UPDATE: Hugh Freeze Resigns Because He Hired Prostitutes & 200+ Calls With Disassociated Booster

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Troll level infinitum... ox wins the internet today. :lol:
I was only partially joking. These ridiculous college coaching contracts have gotten out of hand, practically holding the school prisoner to them. We kept Muschamp at least one more year than he deserved almost exclusively because of his absurd contract, which got extended every time he passed gas. Now we've already done it with Mac, extending his contract based on absolutely zero merit.

For those of us who don't think Mac is the answer, a situation like this is like a dream come true. He calls some hookers so you're instantly off the hook of that contract? No buyouts, nothing. Poof! Gone. It would be incredible, especially with Chip Kelly just sitting there waiting for Florida to call.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if there wasn't such a dearth of good coaches, ADs could write those kinds of contracts. Not a chance today. The sellers have all the leverage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe if there wasn't such a dearth of good coaches, ADs could write those kinds of contracts. Not a chance today. The sellers have all the leverage.
I would have never extended Mushdump or Butters. If they want to go to Oregon or whatever, more power to them. You should never extend a contract on the basis of HOPING they might be a good coach someday. Mush got a bonus for backing into a BCS game and Butters got one for winning the SEC once and backing into another one. They wrote the bonuses into their contracts.

You said it, they have all the power.

Frankly, I'd have a much lower base and more bonuses for winning games. If you lose 4-6 games a year, you wouldn't make much. However, I'd probably have much bigger bonuses for winning championships. The right people would be attracted to that.

I'd probably also never deal with the agent that represents most of the coaches (including Mushdump and Butters).

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I would have never extended Mushdump or Butters. If they want to go to Oregon or whatever, more power to them. You should never extend a contract on the basis of HOPING they might be a good coach someday. Mush got a bonus for backing into a BCS game and Butters got one for winning the SEC once and backing into another one. They wrote the bonuses into their contracts.

You can't "back in" to a division title by 2 games. The East was on the line in BR, a game/date/location that did us no favors, and the team went out and won it. Had it been solely because of the vols' loss to VU, then you could call it backing in. As it is, no. Try telling Spurrier his '92 team backed in to Atlanta. Or that the '90 team didn't deserve to be honored in the stadium for finishing with a better record than ut, because of losing head to head.

That aside, I agree that his contract shouldn't have been extended based on the body of work to date.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why can't something like this happen to us? To be able to get out of that albatross of a contract instantly? It's like the wonderfulness of totaling a car you are super upside-down in. Gotta envy Ole Miss today.

It almost did. If we'd just been able to prove that Mac fukked that shark instead of just jumping it, (which he did with his third straight crappy recruiting class and second straight blow out loss to FSU), we'd be free and clear of his contract right now.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
093d99f14318a2d27107076ae2107d67.jpg

Oops :lol:

This has since been deleted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can't "back in" to a division title
Any team that gives up 38-0 in the second half vs Bytch Jones and gets destroyed and humiliated by Arky, ARKANFVKKINSAS, backed into the championship game....only to get destroyed and humiliated again.

We were as worthy of the SECCG as Mizzu was after they lost to a MAC team.

There is good reason that there is a push for the championship game to be the two highest ranked SEC teams.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Any team that gives up 38-0 in the second half vs Bytch Jones and gets destroyed and humiliated by Arky, ARKANFVKKINSAS, backed into the championship game....only to get destroyed and humiliated again.

We were as worthy of the SECCG as Mizzu was after they lost to a MAC team.

There is good reason that there is a push for the championship game to be the two highest ranked SEC teams.

Backing in means you needed all kinds of luck to get where you were. That works when it's a one game difference or technicality. The division was essentially decided with our win over Usce, and was a 2 game difference. We can talk on and on about the condition of the East, rip Mac for the second half against ut or the overall gameplan for Ark, etc. But again, you don't win your division by 2 games and call it backing in, especially with the circumstances surrounding the Lsu game.

And just for a refresher, we were pounded 30-6 by Miss State in 1992, a week after losing by 17 to the vols, which was still better than the 45-3 beating we received the last visit to Neyland in '90. In both years, Spurrier had no problem acknowledging his teams' respective accomplishments, even to the point of celebrating a "best in the SEC" title despite no recognition from anyone else.

There's little doubt he'd have some serious frustration about the past two season, particularly on offense. But there's even less doubt that he'd reject any notion that those teams didn't deserve some measure of credit.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond told ESPN.com a teammate of Bond's at Mississippi State in the early 1980s contacted him soon after Newton's official visit to Mississippi State during the Ole Miss game in December, and said he was representing Newton.

I highlighted the violation part for you. Here is more.

"Sources told ESPN.com the former teammate is Kenny Rogers, who played at Mississippi State from 1982 to '85. Rogers operates a Chicago-based company called Elite Football Preparation, which holds camps in Chicago, Alabama and Mississippi. A Lexis search for that business lists Kenneth Rogers as the contact and his title as "agent." A Birmingham News story from 2008 said Elite Football Preparation "matches high school athletes with college programs."

"Bond said the former teammate told him other schools had already offered $200,000, but since Newton really liked Mississippi State and had a relationship with head coach Dan Mullen dating to when both were at Florida, Mississippi State could get him for $180,000.

Let me ask you, do you think if Byrne didn't try to pay players that he would have ended up at Trailerbammer? If Trailerbammer believed that he was above it, do you think they would even consider him? Rich Rod Bowden & Co at Zona for that matter?

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Former Mississippi State quarterback John Bond told ESPN.com a teammate of Bond's at Mississippi State in the early 1980s contacted him soon after Newton's official visit to Mississippi State during the Ole Miss game in December, and said he was representing Newton.

I highlighted the violation part for you. Here is more.

"Sources told ESPN.com the former teammate is Kenny Rogers, who played at Mississippi State from 1982 to '85. Rogers operates a Chicago-based company called Elite Football Preparation, which holds camps in Chicago, Alabama and Mississippi. A Lexis search for that business lists Kenneth Rogers as the contact and his title as "agent." A Birmingham News story from 2008 said Elite Football Preparation "matches high school athletes with college programs."

"Bond said the former teammate told him other schools had already offered $200,000, but since Newton really liked Mississippi State and had a relationship with head coach Dan Mullen dating to when both were at Florida, Mississippi State could get him for $180,000.

Let me ask you, do you think if Byrne didn't try to pay players that he would have ended up at Trailerbammer? If Trailerbammer believed that he was above it, do you think they would even consider him? Rich Rod Bowden & Co at Zona for that matter?
Not sure of your point, since no violation was found. Opinion is one thing, facts are another.

It's just fun to watch Ole Piss suffer after the arrogance they showed during their brief escape from the swirl of the drain at the bottom of the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure of your point, since no violation was found. Opinion is one thing, facts are another.

It's just fun to watch Ole Piss suffer after the arrogance they showed during their brief escape from the swirl of the drain at the bottom of the SEC.
No the facts are pretty much established. The other dude took the Fifth as I recall.

The application of the law to the facts are what didn't occur. NCAA was more concerned about trying to punish Auburn for beating Bammer than prosecuting the obvious case (of the two). That isn't to say that Auburn didn't cheat also, it just wasn't established by the facts.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No the facts are pretty much established. The other dude took the Fifth as I recall.

The application of the law to the facts are what didn't occur. NCAA was more concerned about trying to punish Auburn for beating Bammer than prosecuting the obvious case (of the two). That isn't to say that Auburn didn't cheat also, it just wasn't established by the facts.
Look, I get your point.

You need to get the other point, which is there was no violation. If I'm wrong, please point to the specific ruling/finding by the NCAA that states it. If you speed, but no cop pulls you over, did you get a ticket for a speeding violation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator