UF to receive SEC East championship rings

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's just another example of the bar being lowered at UF. I guess the bowl rings are what is always done, but any mention of winning the SEC East should have been left off the ring.

Either way these stupid rings, which are just going to be thrown in a drawer until the end of time, are nothing but a huge waste of money. That money would be better spent paying off a big 5-star recruit to actually sign here.

This isn't the kind of ring a player goes around flashing at parties when he's middle aged. It's embarrassing, frankly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just voted myself Gatorchatter Champion and Im buying a ring. Its a down year on GC and most of you suck, but it will make me feel better about myself.

I dont think the rings will fix it. Im to the point that I question on a daily basis why I havent turned this shyt off until they fire Butters and Co and actually try to compete. Why I watch the insanity of repeating the wrong hire for the 7th year.

Its hard to do. Ive done it in other sports with other teams but once the switch is flipped it never really comes back.

I know so many have already done so. We are the last few of the fanatics.

Empty the seats and occasional division "champs" rings.

Last edited:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
This not an example of the bar being lowered, its an example of our society trying to please everyone. Look, I get that the players work hard and sacrifice yada yada yada. Great they should, they signed on for this! As a HS baseball coach I constantly preach at kids to play hard and don't be soft. Keep grinding no matter what is happened before.

This is an example of the outside trying to please or make the team 'feel good." Thats a load of crap. Prime example is I coach my son's 9U baseball team and when we won a tournament in the silver division they got rings. Seriously, rings for the silver division! Needless to say I told the tournament director to keep them. Well this pissed a few parents off and I didn't care. I told them that they signed their kid up to play and learn how to win. We weren't here for 5th place because there were 4 teams in the gold that finished in front of us. Call me an a$$ but I don't promote awards for less than 1st in the Gold division and especially not in the tin foil division.
GO GATORS!!!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Every bowl gives rings to the winners. Always have. I've got no problem with that.

What I have a problem with is the big hole in the side of that ship everyone is standing on.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What self respecting player would wear this thing? It's like guys you saw in college wearing their HS graduation ring.

Why invite ridicule when someone asks you, "Hey man, what'd you get that ring for? Is that a championship ring? Cool! Lemme' see it.............oh."

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why that tweet's not posting. Here's a screenshot.

FA989B53-61F4-4A2B-BBE2-B0824B938EB3_zpseotx9eth.png
Rutledge is being a little harsh - T-Shirts would be okay, IMO. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at past rings...having the SEC East champs embossed on the top is more like the SEC champions rings. Past Outback bowl rings had the team logo on the top without any verbiage. This is pretty much like being a Life Champion. Rutledge hit the nail on the head.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Exactly...the LITTLE things they do well. Everyone would be making fun of UGA or UT or any other school that did this. They voted no last year but changed their minds this year?

I'd absolutely make fun of UGA or UT or any other school for this. I don't feel SEC-E rings are warranted, and I'd hate to belittle my bowl ring with an also-ran note about my conference game.

I am curious, however, of how much was actually a 'vote' by the players. I could see last year's team saying 'no' after the 3 game skid. I can also see the kids this year wanting something to note a turnaround - the start of more winning, the reward of doing better (despite how NOT GOOD ENOUGH the fans may think the program is doing). But, I could also see this as a coaching ploy - last year you kids screwed off and didn't earn anything. This year, you grew up a bit and earned a little something. See how much better 'giving effort and winning' is than last year? Now, go out next year and win something even better.

Still stupid.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If they are doing this, might as well make it back-to-back participation rings

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics