We waited 9 months for this? Game CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The coaches were pressuring the refs not to resume the game.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n38706 said:
This is absolutely one of the biggest BS things I have ever seen in my life. I'm sitting here dumbfounded. There is no BS excuse any official can give me that will make me believe otherwise. Thieves, the lot of them. Every fan that wasted money on driving, tailgating and tickets should be refunded. What an embarrassment.
I agree the $$$ should be refunded and the SEC should pay Idaho's expenses and UF should not the tab for playing today

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so pissed and jacked up I could suit up and play and lower ther BOOM on someone.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;38701 said:
I wonder if the coaches got gun shy due to all the injuries last season.

I think that could be a reason.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing FSU lose is the only way to salvage at least some of this day.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n38715 said:
Source? If true, pathetic.

ESPN was alluding to it some and they had until about 11:45 which would have been clear to restart the game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
" More details will be forthcoming regarding the status of any potential makeup game. If the game is rescheduled, it will be restarted from the beginning, officials said, but that determination will be announced at a later date, along with ticket information. "

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I feel empty inside... not mad, not happy, nothing but darkness!

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
One of the worst nights of any sports I can remember. Leghumpers win big, F$U likely to win...and the Gators season opener cancelled. I can't find words to describe it really.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n38721 said:
Seeing FSU lose is the only way to salvage at least some of this day.

This would be the only thing that could fill the void right now. Perhaps Ole Crab Legs gets the s#!t knocked out of him to boot.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
24/7 posted the rule , from the SEC Game Management Book." Once a game has been started after an initial suspension , and becomes suspended again the game can't resume after midnight local time, or 2 hours following the 2nd suspension- whichever is later." http;// florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-season-opener-terminated-by-lightning-strikes-30724374/ A lightning strike was detected at 9:52 pm .Therefore according to the rules they COULD NOT restart the game. It wasn't Foley, the coaches being scared or pressuring the refs it's the idiotic SEC and their arbitrary rules. They're also the ones who set how close the strikes have to be to suspend a game. The Idaho AD says there's 2 things they can do 1) Play a new game or 2) determine the game is a no contest. The Florida Athletic Dept, says they will have to discuss the options and hash things out. They also say they will be making an announcement about refunds etc.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n38733 said:
24/7 posted the rule , from the SEC Game Management Book." Once a game has been started after an initial suspension , and becomes suspended again the game can't resume after midnight local time, or 2 hours following the 2nd suspension- whichever is later." http;// florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-season-opener-terminated-by-lightning-strikes-30724374/ A lightning strike was detected at 9:52 pm .Therefore according to the rules they COULD NOT restart the game. It wasn't Foley, the coaches being scared or pressuring the refs it's the idiotic SEC and their arbitrary rules. They're also the ones who set how close the strikes have to be to suspend a game. The Idaho AD says there's 2 things they can do 1) Play a new game or 2) determine the game is a no contest. The Florida Athletic Dept, says they will have to discuss the options and hash things out. They also say they will be making an announcement about refunds etc.

While this makes even less sense than what others have suggested, still good to know. Thanks for the update.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n38733 said:
I say bring thier Arses back to earn the paycheck they were given. Or let the SEC office pay for it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n38733 said:

The radar showed things being clear at around 11:15 and they had until about 11:45 I think.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The make up date will be 10/25 probably - we both have open dates then (if it has to be replayed).

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
sonomagator;n38733 said:
I say bring thier Arses back to earn the paycheck they were given. Or let the SEC office pay for it.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.