Was Roper just bad?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
NavetG8r;n112285 said:
Don't get me started on the mystery of why all the sudden Pittman is catching 90% of the balls thrown to him by Treon. Or why all the sudden Dunbar can catch again with Treon at QB. Laugh at me all you want, call me a tin foil hat wearer, whatever, it became quite clear to me those two decided they were intentionally going to drop every pass Driskel threw their way until he was benched. You'll never convince me otherwise after seeing both of them drop 90% of the passes Driskel threw to them, many of them would have been drive saving first downs, then all the sudden when Harris takes over they're catching 90% of the balls thrown to them. And no, I don't buy the Driskel throws too hard BS.

My point is, if I was Muschamp or Roper, neither of those two would ever see the field again at UF.

You have to admit TH throws a much more catchable ball. I do think all of the players wanted TH to start though...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n112323 said:
You have to admit TH throws a much more catchable ball. I do think all of the players wanted TH to start though...

I don't have to admit any such thing. They're D1 receivers. We have a former receiver who posts here on this message board and he's said the same thing repeatedly. D1 receivers are expected to catch the damn ball. Most top QBs throw the ball pretty damn hard. It's called getting the ball to your receivers before the defenders can get there and knock it away or intercept it. It's expected at the D1 level. Throwing a soft catchable ball because your receivers need to be pampered is pop warner league stuff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n112285 said:
Don't get me started on the mystery of why all the sudden Pittman is catching 90% of the balls thrown to him by Treon. Or why all the sudden Dunbar can catch again with Treon at QB. Laugh at me all you want, call me a tin foil hat wearer, whatever, it became quite clear to me those two decided they were intentionally going to drop every pass Driskel threw their way until he was benched. You'll never convince me otherwise after seeing both of them drop 90% of the passes Driskel threw to them, many of them would have been drive saving first downs, then all the sudden when Harris takes over they're catching 90% of the balls thrown to them. And no, I don't buy the Driskel throws too hard BS.

My point is, if I was Muschamp or Roper, neither of those two would ever see the field again at UF.
Nav, its called accuracy and throwing on time. Driskel never hit the receivers WHEN he was supposed to (coming out of their breaks when the were most open and looking for the ball) or WHERE he was supposed to (not tjree steps behind them or 10 strps beyond).

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n112336 said:
Nav, its called accuracy and throwing on time. Driskel never hit the receivers WHEN he was supposed to (coming out of their breaks when the were most open and looking for the ball) or WHERE he was supposed to (not tjree steps behind them or 10 strps beyond).

Bullcrap. Dunbar was dropping passes when he was standing still waiting for them and they hit him in the hands. No excuse!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Was the ball Fulwood caught at Vandy more catchable than anything JD used to throw? Was the ball Pittman jumped and caught over the middle against SCar more catchable than anything JD used to throw? Was Westbrook's TD against Missouri more catchable than the ball JD threw to him against LSU?

I'm not saying JD didn't make some horrible throws, but it's not like Treon's been that much more accurate. For whatever reason, the guys are catching the ones he throws with more success than they did when JD was throwing them.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n112340 said:
Was the ball Fulwood caught at Vandy more catchable than anything JD used to throw? Was the ball Pittman jumped and caught over the middle against SCar more catchable than anything JD used to throw? Was Westbrook's TD against Missouri more catchable than the ball JD threw to him against LSU?

:exactly:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre right. The receivers backs and OL are part of a four year conspiracy to make Driskel look like the worst Qb ever. I knew someone would figure it out.

They must also hate Chimp also since this cost him his job. And Roper must be in on it, too. He's out there pounding on his desk screaming Throw the Damn Ball as if it was Driskels fault. Damn them all.

At least Driskel has earned our alltime sack and turnover leader. They cant take that from him.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JD was not given 100% of the blame, so law had to run in here and try to correct everyone. :rolleyes:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Navy, youre a big conspiracy theory guy, arent you? Think the cops and UN were also involved?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n112356 said:
Youre right. The receivers backs and OL are part of a four year conspiracy to make Driskel look like the worst Qb ever. I knew someone would figure it out.

They must also hate Chimp also since this cost him his job.

At least Driskel has earned our alltime sack and turnover leader. They cant take that from him.

So basically, you're facing checkmate in two moves and you knocked all the pieces off the board.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Not sure of the real reason the receivers are catching better but I am sure that Driskel sucks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Checkmate? The evidence is all on my side.

All you have is wild conspiracy theories.

Driskel received checkmate FINALLY after the Mizzu game and Chimp after USC. They are the only ones who are done.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n112380 said:

Driskel received checkmate FINALLY after the Mizzu game and Chimp after USC. They are the only ones who are done.

Where did I say there was a conspiracy? All I said was the WR are miraculously functional at catching inaccurate throws now that TH is throwing them.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For whatever reason... the WRs are playing better with Treon. They were dropping easy passes all season with JD. JD also threw some horrible passes and really couldn't hit the deep ball the way Treon could.

I think Treon is a better QB, but to assume all the problems early were on JD when we had a TE drop a perfect game winning pass in the end zone and many 3rd down conversions dropped is just false.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n112380 said:

For the record, I'm not really a conspiracy theory believer. I just enjoy suggesting them and seeing people's reactions. You have to admit, the remarkable recovery of our receivers with Treon on the field certainly feels off. All the sudden they're making ridiculous "OMG he caught that" circus catches, when they couldn't catch a ball that hit them right in the hands from Driskel all season? Something sure smells rotten and it ain't Driskel. I'm not saying Driskel is the best QB in the world. I've agreed all year he's been inaccurate and made bad decisions often. It's the volume of dropped balls I don't understand, especially when all the sudden the drops practically stopped completely with the insertion of Treon.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Since Treon has been playing I've seen one circus catch and one really bad drop. Circus catch by Westbrook against Mizzou, bad drop by Burton against Vandy. Now there were a ton of circus catches for Murphy last year, but I haven't seen much of that this year

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The best one yet was the look on Driskel's face when Treon threw up the prayer in the Mizzou game and Tevin "Dropsalot" Westbrook comes down with the catch of the season......JD could only laugh from the sidelines.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n112423 said:
For the record, I'm not really a conspiracy theory believer. I just enjoy suggesting them and seeing people's reactions. You have to admit, the remarkable recovery of our receivers with Treon on the field certainly feels off. All the sudden they're making ridiculous "OMG he caught that" circus catches, when they couldn't catch a ball that hit them right in the hands from Driskel all season? Something sure smells rotten and it ain't Driskel. I'm not saying Driskel is the best QB in the world. I've agreed all year he's been inaccurate and made bad decisions often. It's the volume of dropped balls I don't understand, especially when all the sudden the drops practically stopped completely with the insertion of Treon.

This just reminded me of the INSANE catch Dunbar made that was ruled out of bounds against SCar. I wish I could go back and make a lowlight video of the wide open drops he had earlier this season, and then he catches that? All I can say is......

harryshrug_zpsb5c8276d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator