Welcome 3* OLB James Houston

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I understand that accepting a commitment from a young man like this should be viewed as a 4 or 5 year investment but realistically it takes a year to recover enough from this type of injury to be able to train at the level he will need to play on Saturday's. It will then take at least one if not 2 years for him to cut his teeth on practice reps and special teams to get used to the speed at this level and learn the complexities of college defenses.
Maybe he's good enough for the coaches to believe he'll be a factor in 2019??? If not he'll be taking a valuable schollie spot within a position group that needs immediate help and ready bodies....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, him missing his entire senior season is not a good thing.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
so yeah..... this is not going to instill a lot of confidence in the state of our recruiting... geesh...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Meanwhile over at the FNL in Columbus, OH they land a 5-star DE from Maryland......

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Did we really only get a crippled 3 star linebacker who specifically said he's not even 100% committed during our biggest recruiting even of the year :barfaway:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This staff is a recruiting nightmare.

I never thought you could be THIS BAD at recruiting at UF.

Our glass should be half-full : right "Lawless" - more hoping we are recruiting nightmares on defense.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This staff really needs to win to get their recruiting going. Pretty sad state of affairs. Good news is that we could have a great season.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Because this isn't Miss St
This staff really needs to win to get their recruiting going. Pretty sad state of affairs. Good news is that we could have a great season.
I thought that's what we already did. 1st year we won 10 games and our coach won HC of the year in the SEC what more could you ask for. I think it's an excuse to make you you feel better about the situation. Besides look what Kirby is doing in recruiting with not one snap as a HC.

My real question and this is not a joke, do you think that at some point elite talent sees the level of talent being brought in and is scared away? Kinda like when you see an elite 5* player commit and it has a trickle down effect and other jump on board.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I thought that's what we already did. 1st year we won 10 games and our coach won HC of the year in the SEC what more could you ask for. I think it's an excuse to make you you feel better about the situation. Besides look what Kirby is doing in recruiting with not one snap as a HC..

^ This guy gets it.

I'm tired of apologists acting like we have to win to recruit; let's face it, our facilities are ****, our coaches recruiting ability is ****, and unless recruiting gets better then I see Mac having issues on year 3 or 4 ultimately leading us to have to find a new coach in year 5 or 6 thus wasting another decade of Florida football....

I said all along this last hire was too important to go to Big Lots for a coach; Foley thought otherwise. So far it has worked out but how long can Mac sustain it if we don't have the caliber of athletes to contend? Should have backed up the Brinks truck and got a big time coach kind of like what Michigan did.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Randy Shannon wanted the guy personally. The guy is one of the best LB coaches in the country. Ill trust his judgment on the guy. The 3 star ranking is probably something to do with his height.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
^ This guy gets it.

I'm tired of apologists acting like we have to win to recruit; let's face it, our facilities are ****, our coaches recruiting ability is ****, and unless recruiting gets better then I see Mac having issues on year 3 or 4 ultimately leading us to have to find a new coach in year 5 or 6 thus wasting another decade of Florida football....

I said all along this last hire was too important to go to Big Lots for a coach; Foley thought otherwise. So far it has worked out but how long can Mac sustain it if we don't have the caliber of athletes to contend? Should have backed up the Brinks truck and got a big time coach kind of like what Michigan did.
Be ready for the " who realistically would have came here" question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.