UGA Spring Game / Emmitt in full Georgia gear

Does Emmitt Smith's photo of him wearing UGA gear tarnish how you see him?

• Yes

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 44.9%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I questioned the intent and functionality of the spring game last Saturday and was told that it was all good because it's just a practice at the stadium.....which btw is known as SOS Field :facepalm:.....and it's OK because all the old greats were being welcomed back....My problem is the same as it was after NSD when I simply commented that 18th is not really setting the world on fire in recruiting at UF to which I was told I didn't know what I was talking about and that it didn't matter that 4 other programs with new coaches finished better even though they were at lessor schools for recruiting that UF.....Then I heard that we were waiting till next year to get all the good guys:lmao:.....

It just never stops sometimes.....We counted :deadnanner:fake TD'S and celebrity TD's because it was points that make the fans happy and Duck, Duck, Goose is important to show recruits UF is a fun place to play......:headslap:When does the excuse making stop?
Wow, I just don't where to begin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I questioned the intent and functionality of the spring game last Saturday and was told that it was all good because it's just a practice at the stadium.....which btw is known as SOS Field :facepalm:.....and it's OK because all the old greats were being welcomed back....My problem is the same as it was after NSD when I simply commented that 18th is not really setting the world on fire in recruiting at UF to which I was told I didn't know what I was talking about and that it didn't matter that 4 other programs with new coaches finished better even though they were at lessor schools for recruiting that UF.....Then I heard that we were waiting till next year to get all the good guys:lmao:.....

It just never stops sometimes.....We counted :deadnanner:fake TD'S and celebrity TD's because it was points that make the fans happy and Duck, Duck, Goose is important to show recruits UF is a fun place to play......:headslap:When does the excuse making stop?
So if we all say that we suck, we’re doomed, Mullen is terrible etc. you will be satisfied? Please tell us what it takes because you have been making even T REX seem like a delight in comparison.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So if we all say that we suck, we’re doomed, Mullen is terrible etc. you will be satisfied? Please tell us what it takes because you have been making even T REX seem like a delight in comparison.
No, just don't bash me when I post something that is probably based more on reality than fantasy. I don't hate Mullen, UF , SOS or Emmitt, or any of the players but there are issues....No harm in discussing them right?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Boy it always some excuse isn't it....BTW put that damned LMAO2 emote back up there....I'm not done with it....
Excuse for what? For deciding maybe we should wait for the opening snap before putting a broad brush stroke across the 2018 season?

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
There's simply no way to gloss this over. You can't justify it for recruitment. Father and son are sellers, not buyers. Georgia made an offer and so did Florida. Does this mean they flip on the Gator gear today?

And what about Arkansas and Boston College? Don't they deserve some free pub?

Gag me with a ski pole.

In terms of optics, this pic couldn't be any worse. Emmitt has made a decision he'll regret the rest of his life.

Emmitt does not care. He will regret nothing. Lets not be naive. He is so much more than a Gator. I respect him and think he has been one of the bests ever at all levels. When it comes to our kids great men do all kinds of things. Go Gators!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I watched on tv so I'm not even positive that any of them weren't there.....Had I been a figurehead or icon of the program I probably would have liked to be there IF the new coach invited me....
So now we're supposed to believe Mullen intentionally snubbed SOS, Tebow, Danny, Emmitt and the makers of Gatorade.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt does not care. He will regret nothing. Lets not be naive. He is so much more than a Gator. I respect him and think he has been one of the bests ever at all levels. When it comes to our kids great men do all kinds of things. Go Gators!
Obviously not. I think that was the whole theme of the discussion.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So now we're supposed to believe Mullen intentionally snubbed SOS, Tebow, Danny, Emmitt and the makers of Gatorade.
:dunno: I don't know.....You and a few others told me we were bringing back all the old great Gators....Maybe they snubbed Mullen or were too busy going to other spring games which weren't on the same weekend?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
After reading this entire thread, my head hurts. When will you guys learn not to argue with a guy named CONCRETE HELMET?!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The world is flat.

No it's not, Crete. It's round.

You all told me it was flat.

Why is it if you fly far enough to the west you end up in the East?

Because the East sucks this year.

Oh, okay.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I watched on tv so I'm not even positive that any of them weren't there.....Had I been a figurehead or icon of the program I probably would have liked to be there IF the new coach invited me....

So you were too busy to go ? Had other commitments? Didn’t feel like it ? Upset FatBert is unemployed?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know what’s the big deal about Emmitt wearing a Green Bay hat.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know what’s the big deal about Emmitt wearing a Green Bay hat.
Dem's fighting words. I'm in the uneviable position of having to hate both teams.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hey Crete, did someone tell you we are getting all the good guys next year? Cause you haven't mentioned it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator