We have a problem

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Why would they be critical? I have a Null cousin, blacksheep of the family, who LOVED our coaches this decade.

Are you critical of Tagelwain? Im not. I hope he is there for 20 years.

Do you have any idea about Clowns roster or weaknesses? I dont. I know their OL and D (especially secondary) suck but I dont care to know more.

I know you claim to be a retired Marine, but you must be the only Participation Trophy Marine in the entire Corps. Lucky most Marines expect discipline, effort and competence in everything.

Donkey....don’t ever forget this. It is your generation that brought us the participation trophy. You own it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You know, most of you guys have been here for YEARS, and often were on the GSMB for YEARS before that, and yet you still act surprised about game days. It totally baffles me. Hell, the OP has been here since 2014! And there are likes on that post?

If you were to go on the Alabama boards, you would see their fans b!tching in game threads every time there was a negative play. That is what message boards are. Frankly, I feel ridiculous even making this post. Gatorchatter has been here for 4.5 years and it's been exactly the same from day 1. Some people love it, some people hate it - and those that hate it left it long ago. Some boards choose to ban members that are negative, and that's their prerogative. We aren't one of those boards.

However, in general all fan message boards are the same in every sport, college or pro. Fans vent, that's why we're here. Please don't make me have to keep making this point.

I feel like overall this place is fairly positive so far this season. Yeah, bad loss to UK but overall...more positive than negative.

This is nothing like after the Mich loss last year. That was bad.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Donkey....don’t ever forget this. It is your generation that brought us the participation trophy. You own it.
MOONCATANTIQUES2194.jpg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I saw the thread title, I thought this thread would be about all of the unnecessary penalties UF gave up in the second half.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Good work, GatorMan.
I feel it too. I've been to other boards, prior to coming here, where I'd get blasted for not having a rosy outlook on things. So, when I found this place it felt great to be around passionate Gators that were honest about the progress of the team.

However, I've noticed that some people on here are so far removed from realistic expectations. They rightfully complained about Champ. Then mac. And now Mullen. The only problem is that Mullen's only coached 4 games. I feel that some have gotten stuck in a perpetually, downtrodden mood. It's like they've forgotten how to be pleased. If every play doesn't work, they say the coaches are terrible or the players suck. They also think it's preposterous for others to be pleased at what we're seeing. It's like they'd only be happy if we're winning a championship every year. But that's ridiculous. Spurrier only won one. You can't win every year.
But I've learned to just go with it. I think deep down inside their actually happy. They've just been burdened by the last decade. They don't trust the wins. Even most of the pumpers qualify their praise by saying how bad Feleipe is or how they don't believe in Mullen just yet. That points to a tortured fan base. We've lost the ability to properly wallow in success. We qualify our statements because we don't want to get our hopes up just to be let down again. But I have a feeling that Coach Mullen will make it a moot point. He's going to take us to the pinnacle at some point.
Don't give up on the board. Trust me, there's no place better than here. Remember that there's plenty of us on here that are just as happy and excited as you are. The others will come along eventually. At the end of the day we're all Gators and wanna see the team do well.

Well stated. This is still the best Gator board around.
(1) The wit and humor is off the charts. I always enjoy that aspect.

(2) Some outstanding recruiting info for those of us who don’t follow it so closely.

(3) Some really good post game analysis. Cover2 is great but it’s not limited to just him. I enjoy all the serious analysis from many others as well.

(4) There are several others here that understand X’s and O’s at a deeper level than some of us and their insight is gold.

(5) There seems to be a few that actually do have some inside contacts or sources that provide good information.

They rest are just fun debating with. They hate the coach, QB, the facilities, pumpers et al and makes sure to remind us in damn near every post in every thread. That makes up 90% of all board activity which means they are actually our most valuable resource. Without them we die off from boredom. Ox is masterful in how he understands how to stoke each fire to keep things interesting.

In the end I suspect most of us are really good dudes who just want to win and have fun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess a Marine who retired in 2018 is probably a Millenial.

Dont worry. My kids got nothing but tough love.

I would let them play in a soccer league w no score board.

Or a soccer league.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If you actually follow post on Chatter, you get to know the personas involved...... nobody is hiding anything, unless they are still in the closet or a Troll. Roll with it.
Survival Tips:
Alcohol is usually involved.
Accept that you may be wrong every now and then.
Don't take everything so personal, even the name calling.
Phones are getting smarter, people, not so much.
Be true to yourself. If you are an ass, be an ass!
Accept others, even when they are wrong.
Don't fall into the trap of having to have the last word, just walk away.
Try to have a life away from this board.
Be true to your school.
Understand that there is no cure for stupid.
Remember, OX loves you.
F vck me....that was a damned good post Deuce.....I'm impressed.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was working during the game this past Saturday. Found a way to not hear anything about the game to watch it on DVR when I was done. Not too hard in Alabama. Lol

So watched the game...blah blah blah. Was happy. Figured I'd check the game thread after reading the VN meltdown thread. Gotta say bro, we need two different game threads.

We got some "Fans" that are celebrating every time something bad happens. They crow all week long about how bad we are, then game day they celebrate when we do well but pick everything apartment when something doesn't go right. We start winning, oh it's just because they are a bad team though they predicted a loss or a very close Florida win. It's sickening.
As I read thru the thread, slowly the real fans dropped off and it was nothing more than the detractors *****ing about everything that didn't go perfect, and passively agressivelag celebrating things that went right.
Maybe they don't remember that every Tebow pass didn't go for a TD. Or every hole wasn't opened for Taylor to run thru, or every once in a while White would let a receiver get past him for a big play.
Guess what I'm saying is a few are ruining it for the rest of us. I love this site, but even in a win, where a lot said we wouldn't, I left the game thread feeling like we lost and we're worse than we were before.
That is all

You need a puppy my friend. You could name her Clarabell and teach her how to be a QB, like Mac.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Well stated. This is still the best Gator board around.
(1) The wit and humor is off the charts. I always enjoy that aspect.

(2) Some outstanding recruiting info for those of us who don’t follow it so closely.

(3) Some really good post game analysis. Cover2 is great but it’s not limited to just him. I enjoy all the serious analysis from many others as well.

(4) There are several others here that understand X’s and O’s at a deeper level than some of us and their insight is gold.

(5) There seems to be a few that actually do have some inside contacts or sources that provide good information.

They rest are just fun debating with. They hate the coach, QB, the facilities, pumpers et al and makes sure to remind us in damn near every post in every thread. That makes up 90% of all board activity which means they are actually our most valuable resource. Without them we die off from boredom. Ox is masterful in how he understands how to stoke each fire to keep things interesting.

In the end I suspect most of us are really good dudes who just want to win and have fun.
Right. This place is fast becoming my lone source for information related to UF football.

Above all, I like the freedom. While football is a tactical sport, as fans, we can become extremely irrational and overly emotional at times. Sometimes you just want to get something off your chest. There's been a few posts that I've written, I look back at and think, "What was I thinking?"

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I guess a Marine who retired in 2018 is probably a Millenial.

Dont worry. My kids got nothing but tough love.

I would let them play in a soccer league w no score board.

Or a soccer league.

I retired from my 2nd career in 2017 about a year and a half ago. Now I play on the message board.

I didnt allow any of my kids to play soccer. I told them it was a game not a sport and we don’t play games.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Right. This place is fast becoming my lone source for information related to UF football.

Above all, I like the freedom. While football is a tactical sport, as fans, we can become extremely irrational and overly emotional at times. Sometimes you just want to get something off your chest. There's been a few posts that I've written, I look back at and think, "What was I thinking?"

Likewise, my friend.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good work, GatorMan.
I feel it too. I've been to other boards, prior to coming here, where I'd get blasted for not having a rosy outlook on things. So, when I found this place it felt great to be around passionate Gators that were honest about the progress of the team.

However, I've noticed that some people on here are so far removed from realistic expectations. They rightfully complained about Champ. Then mac. And now Mullen. The only problem is that Mullen's only coached 4 games. I feel that some have gotten stuck in a perpetually, downtrodden mood. It's like they've forgotten how to be pleased. If every play doesn't work, they say the coaches are terrible or the players suck. They also think it's preposterous for others to be pleased at what we're seeing. It's like they'd only be happy if we're winning a championship every year. But that's ridiculous. Spurrier only won one. You can't win every year.
But I've learned to just go with it. I think deep down inside their actually happy. They've just been burdened by the last decade. They don't trust the wins. Even most of the pumpers qualify their praise by saying how bad Feleipe is or how they don't believe in Mullen just yet. That points to a tortured fan base. We've lost the ability to properly wallow in success. We qualify our statements because we don't want to get our hopes up just to be let down again. But I have a feeling that Coach Mullen will make it a moot point. He's going to take us to the pinnacle at some point.
Don't give up on the board. Trust me, there's no place better than here. Remember that there's plenty of us on here that are just as happy and excited as you are. The others will come along eventually. At the end of the day we're all Gators and wanna see the team do well.

FVK OFF!!!!!!!

:bananawave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator