Updated: Suspended Players Update #1003

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys really hoping this is all true, just so we can fire Mac? If all the "rumors" are true, like some of you are hoping, forget about recruiting, they'll all be gone. Forget about a big time replacement, they don't need the headache. And really if it's as big as "rumored", then it's hit other sports. If it's nearly half the football team, then there is no line of thought that wouldn't make you believe it's isolated to football.

Ano there are people openly hoping for the rumors to be true so we can fire Mac.

I don't know if there is more to come. Right now three kids are going to face felony charges. One article has stated that restitution has been made. So as of right now, I view only 3 guys facing felonies as a positive. I'm not hoping for the rumors to be true. I want this to end quickly, and I want to give the kids who kept their noses clean to get out from under this.

If the rumors are true, it will come out soon enough and we'll be able to bellyache then, but there's way too much noise for what we know.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NCAA has been waiting since 1990 to nail us. Get ready for a hard ass ripping.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys really hoping this is all true, just so we can fire Mac?
Hope? Dude, no one is hoping anything. This is Realityville. Where I live. It is just a matter if fnishing the paperwork and interviews.

Hope was hoping that we had an offense this year despite returning the same faces and hoping there were no charges coming. That was hope.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hope? Dude, no one is hoping anything. This is Realityville. Where I live. It is just a matter if fnishing the paperwork and interviews.

Hope was hoping that we had an offense this year despite returning the same faces and hoping there were no charges coming. That was hope.
So you are going on record saying there will be 36 players caught up in this? You are vouching for this information and the people who have provided it to you? You are saying that there will be many more than 3 people charged with felonies?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys really hoping this is all true, just so we can fire Mac? If all the "rumors" are true, like some of you are hoping, forget about recruiting, they'll all be gone. Forget about a big time replacement, they don't need the headache. And really if it's as big as "rumored", then it's hit other sports. If it's nearly half the football team, then there is no line of thought that wouldn't make you believe it's isolated to football.

Ano there are people openly hoping for the rumors to be true so we can fire Mac.

I don't know if there is more to come. Right now three kids are going to face felony charges. One article has stated that restitution has been made. So as of right now, I view only 3 guys facing felonies as a positive. I'm not hoping for the rumors to be true. I want this to end quickly, and I want to give the kids who kept their noses clean to get out from under this.

If the rumors are true, it will come out soon enough and we'll be able to bellyache then, but there's way too much noise for what we know.

There is no cause to fire Mac for something he wasn't aware of (I wish there was). Two or three will probably be kicked off the team for felonies and the rest will just face misdemeanors most likely if they decide to prosecute them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no cause to fire Mac for something he wasn't aware of (I wish there was). Two or three will probably be kicked off the team for felonies and the rest will just face misdemeanors most likely if they decide to prosecute them.
Well that's what I'm getting at. If Mac knew this was going on, you fire him in a heartbeat, but I don't get the feeling that this has been a long running scam, or that Mac knew. If I'm wrong can his ass on the spot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So you are going on record saying there will be 36 players caught up in this? You are vouching for this information and the people who have provided it to you? You are saying that there will be many more than 3 people charged with felonies?
I dont think I said any of that. Ive said multiple times that I dont know the number. I doubt anyone does. The investigation just started.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well that's what I'm getting at. If Mac knew this was going on, you fire him in a heartbeat, but I don't get the feeling that this has been a long running scam, or that Mac knew. If I'm wrong can his ass on the spot.

I doubt he knew. Im sure he tried to hide it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You'd think that I'd know. But I actually started using Safari a couple years back. It works better IMO
I moved from Safari to Chrome a while back. It's 1000x better and faster.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If This truly involves, say, three dozen players getting 5 to $10,000 extra per semester over at least two years we probably aren't looking at just a one-year Bowl ban.

the rumors are that it's pretty much all the south Florida kids.
This is where I got the 36 players.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This seems to be a lot of rumors, when and if the actual truth comes out it will be time to get excited.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a spectrum on how this could go:

Just an embarrassing situation -----------------blessing in disguise-----------------worst thing to happen to UF football

Embarrassing situation is that we kick a few players off the team, but not much more happens. Blessing in disguise is that we lose a few players and get to fire Mac without paying him a buyout, while the NCAA is overall OK with how UF handled this, including minor self-imposed sanctions. Obviously worst thing to happen to UF football are crazy NCAA sanctions, but I don't think they would be as bad as what will probably happen to Ole Miss soon. I also think that the worst thing to happen to UF football is the most unlikely outcome, but crazier things have happened. Like others, I'm hoping for a blessing in disguise.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Given this is Gainesville I won't be surprised to see attempted murder charges sprinkled in with the other felonies they throw at these boys.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe this is the guy that broke the news.

@TreyW_Radio: Antonio Callaway will never suit up again for the #Gators in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator