Vol fans never learn

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Came across this article on yahoo and thought I'd share. http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2015/6/2...gators-in-2015

What's funny is a few years ago, reason 1 is why the Vols thought that they would win, reason 2 hasn't been a factor the last 5 years, and they say reason 3 every year. Author failed to mention that the game is in the Swamp and Butch Jones sucks as a coach.

Anyone here besides York thinks the streak will end?

Attachments

• conv_3540.jpg
    conv_3540.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 55

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I did but after some thought I just don't see it. I remember a few years ago when tyler bray and a couple of nfl receivers were lighting it up for em and we still blew em out.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WM went 4-0 against the vols. That stat right there tells you how much I am worried about the vols. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n239145 said:
WM went 4-0 against the vols. That stat right there tells you how much I am worried about the vols. :lol:

^This!

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
On Saturday, September 26th, 2015, the Vols will roll into BHG Stadium. When they do, they will know that they haven't beaten the Gators in 4,025 days.

Alex.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it will be a good game but I think we win at home.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jones lost to the worst coached UF teams in my lifetime and also to Derek Dooley. Hard to believe that he'll one day beat a well-coached UF team, especially in the Swamp.

Anyways, it's always fun to see the vols get their hopes up only to be crushed with disappointment.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
If The Swamp is as loud as Urban's debut against them in 2005, then the noise alone will beat them. Btw, was Alvie even born yet the last time they won?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
At some point the streak is going to end. That being said, this guy isn't very intelligent. Number 1 and 2 mean nothing. You couldn't beat Muschump. 3 is correct. However, I think Jones is the Vols version of Muschump. I think he can recruit but can't coach.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
On paper they should drag our ass but i cant see them beating us in the Swamp. That being said if Butch Jones can't beat us this year then he'll never beat us.

Dec 10, 2014
Marianna said:
On paper they should drag our ass but i cant see them beating us in the Swamp. That being said if Butch Jones can't beat us this year then he'll never beat us.

That's why this game is fascinating. If we win this year, then Jones shoots up to number one on the coaching hot seat before next season short of winning the east. If we win next season as well, he's gone.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Thanks for the link. I followed it thru to a few others on their site and came across this:

Tennesse vs Florida - Learning to Win

The last time Tennessee beat Florida Phillip Fulmer was on the sideline. So was Randy Sanders. There's a chance someone reading this doesn't know who Randy Sanders is.

There was no such thing as an iPhone, Twitter, or Rocky Top Talk. Urban Meyer was in Utah and his spread option would never work in the SEC, Will Muschamp was an assistant under Nick Saban in Baton Rouge, and Jim McElwain was coaching wide receivers and special teams at Michigan State.

It's a familiar feeling if you've been doing this for a while. Florida's five year run over the Vols from 1993-97 was unquestionably more painful because Tennessee was beating everyone else. Here's my favorite stat once more: between an October 1994 loss to Alabama and a November 1999 loss to Arkansas, Tennessee went 1-4 against Florida and 37-0 against the rest of the SEC.

But oh, those losses. In 1993 Florida jumped to a 21-0 lead before winning 41-34. In 1994 UT was shutout by the Gators (the last time that's happened to the Vols) 31-0. In 1996 Florida scored the game's first 35 points in a Neyland Stadium shocker. And in 1997 the Gators jumped to a 14-0 lead off a Peyton Manning pick six en route to a 33-20 victory. Only once in the five year losing streak did Tennessee even have the lead, and even that was somehow more painful: the Vols jumped Florida 30-14 late in the second quarter in Gainesville in 1995 before Florida exploded in the second half to win 62-37.

Plain and simple, the Vols have to learn how to win. That's true in a lot of ways for this team, but especially against Florida. There's good news for Tennessee in this series on paper with a coaching change in Gainesville, but that didn't stop Urban Meyer or Will Muschamp (or Ron Zook on his first try) in this rivalry.

Bolded the especially nice part to reflect back on.

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015
Marianna said:
What makes you think they are better than us on paper?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Didn't they lose their OC? The team will be pretty damn bad again, not worried at all

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n239177 said:
Jones lost to the worst coached UF teams in my lifetime and also to Derek Dooley. Hard to believe that HE WAS EVER HIRED.

FIFY.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Marianna said:
It's a thing called Recruiting.
Their talent is very young. On paper we should be better because our talent is more experienced than their comparable talent.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Ray Finkle;n239256 said:
Their talent is very young. On paper we should be better because our talent is more experienced than their comparable talent.
They have a Proven QB, 2 Proven RB's, and 2 or 3 playmakers at WR not to Mention 4 of the 5 Starters back on the O-line. With that being said I still think we find a way to drag that a$$ again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You don't have enough respect for the talent of their 5-11 coach. Not just anyone can lose that many SEC games.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:

On paper it does look like they are definitely better positioned for the season than we are but hopefully the Swamp and the coaching will get us another win over them. Glad its early in the season also so maybe the O line will still be holding up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.