UF to receive SEC East championship rings

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which is pretty much what every team not named Clemson received this year.
Yeah, I think some teams won championships this year.

Look at that! A championship actually acknowledge by the SEC. See, the SEC Commissioner is handing it out.

usatsi_8255043.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you Johnny Rutledge for speaking the truth. I never thought UF or any of its fans would be ecstatic to live in the nicest house of the SH!TT!EST neighborhood or be the cleanest shirt in the dirty laundry. This is one of the many reasons we are a million miles away from being an elite program!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This dummazz donkey probably thinks he's doing a great job, which is the sad part.

Of course, so did fvkktard Fooley's last pick.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, I think some teams won championships this year.

Look at that! A championship actually acknowledge by the SEC. See, the SEC Commissioner is handing it out.

usatsi_8255043.jpg

But everyone in that picture would also say they fell short of their true goal. I'm not advocating making a big deal of wing the East. But they've always made rings for bowl games. So simply adding in that the team won their division is not a big deal,
imo.

I respect Rutledge's views. But we're not the UF of his day. We can be pissed about that, place blame at the feet of higher ups, put staff member on the hotseat, etc. I think I'm fairly vocal in that regard. But again, to the players that come here, are we supposed to give them no recognition for the little things they did do well?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you get destroyed by Tinerc and back into the championship game, only to get the worst azz whipping in the history of the SECCG... sure give yourself a participation trophy.

It's sure easier than firing the OC and building an offense.

Just pass out participation trophies.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
mac trying to save his job, he will throw that we were east champs two years in row, just needs to build better relationships in the state to get the elite recruits

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When you get destroyed by Tinerc and back into the championship game, only to get the worst azz whipping in the history of the SECCG... sure give yourself a participation trophy.

It's sure easier than firing the OC and building an offense.

Just pass out participation trophies.

Or you can do both. Again, they're getting rings regardless. None of this has any bearing on the glaring issues we have.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What a joke. An extension of this participation trophy mess you see now. You either win the conference or you don't in college football.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
This is just sad.

Not only are we putting SEC east titles on the wall (along with 2 we didn't win) we are not giving out rings for this.

We're pretty much a directional school.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
recognition for the little things they did do well?

Exactly...the LITTLE things they do well. Everyone would be making fun of UGA or UT or any other school that did this. They voted no last year but changed their minds this year?

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Look it I've got 0 problem with this. One of the secrets to contentment to and true happiness in life is to celebrate accomplishments as they arrive. There are no astrics attached to winning the east stating that it was a down year in the division. And seeing as how we haven't done that since Tebow left, I see the merit in celebrating the smaller accomplishments on the road to the bigger goal of being back on top of the mountain. The truth is that the PLAYERS sweat, blood, and tears earned them the right to be able to enjoy where they are now while knowing that this isn't where they want to be in the future. You can have contentment without complacency and I believe that's all this is. Plus I got a free bloomin onion out of the deal so I can't complain :bananadance2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.