Welcome 4* CB Marco Wilson

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize we have 2 DT's that 320+(and will have a another come the end of the month)
Those 300+ DTs are a step in the right direction.

I don't really consider the jucos as "in this class". They are really making up for disasters past. We need two jucos this year and next, and two HS recruits each year, at the least. Four is the minimum and 5 or 6 is better. Remember these big dudes get hurt at high rates. We havent signed any DTs in the last three classes, I think.

In Saban's system, Sidehat's system, the more TRUE DTs you have the better. I don't mean CeCes or Ivies tweeners. 270lbers are the minimum for DE, they sure as hell aren't DTs in this system. The goal is to hold the point of attack with three big space eaters and allow the backers to have free reign without having to fend off a guard.

And the "two stud LBs" are both outside backers. Again, we suck at landing the beef.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I don't really consider the jucos as "in this class". They are really making up for disasters past. We need two jucos this year and next, and two HS recruits each year, at the least. In Saban's system, the more TRUE DTs (I don't mean CeCes or Ivies tweeners) you have the better. The goal is to hold the point of attack with three big space eaters and allow the backers to have free reign without having to fend off a guard.
We already have one JUCO and Hansford should be ours in 2 weeks so that will make 2 HS recruits in this class. ;)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That would be a pretty nice get and give us 3 300lb+ dt's in this class.
Those 300+ DTs are a step in the right direction.

I don't really consider the jucos as "in this class". They are really making up for disasters past. We need two jucos this year and next, and two HS recruits each year, at the least. Four is the minimum and 5 or 6 is better. Remember these big dudes get hurt at high rates. We havent signed any DTs in the last three classes, I think.

In Saban's system, Sidehat's system, the more TRUE DTs you have the better. I don't mean CeCes or Ivies tweeners. 270lbers are the minimum for DE, they sure as hell aren't DTs in this system. The goal is to hold the point of attack with three big space eaters and allow the backers to have free reign without having to fend off a guard.

And the "two stud LBs" are both outside backers. Again, we suck at landing the beef.
If you accept their listed weights as accurate, then 220 in HS could certainly grow big enough for inside backers in college.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hansard looks to be PSU. I'd be surprised if Parks isn't a Nole.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize we have 2 DT's that 320+(and will have a another come the end of the month) a 4* DE, 2 stud LB's and 2 4* CB'S (so far) in this class,don't u? Defense is going to be fine man...we're nowhere close to being finished.
:thumbup:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you accept their listed weights as accurate, then 220 in HS could certainly grow big enough for inside backers in college.
AR, weight is not the only issue. Skillset, speed, nose for the ball, hitting ability etc are what determines it. You will see some projected inside backers are smaller. Some outside are heavier. It's really a different position.

Crum was the quintissential outside backer but he would have been terrible at middle linebacker. Rolin is actually very good playing Sam and terrible playing mike. Stamper wasn't really big enough but played a nice mike. He was terrible playing sam and will bc he was too slow. It isn't all about weight.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
4* California LB Rahyme Johnson has scheduled his OV for the LSU game. Several (In the know) says unless something drastically changes In the next couple of months,he's ours!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He's doing better in state...I'm offense. Sorry you hate the truth. Lots of folks besides me worried about the D.

We have more defensive commits than offensive, including 3 4 stars and 2 massive DTs. That's the truth.

We are what, 7 months away from NSD? We are recruiting the state much better already, can't you just be happy about that? Give it a rest man

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
AR, weight is not the only issue. Skillset, speed, nose for the ball, hitting ability etc are what determines it. You will see some projected inside backers are smaller. Some outside are heavier. It's really a different position.

Crum was the quintissential outside backer but he would have been terrible at middle linebacker. Rolin is actually very good playing Sam and terrible playing mike. Stamper wasn't really big enough but played a nice mike. He was terrible playing sam and will bc he was too slow. It isn't all about weight.
I will give you most of that and I always appreciate your willingness to go into detail and provide examples, but I would think that speed would be as important to an olb as an ilb. And I don't place too much emphasis on positions assigned in HS. Brett Farve was still practicing afternoons with the safeties as a 17 yr old freshman when called off the bench to lead his team to victory over Tulane. Things change.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Cali 4 star is really a 2 or 3 star" - Law

All joking aside, this is probably a true statement. I can't think of an impact player that we have gotten from Cali. One who has lived up to his billing.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
All joking aside, this is probably a true statement. I can't think of an impact player that we have gotten from Cali. One who has lived up to his billing.

Not sure, I cant remember all the Cali players we've gotten besides Powell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.