We have a problem

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
This again? OP go to swamp gas. You'll fit in better there. If you don't like the game thread, go post your dumb pumping in swamp gas' game thread. 5k is rivaling Byrd for the worst poster on this board.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Personally I tend to be pretty positive in the game threads, but understand folks expressing angst when they see a bad play or call.

I just call things as I see them. Despite all the ranting about this team being crap, trash, weak, no coaching, etc, I've said all along this is a decent squad that has more talent than everyone on the schedule except UGA and maybe LSU. In fact, it has at least as much talent, based on guys who will play on Sunday, as Chumps and McEl-lames teams that finished with double digit win totals.

I've said all along that there is no reason for this team, and more importantly these coaches to finish with less than 7 wins and no frikin way should they have only 4-5 wins against this schedule, which will probably be the easiest of Mullen's stint here I would expect.

This team is also going to take some major hits to graduation and depending on how many Juniors leave, it's very possible that next year's squad won't be more talented, and they will be facing a tougher schedule. I actually posted months ago that I thought there was a real chance that this could be one of the better years if not the best for Mullen in the W/L column based on players and the schedule.

I predicted 8-4 and didn't change it in the updated prediction thread after the UK loss. I also pointed out that the UK game was going to be a challenge, that there was a good chance the coaches wouldn't have the team focused and they could already be penciling the win and looking ahead. I think the replies were that I was crazy and there was no way UK could score over 13 points on us (even though they scored 27 last year and are better this year) and the coaches would have them razor sharp.

So basically nothing so far has surprised me other than the margin of victory over UT. This team is definitely improving, especially O-line and defense across the board.

I have to give Mullen credit for managing Franks and for the marked improvement in special teams. That's pretty impressive.

But it doesn't change the fact that I think he is who he was at Cowbell, a 4 loss a year coach who can never take the step up to elite. Who knows, maybe he will prove me wrong but I haven't seen anything in recruiting or team management that makes me believe that (we should be 4-0 right now considering the schedule, so just like I expected, Mullen loses games he shouldn't).

Don't try to spin my lack of confidence in Mullen and staff into hate for the guy. I honestly hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be our next championship contender HC. I just don't expect it.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I tend to be pretty positive in the game threads, but understand folks expressing angst when they see a bad play or call.

I just call things as I see them. Despite all the ranting about this team being crap, trash, weak, no coaching, etc, I've said all along this is a decent squad that has more talent than everyone on the schedule except UGA and maybe LSU. In fact, it has at least as much talent, based on guys who will play on Sunday, as Chumps and McEl-lames teams that finished with double digit win totals.

I've said all along that there is no reason for this team, and more importantly these coaches to finish with less than 7 wins and no frikin way should they have only 4-5 wins against this schedule, which will probably be the easiest of Mullen's stint here I would expect.

This team is also going to take some major hits to graduation and depending on how many Juniors leave, it's very possible that next year's squad won't be more talented, and they will be facing a tougher schedule. I actually posted months ago that I thought there was a real chance that this could be one of the better years if not the best for Mullen in the W/L column based on players and the schedule.

I predicted 8-4 and didn't change it in the updated prediction thread after the UK loss. I also pointed out that the UK game was going to be a challenge, that there was a good chance the coaches wouldn't have the team focused and they could already be penciling the win and looking ahead. I think the replies were that I was crazy and there was no way UK could score over 13 points on us (even though they scored 27 last year and are better this year) and the coaches would have them razor sharp.

So basically nothing so far has surprised me other than the margin of victory over UT. This team is definitely improving, especially O-line and defense across the board.

I have to give Mullen credit for managing Franks and for the marked improvement in special teams. That's pretty impressive.

But it doesn't change the fact that I think he is who he was at Cowbell, a 4 loss a year coach who can never take the step up to elite. Who knows, maybe he will prove me wrong but I haven't seen anything in recruiting or team management that makes me believe that (we should be 4-0 right now considering the schedule, so just like I expected, Mullen loses games he shouldn't).

Don't try to spin my lack of confidence in Mullen and staff into hate for the guy. I honestly hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be our next championship contender HC. I just don't expect it.

Damn, wish I was that smart.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
But it doesn't change the fact that I think he is who he was at Cowbell, a 4 loss a year coach who can never take the step up to elite.
I think that would be a fair assessment if Mullen had stayed in the west, not so sure now. 4 losses a year would pretty much mean losing to UGA, FSU, LSU, and one of USCe or the other division crossover...every single year. I just don't think that's in the cards. I think he'll have some 2-loss seasons, perhaps a one loss season and a trip or two to the SECCG in the next 5-6 years. I think he'll find a way to recruit the players he needs to do that as well.

I know a BUNCH of posters will demand to see my "evidence". I have none. It's my thought, so I really don't care if they pick it apart or provide their own "evidence" of future history based on Mullen's performance at MSU.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Ze problem is that we've seen perfection.
We know what it takes to win championships.
We know that every little thing counts.
We know it's not good enough to score. You need to be able to score fast and you need to be able to score slow.
You need to be able to score on the ground and through the air.
We know that red zone field goals don't count as scoring in the red zone.
Every tackle must be behind the line.
Every block must move the down marker.
Every punt must flip the field.
And you need a marquee player that shows up on Sports Center every Saturday Night.
We know what perfection is and we know what we are lacking.

Perfection is an addictive drug. Once you've felt that high nothing else compares.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Not sure what the rest of you are saying, but I am just saying one thing and it is not about pumping or dumping in general. It is this: when a rival is being blown out, fans should enjoy it. Pretty simple.

Is someone not a Gator fan because you notice our center getting blown up? Does the score dictate that we can't notice Fred Johnson's blown block on the Feliepe Franks TD? I just don't get the mindset that because you notice something and share it, that prevents enjoying the win.

Our coaches and team seem to be more respected on our rivals' boards than on our own.

They suffer losing like all of us. They just don’t suffer winning blowout wins against arch rivals nearly as bad.

Our rivals hate us, though less than they used to. But, they don't know our players tendencies or roster options, just like I'm guessing most of us don't for them. That level of attention to detail is what sets many on here apart from casual Gator fans and certainly rivals. How many of you have re-watched nearly every game for the past (pick your number) years? Yet, would you even watch a full replay of an FSU loss? I love when they lose, but hell no. So, the criticisms are context and evidence of fandom by willingly paying attention to such details, not "suffering a loss".

They rest are just fun debating with. They hate the coach, QB, the facilities, pumpers et al and makes sure to remind us in damn near every post in every thread. That makes up 90% of all board activity

This part is just not true. There is something with pumpers, where everyone must always be pumping with you or you see ghosts of negativity everywhere because others aren't sharing the Zoloft. That leads to this absurd thread. It's like people who love dancing but have to try to get everyone else to dance, whether they want to or not. If you love dancing, dance. If you love pumping up the Gators with zero analysis or critic involved, go for it. But, the categorization of 90% of the board as suffering Saturday's beat down is a reflection of you and the perspective you bring, not an accurate reflection of this board. Game analysis and critic of poor play, even in victory is not even negativity, no less suffering.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Is someone not a Gator fan because you notice our center getting blown up? Does the score dictate that we can't notice Fred Johnson's blown block on the Feliepe Franks TD? I just don't get the mindset that because you notice something and share it, that prevents enjoying the win.

Our rivals hate us, though less than they used to. But, they don't know our players tendencies or roster options, just like I'm guessing most of us don't for them. That level of attention to detail is what sets many on here apart from casual Gator fans and certainly rivals. How many of you have re-watched nearly every game for the past (pick your number) years? Yet, would you even watch a full replay of an FSU loss? I love when they lose, but hell no. So, the criticisms are context and evidence of fandom by willingly paying attention to such details, not "suffering a loss".

This part is just not true. There is something with pumpers, where everyone must always be pumping with you or you see ghosts of negativity everywhere because others aren't sharing the Zoloft. That leads to this absurd thread. It's like people who love dancing but have to try to get everyone else to dance, whether they want to or not. If you love dancing, dance. If you love pumping up the Gators with zero analysis or critic involved, go for it. But, the categorization of 90% of the board as suffering Saturday's beat down is a reflection of you and the perspective you bring, not an accurate reflection of this board. Game analysis and critic of poor play, even in victory is not even negativity, no less suffering.

Seems like this should be the end of the thread.

/thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This part is just not true. There is something with pumpers, where everyone must always be pumping with you or you see ghosts of negativity everywhere because others aren't sharing the Zoloft. That leads to this absurd thread. .
yeah, my favorite part is when were told if you're pissed about a Kentucky loss (and don't recognize Kentucky is the best team in the conference and probably best team in the country since 2017 Michigan) then you can't be happy about a win at Tennessee.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Game analysis and critical analysis is desired and many here are outstanding in offering such.

Others just bytch and moan. And then others bytch and moan about the bytchers and moaners. The bytchers and moaners don’t like being bytched and moaned at as they feel that is their exclusive domain.

Rog.....does that make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator