Recruiting We got ourselves another RB

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope they let him bring that magic stiff arm arrow when he comes. That's pretty cool.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently he is the cousin of the kid from OU who ran for over 400 yards in a game last year... good blood

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On that video, looks a bit like the Todd Gurley type … 'cept a bit faster ? Real good get for down the road.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Go get em staff! Great to see players wanting to come to Fl again! Welcome aboard and go gators!

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I realize that HUDL shows every highlight 4 times from another angle, but he looks great. How is he only the #38 RB prospect? Is this a competition issue? Is he playing for Chris Walker's HS?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
rogdochar;n228084 said:
On that video, looks a bit like the Todd Gurley type … 'cept a bit faster ? Real good get for down the road.

We are watching a different guy because I see a guy that is a bit slow. He has great change of direction. He gets low on contact which will make him harder to tackle. He runs tough. But he doesn't have anywhere near Gurley's speed. A few sites list his 40 at 4.8.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79;n228116 said:
We need this guy !!!

From rivals
"Though National Signing Day 2015 has already come and gone the Florida Gators may not be completely finished just yet. Earlier this spring the Gators extended an offer to El Dorado (Ks.) Butler County C.C. offensive tackle
Quinn Mittermeier. "They actually offered me a while back," said Mittermeier of the Gators. "It was like two or three weeks back."

Since that offer the Florida coaching staff has been in constant touch with the 6-foot-6, 305-pounder. As a full qualifier out of high school Mittermeier has the option to leave for a D-I program this summer or return to Butler for another season.

"I have been talking with all the coaches for about a month and a half and talking with Coach [Mike] Summers. We talk about me coming in for the summer and trying to get me enrolled and ready for the semester. If I end up signing I will enroll this summer."

Florida's efforts may have paid off as Mittermeier recently set up an official visit to see the Gators on June 7th. According to the junior college big man, if the visit goes well he could make Gainesville his home for the next few years. "

This is huge. To get another OL on campus for this year and a Junior College guy who is probably stronger than a true freshman coming in... could be a big big get for the good guys!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Mad skills. Love the stiff arm, the toss, and that he can catch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n228117 said:
But he doesn't have anywhere near Gurley's speed. A few sites list his 40 at 4.8.
Ok, so he's like a faster version of Matt Jones?

He's not 4.8. He runs away from DBs in most of those videos. He seems to plant and run hard. Mac knows what he is looking for in RBs.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I am usually not negative but I keep seeing our rivals landing 4* and 5* guys while we keep landing 2*,3* and even unrated guys. I know it's early but this $hit needs to change quick! We're not going to get back to an elite program recruiting like this.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Skyturd even floats up in the comments. smh..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I am usually not negative but I keep seeing our rivals landing 4* and 5* guys while we keep landing 2*,3* and even unrated guys. I know it's early but this $hit needs to change quick! We're not going to get back to an elite program recruiting like this.
That won't happen this year.

FWIW, Ingram was a 3 star. They know what they want.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n228204 said:
That won't happen this year.

FWIW, Ingram was a 3 star. They know what they want.
I'm starting to see that it won't happen this year and that's unfortunate. Zook,Meyer,and even chump recruited better than this in their first full recruiting class. Hopefully they'll start picking up some of top tier talent soon because if not it's going to take longer than I thought for us to get back on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator