Welcome 3* CB Shawn Davis (S. Fla)

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Danny always has been and always will be my all time favorite player. Class act. I've been going by that username somewhere on the internet for at least 15 years, if not more. Been lurking here for at least the last two months. Got tired of the GSMB, because there's very little activity and all it really is is two Vols acting like douchebags most of the time.
As Nav hinted, you're in good company and you'll have to try a lot harder than that to reach moron status. Welcome!

BTW - Danny Boy is probably my favorite Gator, so your nickname is awesome!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Is he playing corner at UF? He looks more like a safety to me as he seems really stiff in the hips. He must be decent as a number of quality schools want him. What is his actual size? I e seen everything from 5'9 to 6'1.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Always nice to pull a South Florida kid away from Miami and FSU.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not picky, I'll take one or the other, as long as one is stellar.
See, I'm of the belief, if the bottom's heavy, chances are pretty darn good, so is the rest. Tops don't always follow that same pattern thank goodness!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
See, I'm of the belief, if the bottom's heavy, chances are pretty darn good, so is the rest. Tops don't always follow that same pattern thank goodness!
giphy.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
But, But, But.... Coach Mac can't recruit.... and Randy Shannon hasn't delivered in South Florida like everyone thought. (Granted, I don't know if he had anything to do with it but I would imagine he is not hurting our relationships in South Florida!)

I think most of the kids Shannon has pulled out of south Florida have been 3* talent. Granted, it looks like some will be solid contributors, but many were saying he would pull the TOP talent outta there. I'd say he's somewhat underperformed in that department so far.

And I'm a pumper.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Think he had Gator shorts on and had bracelets of each school on, but alas, I like it.

This. Kid was dressed 50/50 to keep fans hanging. The shirt was most visible, but it's not like he was sticking a finger in their eye.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
This. Kid was dressed 50/50 to keep fans hanging. The shirt was most visible, but it's not like he was sticking a finger in their eye.
Is he playing corner at UF? He looks more like a safety to me as he seems really stiff in the hips. He must be decent as a number of quality schools want him. What is his actual size? I e seen everything from 5'9 to 6'1.

From the article:

The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder is a versatile defensive back, but he’ll line up at corner for the Gators.

“I’m able to move around in the secondary,” Davis said. “I can play press man, off coverage, safety, anything.”

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
You, my friend have not spent enough time on MTV.. They are building them quite differently than they used to. Sir Mix alot was both a prophet and a poet :giggity:

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The article is going by 247. Scout has him at 6'0 and so does ESPN. Rivals has him 6'1, 195.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We are in desperate need of a stud CB to replace VIII and Tabor. If you look at the kids leaving for the NFL and the ones replacing them long term...hmmmm. We just aren't reloading. We are taking steps back across the board. I know...I know...hate me, curse me. Look at the talent that is leaving and what is replacing it. 2017 is gonna be rough. Hopefully, Gardner gets there but he's not a 1st rounder like the guys before him. We need some studs on D and we need them badly.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We are in desperate need of a stud CB to replace VIII and Tabor. If you look at the kids leaving for the NFL and the ones replacing them long term...hmmmm. We just aren't reloading. We are taking steps back across the board. I know...I know...hate me, curse me. Look at the talent that is leaving and what is replacing it. 2017 is gonna be rough. Hopefully, Gardner gets there but he's not a 1st rounder like the guys before him. We need some studs on D and we need them badly.

Marco Wilson has a ton of talent. He can be elite. Elijah Blades is a freak athlete. If he has any kind of work ethic, with Gray teaching him, he can be really good also. Remember, he is 6'3. Shawn Davis is a physical corner, but he simply doesn't have Blades or Wilson's talent. I don't really disagree with you. Overall, I'm worried about what is replacing these guys as well.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Marco Wilson has a ton of talent. He can be elite. Elijah Blades is a freak athlete. If he has any kind of work ethic, with Gray teaching him, he can be really good also. Remember, he is 6'3. Shawn Davis is a physical corner, but he simply doesn't have Blades or Wilson's talent. I don't really disagree with you. Overall, I'm worried about what is replacing these guys as well.

I honestly think Mac is recruiting decent. But where are those game changers? He's had two below average hauls for UF. We need an influx of top end talent. While Chump sucked donkey dick he did grab some NFL bound guys. You gotta have those to compete for the SEC and beyond. Right now, we're getting kids that will get us to ATL but not much further.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly think Mac is recruiting decent. But where are those game changers? He's had two below average hauls for UF. We need an influx of top end talent. While Chump sucked donkey dick he did grab some NFL bound guys. You gotta have those to compete for the SEC and beyond. Right now, we're getting kids that will get us to ATL but not much further.

You ain't got to have repists and killers to win big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.