UPDATED: Post-to-Like Ratio: Where do you stand?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For the 8th time, and you've been around to read this same response, 99.9% of NCAA basketball lines don't come out till the day of the game. There's too many games, even for Vegas to do it and it's their full-time job.

I put up events for the Duke game, the 1st Kentucky game and the 1st Vandy game. We lost all 3. I said I would stop putting the jinx on us. Clearly you quit checking if you only remember 1.

I used NFL as a means for determining effort and interest. There was only about 2 people who bothered to place wagers. Hell, there's no interest in even the Basketball game threads until the game is either won or lost and then is pissing and moaning and OWNING and DESTROYING.

Now that we are into Tourney mode, lines will come out a little quicker and I can put them up. If you remember, a lot of my Events for football came out over night because I could work on it late at night. When BBall lines don't come out till the morning of the game, I have a real job (unlike some on here :whistle:) that needs my attention.

Stop bytching and make our wagers.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
This thread was one of the things that got me thinking about posting here. As a person who tends to post contrarian views, my views are largely disliked. I never came here to be liked. But at the same time, if I am one of the least popular posters on here, and i walk away angry after posting, what in the hell have I accomplished.

One thing I do like about "liking" is it is a way to acknowledge another's post without having to reply. But overall, it has a facebook feel to it, and i absolutely despise facebook, where some posters really seem to work to gather in the likes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This thread was one of the things that got me thinking about posting here. As a person who tends to post contrarian views, my views are largely disliked. I never came here to be liked. But at the same time, if I am one of the least popular posters on here, and i walk away angry after posting, what in the hell have I accomplished.

One thing I do like about "liking" is it is a way to acknowledge another's post without having to reply. But overall, it has a facebook feel to it, and i absolutely despise facebook, where some posters really seem to work to gather in the likes.

Don't worry about that. This thread is meant more to pump up new posters. Nobody has more dislikes than Law and he doesn't give two shyts.

90% of my dislikes or probably given to me by Eurogator.

PF mainstays not named Alex tend to not do well in the Likes department. Ask Urg.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I'm probably not going to give a "like" to one of your posts that I strongly disagree with, but despite disagreeing with you often, you are certainly one of my favorite posters.

Alex.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Don't worry about that. This thread is meant more to pump up new posters. Nobody has more dislikes than Law and he doesn't give two shyts.

90% of my dislikes or probably given to me by Eurogator.

PF mainstays not named Alex tend to not do well in the Likes department. Ask Urg.

I know dislikes don't mean anything, I was referring to likes. I think giving dislikes is pretty immature, unless it is an obviously over the line or personal comment, then they serve a purpose (and yes, I've dished out 100 or so dislikes to Law in retaliation :lol: )

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I'm probably not going to give a "like" to one of your posts that I strongly disagree with, but despite disagreeing with you often, you are certainly one of my favorite posters.

Alex.

I appreciate that and you have always been supportive.

During my absence I'd check back here at least a couple of times a week. I can only recall one or two times where there was a discussion that I really would have liked to have participated in - in the PF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know dislikes don't mean anything, I was referring to likes. I think giving dislikes is pretty immature, unless it is an obviously over the line or personal comment, then they serve a purpose (and yes, I've dished out 100 or so dislikes to Law in retaliation :lol: )
I would have giving you a dislike but youve been gone a while and Ive giving you new poster treatment for a while.

I still think Im severely underrated in dislikes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would have giving you a dislike but youve been gone a while and Ive giving you new poster treatment for a while.

I still think Im severely underrated in dislikes.

... and you severely dislike being underrated.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
When I saw all of my dislikes I thought about jumping off a bridge (but then I realized how jubilant rex would be). It has so much impact on my life. I can hardly sleep.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
80a4aa75b2fdf1097cdb20bffb0d796e.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I should make it so the dislikes take away a like from your total. THEN we'd see some fur fly! :catfight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.