We have a problem

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I read through the entire Volnation game thread linked elsewhere in here (I loved every minute of it) and I’ll say this: if you want to read some crazy shyt give that place a whirl. Makes us look a Sunday afternoon church social.
You read all that? It’s thousands and thousands of posts.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you don't have any idea..........what the function of a sentence...............or a period is....... Do you?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
You gotta stand your ground. When attacked by clowns. You can keep the haters from dragging you down ,you gotta stand your ground
Wellllll we know whats right Gotta shine our light. When the haters keep on dragging us down we gotta Stand Our Ground.
HEYYYY gators, there aint no easy way back........We've got to stick together in all kinds of weather and we cant back down.

Fason (loved that kid) you gotta remember that bad news sells. They are selling their bad news, bad attitudes and at the same time trying to demonstrate their gator savior fare even if it is a stinking pile of sh#t sometimes. You have two contests (In this context) going on. Who can come up with the cutest derogatory names and who can sound the smartest in football terms. Throw in a little alcohol and you have
what we all have come to love and detest at times. gatorchatter or fecal splatter............

yeah, i get that, too. When it gets really nasty *(stupid) I usually think and comment "fellas, our rivals are eating this sh#t up...........if I want to read how awful my school/team/coach/players are I can go to whorchant, dwagvent or voltblather.............but deaf ears prevail............in the immortal words of the dude........... “This aggression will not stand, man.” we could all use a little more Dude attitude sometimes............

I always agree with your posts but this may be the first time I don't. Warchant is nowhere near as critical of Gators as our own board. Not even close. We literally have folks that despise our own coaches and players and have no reservations about airing that out.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I always agree with your posts but this may be the first time I don't. Warchant is nowhere near as critical of Gators as our own board. Not even close. We literally have folks that despise our own coaches and players and have no reservations about airing that out.

I’m not going to research WarChant, but I bet they have posters as critical of F$U as some of our are of the Gators. It’s the nature of boards and a slice of the people who take great interest in them.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I read through the entire Volnation game thread linked elsewhere in here (I loved every minute of it) and I’ll say this: if you want to read some crazy shyt give that place a whirl. Makes us look a Sunday afternoon church social.

If we would have lost that game, this place would have melted to the ground.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
You read all that? It’s thousands and thousands of posts.

Yes. Yes I did and yes it was.

It was so enjoyable reading the reactions to each Gator score and the responses. It was like, Hey if we score here it will be a two score ga... Fumble...never mind.

This place has never seen dumpers like there. We are like Low A minor league ball. Which is a good thing! That’s a good thing.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017

Oddly enough that is true. Our coaches and team seem to be more respected on our rivals' boards than on our own. I guess 10 years of cynicism lead to that. Also a 4-8 season will lead to that too. I don't know. MSU fans on their own boards respect Mullen and what he did to their program, yet there are people here that no matter what, judge his tenure there as a failure. UK were dreading our game, even though they beat us, because they felt Mullen was a great coach. The Vols openly wish they had Mullen as their HC rather than Pruitt. Even in FSU circles they say that openly. Only on GC do you feel like Mullen was one of the worst hires we could make. I used to think he is second to Kelly and Frost, and so far that has been proven wrong. At this point I am just glad we have Mullen. Could this change? Maybe. But he is a competent coach, with proven competence in the SEC. You just see an improvement from week to week in things that you just didn't see before.

Either way I can't quantify it, but there is an "air of competence" about Mullen and his staff that I felt lacking during the last two hires, even if our season ends up being 6-6 or 5-7. I just never got that "feeling" from the last two, even when they were winning. Heck after a win, I always felt deflated when I heard McElwein speak. I actually am looking forward to the future, when EJ and JJ are on our QB depth chart. Even Franks is demonstrating significant improvement, and is more respected on other forums than ours.

I look at GC this way. I use it to keep my self grounded when we win. When we lose, it is definitely a lot more doom and gloom than it should be, but you will get to know who actually is reasonable and who isn't, and quickly start ignoring the overly negative for no reason crowd, and read the gems that are actually critical in a positive way. I definitely like that more than the endless sunshine pumping elsewhere.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Warchant is nowhere near as critical of Gators as our own board.
Why would they be critical? I have a Null cousin, blacksheep of the family, who LOVED our coaches this decade.

Are you critical of Tagelwain? Im not. I hope he is there for 20 years.

Do you have any idea about Clowns roster or weaknesses? I dont. I know their OL and D (especially secondary) suck but I dont care to know more.

I know you claim to be a retired Marine, but you must be the only Participation Trophy Marine in the entire Corps. Lucky most Marines expect discipline, effort and competence in everything.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
You clearly aren’t around much for game threads, or watch many games around passionate fans. I re-read the game thread just to see if I could see what you are talking about - and it’s literally 90-10 positive to negative in there, and the majority of the negatives were pointing out facts in-game.

Emotions are high during games, and people express those emotions in the game thread. When good happens, people celebrate. When bad happens, people complain. You look at ANY message board game thread and you’ll see exactly the same thing. There are always Debbie downers that can find no good, and Paulie pumpers that can find no wrong...it’s a message board. If it’s that bothersome for you, maybe message boards aren’t your thing.

The game thread was comical. Never more so than when we went up 33-3. I don’t get butthurt over it. I enjoy it. It’s comical.

