwed with this new staff that doesnt know its ass from a hole in the ground.....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TLB;n175953 said:
Foley wouldn't pay law's salary demands (doubt he had a buyout)

Why not? Its more important to have such an expert than to have an IPF....

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt there will be a problem. Mac coached WR from '87 to '05 to one degree or another. The coach is hired and that's good. It was getting to be a diminishing return kinda thing.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
gatormandan;n175933 said:
Im just glad that law is smarter and has more experience and insight than our HC does. I just dont understand why the hell didnt law get the HC job? I mean, even if he didnt apply for it I think everyone knows he is an expert and should be running the show. Man are we ever screwed with this new staff that doesnt know its ass from a hole in the ground.....

:popcorn:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There was a poster earlier that hit the nail on the head when he said that UF's WR position seems like Hogwart's professor for Defense Against the Dark Arts.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

If Law was HC.. then he would actually be accountable for his actions and couldn't just type a bunch of negative crap on a computer because he is so miserable being a Gator.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's be honest, if one of our rivals hired the guy we did to coach WRs, there wouldn't be a single person here worried about the hire. I'm pretty sure that's the point law is making in his ever so abrasive way. I'm still of the opinion that Coach Mac will be handling the WRs, so why not bring in another guy who can recruit south Florida?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When was the last time we cared this much about who our WR coach is?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n175953 said:

Just think of all the money Foley could have saved if he hired one of the posters here instead of Muschamp. Heck we probably would have done better if the poster just left it to the assistants to run things.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
pilfer - steal (typically things of relatively little value).

Ox, started it with the negative undertones.

Dec 10, 2014
TLB;n175953 said:

That's not how it would have gone down. Foley would have asked for references and Law would have handed Foley a batch of crickets

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n176064 said:
That's not how it would have gone down. Foley would have asked for references and Law would have handed Foley a batch of crickets

More like a bag of hopelessness and negative Nancys phone number along with a picture of a man falling off a cliff.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law removed himself from consideration when Foley had the temerity to ask him for a resume. Law sent him the url to gatorchatter.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator