Recruiting We got ourselves another RB

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't we just convert one of our plethora of DB's and turn him into a Demps/Rainey type scatback?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n228534 said:
Why don't we just convert one of our plethora of DB's and turn him into a Demps/Rainey type scatback?
See, the reason they were playing DB to begin with was because they couldn't catch or do anything with the ball in their hands.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gators79;n228116 said:
We need this guy !!!

From rivals
"Though National Signing Day 2015 has already come and gone the Florida Gators may not be completely finished just yet. Earlier this spring the Gators extended an offer to El Dorado (Ks.) Butler County C.C. offensive tackle
Quinn Mittermeier. "They actually offered me a while back," said Mittermeier of the Gators. "It was like two or three weeks back."

Since that offer the Florida coaching staff has been in constant touch with the 6-foot-6, 305-pounder. As a full qualifier out of high school Mittermeier has the option to leave for a D-I program this summer or return to Butler for another season.

"I have been talking with all the coaches for about a month and a half and talking with Coach [Mike] Summers. We talk about me coming in for the summer and trying to get me enrolled and ready for the semester. If I end up signing I will enroll this summer."

Florida's efforts may have paid off as Mittermeier recently set up an official visit to see the Gators on June 7th. According to the junior college big man, if the visit goes well he could make Gainesville his home for the next few years. "
This needs a thread of its own!

We need every big ugly we can get to be on campus for the fall, and as mentioned by ATX, with a year of CC in him he should be ready for playing time.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n228485 said:
We are getting lower star guys right now because the studs are in wait and see mode. Let these guys camp and let the season play out partially and we will see how things shape up. A lot can happen in 4 months
We wouldn't be in this position if the dawg had been fired after GSU!

At least we hired an offensive minded coach and I do think he'll turn it around. But it's not going to be a quick turn around due to the Oline and lack of highly rated players that we've been getting.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has a well deserved reputation for sending backs to the NFL.

Kid's know that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have enough RBs now. Let's pick up some other positions.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n228888 said:
I think we have enough RBs now. Let's pick up some other positions.

If we can get them up to 300lbs, maybe they can block for themselves?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
NavetG8r;n228956 said:
If we can get them up to 300lbs, maybe they can block for themselves?

Well, with the coaching changes, maybe we can call it progress if the players stop blocking themselves as a start.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is way too early to really get concerned about recruiting and stars. A lot of star ratings will change as these kids play their senior years and as they get offers. Often the services see kids get offers and start to bump star ratings...

I also think a lot of players don't know what to expect from Florida and how we play on the field will be key. If the D is nasty and looks amazing then you will see top defensive guys commit. If the offense shows signs of life with a QB that can run it then you will see offensive players flip from other schools to UF. The verbal committment is really meaningless this early. Most of them verbally commit and still take plenty of visits to other schools.

Think of all the top guys we have had that were not committed to us this early (Elam, Fowler, Scarlett, etc... )

The key will be the how the team plays... if they are successful then recruiting will spike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.