Wednesday Worsts....Parking Lots

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I actually look down on “back-in” people, and immediately assume they lack the necessary intelligence required to carry on a conversation, especially if it’s a car. The reason Alex provided about not sticking out as far has some merit. But whenever I’ve asked anyone why they do it, the usual reason is “saves time WHEN LEAVING”, which is absurd given that they spent more time pulling forward and backing in in the first place and upon leaving have arrived at the same amount of cumulative time for the parking process. If I’m not already checked out about speaking to said people, the time thing usually pushes me over the edge.

Not you, of course. Other people.

fify

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not as dumb as this beauty from Alabama:

https://codes.findlaw.com/al/title-13a-criminal-code/al-code-sect-13a-14-4.html

That's a real State law punishable by a year in jail, not some goofy local city code or ordinance.

Somebody better warn Father Guido Sarducci.

iu

And all the sacrilegious Halloween THOTS.
iu

Alex.

1707337087820.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
If it's hot out, I aim for a shaded spot, regardless of the distance to the store.

Did this with my new job for the first few weeks. Then discovered there is no end to the amount of poop birds can put out. Moreso when sitting on branches over a car. Lesson learned (again, seeing as I forgot it from my younger days).

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Back-in parking is actually prohibited by some municipalities in Florida.

Boo. Hiss.

Not sure why, but I heard it's so your license plate is visible from the travel lane.

Ok, I can see that making a little bit of sense.

I actually look down on “back-in” people, and immediately assume they lack the necessary intelligence required to carry on a conversation, especially if it’s a car. The reason Alex provided about not sticking out as far has some merit. But whenever I’ve asked anyone why they do it, the usual reason is “saves time”, which is absurd given that they spent more time pulling forward and backing in in the first place and upon leaving have arrived at the same amount of cumulative time for the parking process. If I’m not already checked out about speaking to said people, the time thing usually pushes me over the edge.

:sigh: (Yes, I know you are joking around, and I'm overthinking while taking it too seriously). Much of my life is centered on the 'why' of things. So much so that my wife mocks me. Frequently. But with this mindset there is almost al (have I lost you yet?) almost always a reason for what I do. This extends to backing in nearly everywhere.

When I arrive somewhere, I'm generally NOT in a hurry and can spare the time to back in. When I leave somewhere I am often ... fk it, I'm really not in a hurry then either. WTF was I talking about. Now I've lost me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

But you got there :12 later than you needed to doing the same steps but in reverse order. This is awkward, Tom, because you and I have always been friends. But what lifestyle are you living where you need to leave in this rushed fashion at all times? Vigilante of some sort? Overly clumsy school aged child? Wanted felon? Whatever it is, you can tell us. This board, specifically the Lounge, is and has always been a judge free zone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When I arrive somewhere, I'm generally NOT in a hurry and can spare the time to back in. When I leave somewhere I am often ... fk it, I'm really not in a hurry then either. WTF was I talking about. Now I've lost me.

Favorite train movies, I think…?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually look down on “back-in” people, and immediately assume they lack the necessary intelligence required to carry on a conversation, especially if it’s a car. The reason Alex provided about not sticking out as far has some merit. But whenever I’ve asked anyone why they do it, the usual reason is “saves time”, which is absurd given that they spent more time pulling forward and backing in in the first place and upon leaving have arrived at the same amount of cumulative time for the parking process. If I’m not already checked out about speaking to said people, the time thing usually pushes me over the edge.

Spoken like someone incapable of backing into a parking spot
:heehee:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I actually back into most spots because it is simply easier to back into them than out of them. I can (and do) use my side and rear-view mirrors and back into a spot without much concern of hitting another vehicle but when backing out, I have to be more cautious about hitting another car or even backing out in front of another driver.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Back-in parking is actually prohibited by some municipalities in Florida.

Not sure why, but I heard it's so your license plate is visible from the travel lane.

Makes a tiny bit of sense given that we only have license plates in the back, not front and back.

Of course cops back-in park all the time. Allegedly, they're exempt because it makes exiting faster if there's an emergency.

Big trucks don't stick out so far if they can back in to park, but sometimes the bed will overhang the walkway.

Alex.
And if the bozos leave the trailer hitch in the receiver, I generally rub dog poop on it.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How about this, 2 SUVs or minivans park opposite each other, both nose out.

Their rear bumpers are about 2 feet apart from each other.

You can't open the rear hatch on either one. How are you getting the stroller and the groceries in there?

Alex.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

You can't open the rear hatch on either one. How are you getting the stroller and the groceries in there?

Alex.
Why would I put groceries or a stroller (I don't even have one) in someone else's SUV or minivan? :crazy:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Alex.

1707340721393.gif

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

For a lot of people, it's a military/training thing... always top off on gas, always backed in so you you can drive straight out (which was even more important when talking about a platoon, company, or battalion... or more of vehicles that had been alerted for roll out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And if the bozos leave the trailer hitch in the receiver, I generally rub dog poop on it.
Sold my boat last year but I can’t bring myself to remove the trailer hitch from my truck. I either back in or pull through where possible into a parking space because it’s a b*tch backing out of a full lot. Often, I come out to find someone pulled into the spot behind me too closely and they’re on top of my trailer hitch. I love the crunching sound of their plastic bumper getting fuched up. Several times they’ve come completely off. :lol:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Did this with my new job for the first few weeks. Then discovered there is no end to the amount of poop birds can put out. Moreso when sitting on branches over a car. Lesson learned (again, seeing as I forgot it from my younger days).
My driveway has a canopy of trees over it, and my garage is full of shyt. I wash my car approximately 1.5 times per week either way. (And by "wash" I mean pay for a wash.)

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
1707356948832.png
I would use 10 zip ties and smear peanut butter on each of them. I sometimes leave creative & witty notes on the windshields of azzhole parkers and non-handicap drivers parking in HC spaces.

One more thing. I would make a law that overweight is not handicapped, and Fat Parking spaces would be designated at the farthest point from a business entrance. Walking is good.

1707358974381.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.