All fan bases are...well fanatical. Seems the difference with ours is we suffer victory in the same way other schools suffer losses. FSU is good example. They have been melting down for two seasons now but prior to that that actually believed they were some sort of dynasty even though they were pulling close games out their azz. Tennessee is the same damn way. I can guarantee you that hillbilly board would have been a whole lot different had they hung 47 on us in a blowout win. They literally would be talking about championships.

We act like this in a blowout win....can you imagine what a loss to MSU would be like?

It’s a board thing. I usually attend the games but if not I throw a party or head over to a Gator bar that is packed. We cheer like crazy on the good stuff and we bitch on a bad play. But the overall attitude is all Gator. It’s a great time. Boards are unique in that the so-called dumpers can suck the life out of the experience. It’s one comment at a time. At my party Saturday a dumper would have been (a) drowned out by the crowd and (b) been caught up in the excitement. They would have been honorary pumpers. I had to invite the neighbors just to ensure no one had a problem with the noise. We got pretty rowdy.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m not going to research WarChant, but I bet they have posters as critical of F$U as some of our are of the Gators. It’s the nature of boards and a slice of the people who take great interest in them.

They absolutely do. It’s a meltdown over there right now. Because they have been losing for 2 years. But when they win big they think they are the toast of the town. They suffer losing like all of us. They just don’t suffer winning blowout wins against arch rivals nearly as bad. If they drop 47 on us this year let’s see if they bitch.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I was working during the game this past Saturday. Found a way to not hear anything about the game to watch it on DVR when I was done. Not too hard in Alabama. Lol

So watched the game...blah blah blah. Was happy. Figured I'd check the game thread after reading the VN meltdown thread. Gotta say bro, we need two different game threads.

We got some "Fans" that are celebrating every time something bad happens. They crow all week long about how bad we are, then game day they celebrate when we do well but pick everything apartment when something doesn't go right. We start winning, oh it's just because they are a bad team though they predicted a loss or a very close Florida win. It's sickening.
As I read thru the thread, slowly the real fans dropped off and it was nothing more than the detractors *****ing about everything that didn't go perfect, and passively agressivelag celebrating things that went right.
Maybe they don't remember that every Tebow pass didn't go for a TD. Or every hole wasn't opened for Taylor to run thru, or every once in a while White would let a receiver get past him for a big play.
Guess what I'm saying is a few are ruining it for the rest of us. I love this site, but even in a win, where a lot said we wouldn't, I left the game thread feeling like we lost and we're worse than we were before.
That is all
Good work, GatorMan.
I feel it too. I've been to other boards, prior to coming here, where I'd get blasted for not having a rosy outlook on things. So, when I found this place it felt great to be around passionate Gators that were honest about the progress of the team.

However, I've noticed that some people on here are so far removed from realistic expectations. They rightfully complained about Champ. Then mac. And now Mullen. The only problem is that Mullen's only coached 4 games. I feel that some have gotten stuck in a perpetually, downtrodden mood. It's like they've forgotten how to be pleased. If every play doesn't work, they say the coaches are terrible or the players suck. They also think it's preposterous for others to be pleased at what we're seeing. It's like they'd only be happy if we're winning a championship every year. But that's ridiculous. Spurrier only won one. You can't win every year.
But I've learned to just go with it. I think deep down inside their actually happy. They've just been burdened by the last decade. They don't trust the wins. Even most of the pumpers qualify their praise by saying how bad Feleipe is or how they don't believe in Mullen just yet. That points to a tortured fan base. We've lost the ability to properly wallow in success. We qualify our statements because we don't want to get our hopes up just to be let down again. But I have a feeling that Coach Mullen will make it a moot point. He's going to take us to the pinnacle at some point.
Don't give up on the board. Trust me, there's no place better than here. Remember that there's plenty of us on here that are just as happy and excited as you are. The others will come along eventually. At the end of the day we're all Gators and wanna see the team do well.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
If we would have lost that game, this place would have melted to the ground.

Oh of that I have no doubt.

So I worked all weekend and was asleep when the game was on and missed it but I did go back and read the game thread. There wasn’t any melting in this one but was a lot of folks getting mushy. One reason I don’t like the chat box during games because you can’t go back and read it. As far as I know.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
you don't have any idea..........what the function of a sentence...............or a period is....... Do you?
Of course I do. I use it when I write for any type of publication. I also know what social dysfunction is. :stickpoke:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
So may I ask a real question without judgement? Are we not allowed to give an honest opinion on this board anymore when giving a prediction? Or do we just have to lie to please the masses?

I have been very critical of the staff this year but have also praised as well. I was very optimistic for the 1st game I predicted a 62-10 score. I had good things to say after our 1st win I was very pleased. So pleased I predicted we would blow UK out the following week. After what I saw in that game myself and most on this board was not very pleased at all with the efforts and I voiced my opinion.

Based on seeing the UK game and how the TN game has gone in recent years and how they lost to us last year on the last play I thought TN would come out aggressively and we would have to play from behind and it would get out of hand. I was wrong and admitted as much in the same thread you're talking about.

So my overall question to you and anyone else willing to answer without being a rude about it, how are we supposed to respond if we happen to pick against UF if we end up winning? Because it sounds like you're mad people admitted to being wrong.

I have absolutely no issue with somebody predicting a Gator loss if that’s what you believe. I will predict a loss if I believe it.

I don’t even mind critical analysis. Cover2 calls it as he sees it and it ain’t always sunshine or rainbows. But it’s fair, reasoned and without prejudice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We act like this in a blowout win....can you imagine what a loss to MSU would be like?
I think pretty much everyone penciled in Cowbell on the road as a loss.

It isnt at all like losing at home to fvkking Kintucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.