Was not enough attention focused on securing a quarterback?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n170762 said:
Damn...Provancha graduated?

It's going to feel weird not seeing him on the sidelines with the clipboard this year.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n170161 said:
QB kid's name is Easton Bruele (sp?).
The main article on New Mexico about the top in the state QB was that recruiters just aren't used to good athletes coming
out of NM.?? The kid could easily be a Wuerfel, a K. Bell, etc. He has 49 TDs, only 3 (or 6)INTS, 4,500+ yds. On the film
the overall competition looked fierce. That author said New Mexico considers HS football same as Texas.

He's a humble kid, begging for an offer. He said he'd sign right there & then. He looks sturdy and runs with good speed
and pile-drives for short yardage. His Dad is his school's OL coach. He has a really quick release and a QB IQ.
jeebus, after all the kids named after a baseball bat. I think the bigger question is with the new sheriff in town, who do you think will earn the starting job?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n170092 said:
If you don't try to run your QB as your primary running back or constantly put him in third and long where the defense can tee off on your QB without fear of run gap assignments and reads, you'll probably easily get by with 3 QBs.

Morningwood looked pretty good last spring. Certainly good enough for a 3rd string emergency guy.

So I presume you think Grier will be the starter come New Mexico State?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n170688 said:
People say he likes to Driskel a lot - maybe better to let him go somewhere else.
How can he have driskeled if he's never played?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.