t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n88673 said:
:exactly:

And I'm just about over bowl season anyway. They've oversaturated it to the point it's really not enjoyable compared to what it used to be.

The extra practice is nice but come on, do I want to watch us play some random po-dunk school with a 6-6 record? Not really.

Oh c'mon I loved beating osu a few years ago

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n88594 said:
:facepalm:

Honestly, after sitting through last week I'm eternally grateful I don't have to watch UF play this weekend. I need a break.

This. Squared. Cubed. Whatever comes after cubed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n88671 said:
Not really.and I'm not upset about it. But I do enjoy the bowl game even if it's a ****ty one. But if you need Idaho to make a bowl you probably don't deserve one

Deserve has got nothing to do with it...

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
QueenCityGator;88586 said:
Wouldn't that have been nice? Treon could have gotten more snaps, we could have gotten another win toward bowl eligibility, and the fans would hopefully have watched an entertaining game. Yet another wasted opportunity . . .
How was this a wasted opportunity? Who was wasteful and how could it have been different? :lol:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n88740 said:
How was this a wasted opportunity? Who was wasteful and how could it have been different? :lol:
God was wasteful for creating that storm. Duh!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad we aren't playing them. The bye week gives us time to teach JD a new position.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n88658 said:
It is kind of annoying that it could possibly cause us to have a losing season

No, Muschamp caused us to have a losing season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n88671 said:
Not really.and I'm not upset about it. But I do enjoy the bowl game even if it's a ****ty one. But if you need Idaho to make a bowl you probably don't deserve one

You and Dooley are the only two people who have ever hoped to go to a bowl in Memphis.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n88740 said:
You've been hanging around with Wobble too much.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Wasted opportunity as regards player development and fan experience

PS - I would prefer the bowl in Charlotte instead of Memphis

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n88792 said:

You know good and well the Belk Bowl wants USC and the ticket sales. Them against VT would draw well.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n88792 said:

Fan experience at a :kiffin: bowl that costs way too much money and has about 1000 fans in attendance? I'll pass.

You would prefer a bowl game in Charlotte because you live there. Serious question, would you spend any money to go to a crap bowl game elsewhere? I'm guessing no.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
Swamp Queen;n88804 said:
Fan experience at a :kiffin: bowl that costs way too much money and has about 1000 fans in attendance? I'll pass.
I only care about this bowl because it would be a 20 minute instead of a 6.5 hour drive to the stadium to watch my beloved team. Belk or bust! :banana:

PS - no way I would buy a ticket a full price

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Right now our problem is trying to figure out how to quit beating ourselves rather than how to beat Idaho.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n88843 said:
Right now our problem is trying to figure out how to quit beating ourselves rather than how to beat Idaho.

Plus, Treon working against UF's defense is harder-better practice than going vs Idaho's defense.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
Swamp Queen;n88804 said:

You would prefer a bowl game in Charlotte because you live there. Serious question, would you spend any money to go to a crap bowl game elsewhere? I'm guessing no.

Of course I wouldn't spend any money to attend a Gator game this season that was less than 90 miles away (Columbia is closest city). Besides bowl season, I think the Gators should play more often outside SEC country (one trip every other year). Why not play a game on the west coast against UCLA so all the California gator fans can root on their team without travelling so far?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Opting to not play the Idaho game was a little bit of a gamble. Some felt like we needed every guaranteed win we could get to ensure a bowl game. The counter argument to that was that if we needed 1 win to get us to 6 wins, he was toast regardless. I think WM and Foley both adopted that opinion, which is somewhat respected. The problem is that similar to Zook turning down a contract extension prior to 2004 with the hopes that his performance that season would warrant a better version(also commendable) the gamble turned out wrong. We can argue about the merit all we want, but 7-5 just may have been enough to get him by based on perception. I don't see 6-5 doing that. Probably better for UF in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.