We could have been playing Idaho this week

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Wouldn't that have been nice? Treon could have gotten more snaps, we could have gotten another win toward bowl eligibility, and the fans would hopefully have watched an entertaining game. Yet another wasted opportunity . . .

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm:

Honestly, after sitting through last week I'm eternally grateful I don't have to watch UF play this weekend. I need a break.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Swamp Queen;n88594 said:
:facepalm:

Honestly, after sitting through last week I'm eternally grateful I don't have to watch UF play this weekend. I need a break.

Yea, not really sure we would have won anyhow....

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n88596 said:
Yea, not really sure we would have won anyhow....

They're 1-6 in the Sun Belt. Even Driskel could dispatch them.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n88586 said:
Wouldn't that have been nice? Treon could have gotten more snaps, we could have gotten another win toward bowl eligibility, and the fans would hopefully have watched an entertaining game. Yet another wasted opportunity . . .

I have long since moved on, but I took some shots for calling the cancelation of that game an awful idea. It would have given us another win which we clearly and desperately need for a bowl berth and more reps for players who need it. Besides, I remain convinced the extra week does NOTHING for us in terms of game planning because the coaches are poor at planning and scheming. It's sorta like when the Government shuts down, it's a good thing because they aren't screwing things up worse.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised this isn't a poll

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n88644 said:
If you need Idaho to pad your resume, you need to be fired.

Kinda funny in hind sight. We didn't think for one second we'd miss a bowl so a piss ant like Idaho doesn't matter. Just like he came out and said we aren't going to play fcs schools anymore 2 months after losing to one.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just ready for everyone to move beyond the Idaho game. I have a feeling some people will still be pissed it wasn't played in 10 years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n88656 said:
I'm just ready for everyone to move beyond the Idaho game. I have a feeling some people will still be pissed it wasn't played in 10 years.

It is kind of annoying that it could possibly cause us to have a losing season

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Maybe it is a blessing in disguise we aren't playing Idaho. If we played similar to our EMU performance, than the common fan would become irrationally optimistic about Muschamp and our offense.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
The Original DC;n88609 said:
I have long since moved on, but I took some shots for calling the cancelation of that game an awful idea. It would have given us another win which we clearly and desperately need for a bowl berth and more reps for players who need it. Besides, I remain convinced the extra week does NOTHING for us in terms of game planning because the coaches are poor at planning and scheming. It's sorta like when the Government shuts down, it's a good thing because they aren't screwing things up worse.

I remember this quite well because I thought the same thing, we really needed that game.

And LOL at how true the Govt analogy is - Touche!!!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n88658 said:
It is kind of annoying that it could possibly cause us to have a losing season
Have you watched us play this season? Do you think we'll have a winning season regardless?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would have gone with my family and had a nice time. That being said, I'm looking forward to watching football all day Saturday without considering how the Gators will play. A needed break.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n88663 said:
Have you watched us play this season? Do you think we'll have a winning season regardless?

Not really.and I'm not upset about it. But I do enjoy the bowl game even if it's a ****ty one. But if you need Idaho to make a bowl you probably don't deserve one

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n88671 said:
Not really.and I'm not upset about it. But I do enjoy the bowl game even if it's a ****ty one. But if you need Idaho to make a bowl you probably don't deserve one
:exactly:

And I'm just about over bowl season anyway. They've oversaturated it to the point it's really not enjoyable compared to what it used to be.

The extra practice is nice but come on, do I want to watch us play some random po-dunk school with a 6-6 record? Not really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator