Wednesday Worsts....Parking Lots

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
When given the opportunity to park anywhere near a store do you take the closest place available, even if it's a cramped spot, or do you park away from most cars?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I like to find a spot with an expensive car parked right on the line and then park as close to their car as possible.
I would absolutely do what this Jeep driver did if given the chance But I would have parked as close as possible to the Vette though...

fill-700x467%7Cformat-webp%7Cwebpquality-70

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
My youngest still rides in the cart for the most part so I try to park closest to a cart return. I will park in the closest spot if by myself. If the person beside me doesn't know how to park properly then they can wait until I'm done to get in their car.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
When given the opportunity to park anywhere near a store do you take the closest place available, even if it's a cramped spot, or do you park away from most cars?
Depends on width of car I’m driving (mainly whether it’s the Raptor or not)

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My youngest still rides in the cart for the most part so I try to park closest to a cart return. I will park in the closest spot if by myself. If the person beside me doesn't know how to park properly then they can wait until I'm done to get in their car.
#MeToo

I prefer a place closer to the cart return rather than the door. Habit leftover from having little kids.

I’d like to give a shout-out to the parking lot designers at Costco. It must be the same company that designs chick-fil-A drive-thru. Large spots with plenty of room.

New parking lots and Sam’s gas stations are being designed by out of work Ronald McDonald clowns. Using curbs and random islands trying to funnel people to one congested exit. :facepalm:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Most parking lots in Kauai, HI are very narrow. It makes parking difficult because of how close one has to park to the next vehicle. The worst is the hotel that I normally stay in.

charles-barkley-basketball-player.gif

BTW, this pic shows me and Mrs. Nalt from 2022 when I took her and the boys out there.

sheratonkauai_couple.jpg

It's kinda hard to see us because we are right behind that wall behind the palm tree...

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Most parking lots in Kauai, HI are very narrow. It makes parking difficult because of how close one has to park to the next vehicle. The worst is the hotel that I normally stay in.

charles-barkley-basketball-player.gif

BTW, this pic shows me and Mrs. Nalt from 2022 when I took her and the boys out there.

sheratonkauai_couple.jpg

It's kinda hard to see us because we are right behind that wall behind the palm tree...

The just aren’t making land in Kauai the way they used to for the big SUV’s. However your government Prius should fit in a spot just fine. Worst case, put it in your back pocket and take it inside with you. :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The just aren’t making land in Kauai the way they used to for the big SUV’s. However your government Prius should fit in a spot just fine. Worst case, put it in your back pocket and take it inside with you. :lol:
I ALWAYS rent full-size vehicles thank you! :tongue:

And thank you for paying your taxes which pays me to go out there... lol

I will be going again in March too...

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
If it's hot out, I aim for a shaded spot, regardless of the distance to the store. Otherwise, I try to park close to either a cart return or the front door. I don't really care about other cars around me.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Furthest away possible and NEVER under trees when I'm driving this. When in my Tundra I still look for a spot next to open spots....BTW does any of your cars still make you want to turn around and take pictures of it? :lol2:

IMG_1980.jpg

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Furthest away possible and NEVER under trees when I'm driving this. When in my Tundra I still look for a spot next to open spots....BTW does any of your cars still make you want to turn around and take pictures of it? :lol2:

View attachment 67230
I can't help but wonder how many Chatterers saw this picture and said to themselves, "Man, if ever see this car in parking lot I'm going to park right next to it, no matter how far it is from where I'm going, just to annoy Crete."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't help but wonder how many Chatterers saw this picture and said to themselves, "Man, if ever see this car in parking lot I'm going to park right next to it, no matter how far it is from where I'm going, just to annoy Crete."
:raisehand:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I drive a full size truck, so I usually look for a spot that is next to curbing on the ends or middle, however it is designed.
If a full lot then I just look for one that isn't cramped...if bad enough just park further and walk it in.

Some parking garages though have a no back in rule....what fuching woman came up with that bullschit :lol:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I drive a full size truck, so I usually look for a spot that is next to curbing on the ends or middle, however it is designed.
If a full lot then I just look for one that isn't cramped...if bad enough just park further and walk it in.

Some parking garages though have a no back in rule....what fuching woman came up with that bullschit :lol:

Back-in parking is actually prohibited by some municipalities in Florida.

Not sure why, but I heard it's so your license plate is visible from the travel lane.

Makes a tiny bit of sense given that we only have license plates in the back, not front and back.

Of course cops back-in park all the time. Allegedly, they're exempt because it makes exiting faster if there's an emergency.

Big trucks don't stick out so far if they can back in to park, but sometimes the bed will overhang the walkway.

Alex.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Not sure why, but I heard it's so your license plate is visible from the travel lane.

Makes a tiny bit of sense given that we only have license plates in the back, not front and back.

Of course cops back-in park all the time. Allegedly, they're exempt because it makes exiting faster if there's an emergency.

Big trucks don't stick out so far if they can back in to park, but sometimes the bed will overhang the walkway.

Alex.
Go On Question GIF by John Crist Comedy

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Alex.
224b3b0c-1304-4fac-92f9-3fa373a29736_text.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I actually look down on “back-in” people, and immediately assume they lack the necessary intelligence required to carry on a conversation, especially if it’s a car. The reason Alex provided about not sticking out as far has some merit. But whenever I’ve asked anyone why they do it, the usual reason is “saves time”, which is absurd given that they spent more time pulling forward and backing in in the first place and upon leaving have arrived at the same amount of cumulative time for the parking process. If I’m not already checked out about speaking to said people, the time thing usually pushes me over the edge.

Not you, of course. Other people.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Not as dumb as this beauty from Alabama:

Whoever, being in a public place, fraudulently pretends by garb or outward array to be a minister of any religion, or nun, priest, rabbi or other member of the clergy, is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500.00 or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-13a-criminal-code/al-code-sect-13a-14-4.html

That's a real State law punishable by a year in jail, not some goofy local city code or ordinance.

Somebody better warn Father Guido Sarducci.

iu

And all the sacrilegious Halloween THOTS.
iu

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator