Welcome 4* CB Marco Wilson

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
All joking aside, this is probably a true statement. I can't think of an impact player that we have gotten from Cali. One who has lived up to his billing.

I seem to remember "Urbs" brought in a big time QB from Cali. Didn't he end up... Ummm... Never mind...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I will give you most of that and I always appreciate your willingness to go into detail and provide examples, but I would think that speed would be as important to an olb as an ilb. And I don't place too much emphasis on positions assigned in HS. Brett Farve was still practicing afternoons with the safeties as a 17 yr old freshman when called off the bench to lead his team to victory over Tulane. Things change.

Like I always say : "Change is a mother fluxer."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure, I cant remember all the Cali players we've gotten besides Powell.

i'd have to sit down and think about it since they've been less than stellar. But 5* WR Carl Moore sticks out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our coaches should know any Cali-players strongest 2 H.S. opponents are and evaluate how our
prospective recruit performed. I'd sure want a Cali 5* cautiously a 4*. The Califlowers .. Cali-players
of the past aren't a large enough sample to reject modern day Cal players.??

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
i'd have to sit down and think about it since they've been less than stellar. But 5* WR Carl Moore sticks out.

I'd like to see a breakdown of Cali top ranked recruits and the bust ratio to see if it's any different than FL

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember "Urbs" brought in a big time QB from Cali. Didn't he end up... Ummm... Never mind...
Josh Shaw (CB) - after he left UF, he's the guy who jumped off a balcony, breaking his ankles, and claimed (he lied) it was to save a cousin in a pool that was drowning. He transferred to USCw after leaving UF - he was on the Bengals last time I saw him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.