We Still Have A Shot!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n78202 said:
If there was a homerun hire out there right now, I could see Foley saying WM will be fired at the end of the season. But their isn't, so I doubt Foley will say anything about a coaching change until the season ends.

:yes:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The only good part about expecting to lose is I'm not upset after the fact.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n78252 said:
and Gainesville High School.

I've met some of the coaches that have coached there, I would disagree on that statement.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n78198 said:
Douglas, I agree that he has more football knowledge that most of us. But so does the head coach at Bowling Green, and Eastern Michigan, and Toledo, and Fresno State, and The Citadel....so what? He needs to go...and it needs to happen NOW! It worked out well when Zook got canned (making a good hire and somewhat salvaging a recruiting class). You're right as well, that he was never the right fit. He needs to go NOW! What is Foley waiting for? Like I said, even if was to win out (which ain't happenin!) he needs to go. He's not the right fit.

Imagine what Roper is thinking through all of this!

I don't care what Roper is thinking. He is looking more and more like Cutcliffe's lacky. Even if he is told to run on every freaking down, Auburn has an explosive offense running on almost every down. You call plays to put the talent you have in the best position to win, and regardless of which scholarship athlete you have on the field he isn't preforming. Roper said all the right things in the off-season, and put on a display in the Orange-Blue game. But Addazio did the same thing in his two years at OC. It looks like Muschamp has continued his bad hiring. Now the arguement with be Muschamp is the constant, which is true he has been the contant of misevaluating and hiring underpreforming coaches. As a CEO that gets you fired, but he will have a nice golden paracute.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stumbling and bumbling through the back door with a box of Lucky Charms... here come the Gators!!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Let's assume we somehow win the east in spite of Muschamp's bumbling. Do you honestly think we could even compete with MSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, or Bama? I'd be stunned if we kept it within 17 points. Under Muschamp, we have gone from national title contenders to not comptetitive with the nation's elite.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n78341 said:
Let's assume we somehow win the east in spite of Muschamp's bumbling. Do you honestly think we could even compete with MSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, or Bama? I'd be stunned if we kept it within 17 points. Under Muschamp, we have gone from national title contenders to not comptetitive with the nation's elite.

I think we have a shot (a slim one) to win the East, but no shot at all at winning the SECCG.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason it is slim is because the East is terrible this year. If this had been any other year, I would have said we had zero chance.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n78341 said:

We were not National Title contenders when he came, we were already trending down. He just didnt' break the fall.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n78136 said:
If Treon starts we have a chance here. Our offense has shown that it has playmakers and we need the right guy to get them the ball. Debose, Powell and Robinson can all make plays and if Treon is QB that makes a huge difference. Include a healthy Matt Jones in that (who we really missed against LSU) and I definitely think we can beat Mizzou, UGA and USCe.

UK won't win out against Miss St, UGA, LSU, etc..., but if they do... then they deserve the East.

If Driskel plays we are doomed. Good kid... bad QB.

As much as people hate UM, I promise if he had Debose, Robinson and Dunbar on offense we would put up video game numbers. Debose had a 40 yard sweep! It was so quick, fast and explosive I thought for a second PH came back to Florida.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n78355 said:
The only reason it is slim is because the East is terrible this year. If this had been any other year, I would have said we had zero chance.

This. The East is really awful this year. Mizzou sucks, UGA is beatable and could lose to both West opponents, USC sucks, and Vandy sucks. This UF team has no business playing in Atlanta, but neither does any other team in the East. If UF didn't lose to LSU, then I think they definitely win the East, but even with the loss, they still have a chance... as long as Driskel is on the bench.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WobbleGator;n78127 said:
Well technically WM is correct. We win the rest of our SEC games and UK loses one more SEC game, then we will be playing in the SECCG. As of right now, I don't believe that will happen, but things could change around if Treon starts.

Why not shoot for the stars then? It's been widely discussed that a 2-loss team could emerge from the SEC and make the Final Four. That's still there for the taking as well.

If you're going to smoke crack, smoke crack.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n78381 said:
As much as people hate UM, I promise if he had Debose, Robinson and Dunbar on offense we would put up video game numbers. Debose had a 40 yard sweep! It was so quick, fast and explosive I thought for a second PH came back to Florida.

I guess Debose and all of UM's hand selected talent really blew it up and put us video game numbers in 2010? Or maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator