Urban Meyer interview

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
and stadium steps... don't forget the stadium steps... he'll kick your ass on both!

They're both talkers. Dan is a wide eyed clown talker, but Urbs is that bitch talker who does it when he's got 8 buddies with him or is in a position of unassailable power... like the whole practice field incident with the reporter.

I hate guys like that... they're the kind you drill after "I'll kick your..." leaves their bitch lips.

Everyone callin' Billy a snake oil salesman... well, maybe so, but I think he believes it and has only pulled it off once so far in his career (with us). You guys are swallowing Urbs load for the 3rd or 4th time now... I can't keep up.

But sure, hire him tomorrow, why not.

You know damn well it makes all the difference in recruiting. If a player believes we have a winner and a fighter they sign here (05-10).
If they think we have a dud or a loser they dont. See every class since Urban left. Guys don't want to sign up to play for a pussy or a loser.
Young men need and want to be led by leaders of men.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You know damn well it makes all the difference in recruiting. If a player believes we have a winner and a fighter they sign here (05-10).
If they think we have a dud or a loser they dont. See every class since Urban left. Guys don't want to sign up to play for a pussy or a loser.
Young men need and want to be led by leaders of men.
Yawn. We had a neanderthal, screaming, whiteboard-shattering coach in Will Muschamp. Look where it got us.

The name of the game is winning, of course. If a coach wins, nobody GAF what his personality is like, including you. I can name you a bunch of winning coaches, college and pro, who look like they could have starred in "Revenge of the Nerds".

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A wiser Billy would hire an OC and put his personal focus on special teams. He could still have 2 OL coaches if, like under Meyer, one coached the edges - the OTs and the TEs. He’d bring Greg Matteson or Bob Stoops in to consult with Armstrong. He’d pull a retired successful HC like Meyer and/or SOS in to review his own performance in all phases.

If I was Billy and I'm no Billy, I at least shave every morning and I own Gator parphanelia. I would have weekly meetings with Spurrier picking his brain and learning everything he knows. Only an idiot would scoff at that opportunity.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If I was Billy and I'm no Billy, I at least shave every morning and I own Gator parphanelia. I would have weekly meetings with Spurrier picking his brain and learning everything he knows. Only an idiot would scoff at that opportunity.
What makes you think Spurrier is interested in constantly meeting with new Gator coaches?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else think Billy could absolutely kick @Gatorbait25's ass?
I actually don't believe Billy is soft. We're seeing a deflated Billy. If things bounce his way I know for certain he has fire. He's just drowning right now.

I'd love Billy to kick butt and take names, he has the chops to do it, he's just way over his ski's right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If I was Billy and I'm no Billy, I at least shave every morning and I own Gator parphanelia.
To add on to my earlier point, if a coach is winning, no one GAF what they look like or what they wear, including you.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What makes you think Spurrier is interested in constantly meeting with new Gator coaches?
Fair point, but he does offer his two cents quite a bit though (see his opinion on the walk in QB). I'd think he's interested

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yawn. We had a neanderthal, screaming, whiteboard-shattering coach in Will Muschamp. Look where it got us.

The name of the game is winning, of course. If a coach wins, nobody GAF what his personality is like, including you. I can name you a bunch of winning coaches, college and pro, who look like they could have starred in "Revenge of the Nerds".
Muschamp was a loser. I hated the SOB from day one. Just because one has testicles it does not make one a winner.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Found it!

TebowSnuggie-1.jpg

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
And we did give him a chance. You were successful beyond your wildest dreams. No one was wanting him fired after Year 1 (despite some troublesome signs); and we didn't exactly start calling for his head until the back-end of this season when the coaching mistakes started adding up.

As for Meyer: I think the fans would accept him, even if the UF Admins might grumble.
Incorrect. I wanted him fired after the year 1 Vandy loss. I didn't need another game to know that Karl was not the man.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I would have weekly meetings with Spurrier picking his brain and learning everything he knows. Only an idiot would scoff at that opportunity.
Comes across as a humble guy. There is talk about preparation and detail. But none of that shows up on game day(prep and detail) so maybe he's FOC. Might be FOC and not actually be aware of it. In a heartbeat, I would have asked Spurrier to proof read my playbook and sanity check my thinking and my route design. It's not like SOS lives in Germany, but even if he did, there is technology that allows the transfer of information, even remote meetings. I know, it's fuchen crazy. Suggests he's too proud and trying to prove he can do it his way, regardless of the evidence otherwise.

How many times did we see the three WR triangle where one goes directly to or curls back to the FDM and two defenders beat him to the spot? I mean, it couldn't be easier to defend. Do we all hope Napier is successful? Yeah, but he's just not a very good schemer. I don't know if it's better for the program that he be moderately successful next season so that we do not have to go through another overhaul, of it it's best for the program that he fail so the AA is forced to move on.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:deadhorse:

How many ways can you say the same thing?

How many times do you have to repeat yourself?

We must be caught in a Temporal Loop.

What I agree with in this thread:
1. All ultra successful Coaches can be Prickish!
2. All Coaches are eventually fired or quit.
3. UF has been "lost" for more than a decade.
4. UF Admin have a awful track record of hiring Head Coaches
5. From the 1st. day he was hired, the consensus was that Billy would be given 3/4 years.
6. UF Fan's have very little, if any, patience with Coaches.
7. Most Fan's and posters think they know more than they do.
8. Billy is stubborn and hard-headed to a fault.
9. Winning/Losing in sports is cyclic. We are losing now but we will win again.
10. Ox is right more often than not and it's good to have Law/Donkey back!

****** The whole Athletic Department needs a reset, reboot, fresh start!!!

Go Gators and Go Chatters!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
:deadhorse:

How many ways can you say the same thing?

How many times do you have to repeat yourself?

We must be caught in a Temporal Loop.

What I agree with in this thread:
1. All ultra successful Coaches can be Prickish!
2. All Coaches are eventually fired or quit.
3. UF has been "lost" for more than a decade.
4. UF Admin have a awful track record of hiring Head Coaches
5. From the 1st. day he was hired, the consensus was that Billy would be given 3/4 years.
6. UF Fan's have very little, if any, patience with Coaches.
7. Most Fan's and posters think they know more than they do.
8. Billy is stubborn and hard-headed to a fault.
9. Winning/Losing in sports is cyclic. We are losing now but we will win again.
10. Ox is right more often than not and it's good to have Law/Donkey back!

****** The whole Athletic Department needs a reset, reboot, fresh start!!!

Go Gators and Go Chatters!
You should start a thread about this to see if others agree with what you're agreeing with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.