UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
... Cannot believe an HC would "dump" on the QB-horse he has in the corral, relative to one running free that hasn't chosen our field. That is the opposite of "building" a young inexperienced QB -- unless Mac's had a sit-down with Franks such that Franks agrees that he could benefit from having a backup season to marinate more? Still, I don't believe Mac would announce that publicly.

Read Fields quotes about what the coaches have said to him...they have everything but a QB.

I assume that it is true. I am starting to doubt that FRanks or Trask ever start here.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Don't go stealing my thunder for my new username once Malik comes here :lol:

#MalikMyBallsJay26
actually... i think you have just come up with the perfect sig for our bet. I hadn't given you one b/c I was just waiting for one to jump out and say, "here I am!"

Well... here it is Jay. Update your sig to #MalikMyBallsJay26
I couldn't come up with anything more appropo! :lmao2:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
actually... i think you have just come up with the perfect sig for our bet. I hadn't given you one b/c I was just waiting for one to jump out and say, "here I am!"

Well... here it is Jay. Update your sig to #MalikMyBallsJay26
I couldn't come up with anything more appropo! :lmao2:

Lol will do. To be honest, I can't even remember what our bet was :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You bet that nuss, nord and summers would all be fired by spring practice. I said none of them would be fired. We agreed to some specifics about other circumstances such as leaving the program for another job - specifically leaving for a position that would be considered a demotion would be considered fired but lateral or better position would not. Unfortunatley you lost biggly :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You bet that nuss, nord and summers would all be fired by spring practice. I said none of them would be fired. We agreed to some specifics about other circumstances such as leaving the program for another job - specifically leaving for a position that would be considered a demotion would be considered fired but lateral or better position would not. Unfortunatley you lost biggly :lol:

Unfortunately for all of GatorNation :weep:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We ALL lost biggly. So we get the 2222 and crew all year blaming Nusschump for this year's offensive failures then finally the inevitably firing of the Second Chump, then them telling us it will be fine because Shark Humper will call the plays next year or we are hiring this or that OC, wait til next year with a coach on a flaming hotseat.

Three more years of shyt sandwich, at least.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We ALL lost biggly. So we get the 2222 and crew all year blaming Nusschump for this year's offensive failures then finally the inevitably firing of the Second Chump, then them telling us it will be fine because Shark Humper will call the plays next year or we are hiring this or that OC, wait til next year with a coach on a flaming hotseat.

Three more years of shyt sandwich, at least.

This. I guarantee this year will be blamed all on Nuss. I hope Mac says it's both or none.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Read Fields quotes about what the coaches have said to him...they have everything but a QB.

I assume that it is true. I am starting to doubt that FRanks or Trask ever start here.

So you believe that coaches tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I sure don't think that they are totally honest either. After all we know of some gaps (or potential gaps) on defense at more than one position.

I don't believe we have everything except a QB to be a highly successful football team either.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
So you believe that coaches tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I sure don't think that they are totally honest either. After all we know of some gaps (or potential gaps) on defense at more than one position.

I don't believe we have everything except a QB to be a highly successful football team either.

There's definitely coach speak going on. Not sure why some don't pick up on it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

The quote below is pretty damning to me. I'm not sure I would be advertising it like that or I would tell Mr Fields that our convo should not be repeated.

“They say they can [accomplish] big things with me and compete for a national championship,” Fields said. “They’re mainly saying that they’re just missing a quarterback. They have all the pieces to the puzzle. That’s their main message.”

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The quote below is pretty damning to me. I'm not sure I would be advertising it like that or I would tell Mr Fields that our convo should not be repeated.

Coaches tell players all the time what they think will motivate them to do as the coach desires, the truth even if they actually knew it means nothing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches tell players all the time what they think will motivate them to do as the coach desires, the truth even if they actually knew it means nothing.

I guess. I'm wrong a lot...lol. I just don't remember quotes like that from our staff recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.