Welcome transfer 2016 4* 6'5, 309lb OL Jean Delance

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Perhaps doesn't want is not correct, but rather not good enough for whatever reason to beat out their other players. Those players are not considered by me to be that great.
Hopefully, he just doesn't like Tom Herman, happens all the time with a coaching change.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Why oh why wouldn’t he like Herman?

Hugs too many guys I guess...........:backout:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gee, maybe it's just me, but I think I'd rather see our linemen doing squats, benches and shuttle runs in between eating heaping mounds of protein.

:dunno:

I just thought he was working on foot work and balance, while trying to win an OT spot. I'd certainly hope he's hitting the weight room as well.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You never know with young people
This......none of us know for sure why he transferred.....hell he may even have met a girl online that attends UF. Most of the why is for him to figure out. At this point he's probably no further along in the developmental part than most of our returning linemen and probably no further behind either judging from what we all saw was a very uninspired unit last year. Hopefully he will at least become functional depth and maybe even be a starter quality Tackle.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
I think DeLance could definitely make the two deep as a guard or tackle. With a little bit of an emergence from Stone Forsythe near the end of the season at right tackle, and a pair of four star left tackles waiting in the wings (TJ Moore and Richard Gouraige), I could see DeLance fitting in right behind Frederick Johnson at right guard or behind Brett Heggie at left guard. With the way Heggie went down against Missouri (injury), DeLance could get a lot of work at left guard this spring with no competition from Heggie because he's rehabbing.

I also expect four guys to not be on scholarship next year that are currently on scholarship. Kavaris Harkless (RSR), Antonio Riles (RSR), Andrew Mike (RSR), and Kadeem Telfort (RFR...part of the credit card fraud). I believe the first three have graduated. I know I saw Riles did because he had pictures of it on twitter. But all three have been at UF for four years (they were recruited by Muschamp). They have one year of eligibility left because they redshirted and have had medical hardships while at UF.

Telfort showed a lot of promise last spring but that was all for not. Him and Jordan Smith have tons of charges against them. I don't see either of them back. With the early signees and the attrition stated above, my depth chart looks like the following

LT- Martez Ivey (SR), TJ Moore (RFR)/Richard Gouraige (FR)
LG- Brett Heggie (RSO)/Jean DeLance (RSO)
C- TJ McCoy (RJR)/Tyler Jordan (SR)
RG- Frederick Johnson (SR), Noah Banks (JR)/Nick Buchanan (RJR)
RT- Jawaan Taylor (JR), Stone Forsythe (RSO)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think DeLance could definitely make the two deep as a guard or tackle. With a little bit of an emergence from Stone Forsythe near the end of the season at right tackle, and a pair of four star left tackles waiting in the wings (TJ Moore and Richard Gouraige), I could see DeLance fitting in right behind Frederick Johnson at right guard or behind Brett Heggie at left guard. With the way Heggie went down against Missouri (injury), DeLance could get a lot of work at left guard this spring with no competition from Heggie because he's rehabbing.

I also expect four guys to not be on scholarship next year that are currently on scholarship. Kavaris Harkless (RSR), Antonio Riles (RSR), Andrew Mike (RSR), and Kadeem Telfort (RFR...part of the credit card fraud). I believe the first three have graduated. I know I saw Riles did because he had pictures of it on twitter. But all three have been at UF for four years (they were recruited by Muschamp). They have one year of eligibility left because they redshirted and have had medical hardships while at UF.

Telfort showed a lot of promise last spring but that was all for not. Him and Jordan Smith have tons of charges against them. I don't see either of them back. With the early signees and the attrition stated above, my depth chart looks like the following

LT- Martez Ivey (SR), TJ Moore (RFR)/Richard Gouraige (FR)
LG- Brett Heggie (RSO)/Jean DeLance (RSO)
C- TJ McCoy (RJR)/Tyler Jordan (SR)
RG- Frederick Johnson (SR), Noah Banks (JR)/Nick Buchanan (RJR)
RT- Jawaan Taylor (JR), Stone Forsythe (RSO)

Good stuff, GW. You've made some nice contributions, much appreciated.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
At the risk of derailing this thread does anybody have a good handle on the different blocking schemes our linemen will have to adjust to under The Mullets offensive system. Seems to me that when Meyer was here our guys used more "zone" blocking vs the more complicated schemes involved in a pro set system. Perhaps a simpler system will benefit this group taking some of the mental part of the game and just let them seek and destroy?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
At the risk of derailing this thread does anybody have a good handle on the different blocking schemes our linemen will have to adjust to under The Mullets offensive system. Seems to me that when Meyer was here our guys used more "zone" blocking vs the more complicated schemes involved in a pro set system. Perhaps a simpler system will benefit this group taking some of the mental part of the game and just let them seek and destroy?

This is something I'm sure Itraz could chime in on.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm pretty sure that's what we'll be running because afterall that was Mullens offense we we're running then. Btw...our OL doesn't just have a problem with the mental part of the game but they also lack strength,want to and most importantly TALENT! None of the kids we have on our roster would start back then and most of them wouldn't have a scholly either. We need a major influx of numbers/talent in this cycle and next cycle so we can send these lazy fu*kers packing! Let them go halfass play elsewhere!

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Plus I am not aware of anybody having inability to recruit as their cornerstone reason against the Mullen hire. Maybe he is speaking of Donkey's drunken ramblings?

My recollection was 1) boring offense and 2) will not get us a NC were the 2 main reasons.

Anyway, for the record, my concern then as now is boring offense. I think he will recruit much better, especially in terms of roster management and getting the guys with skills he wants. You cannot get any worse. We will have athletes who get in trouble and will embarrass us.

Where have I been wrong? Mullen's enthusiasm and his recruiting has been better than I thought with this first year. I'd expect this in year 2 and 3 from him. Disappointed a little with DL and LB but that is just me thinking we need defense to help turn the field.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Engineers can spell yall anyway we want
a) two.
b) too.
c) to.

Where the hell is strike out on this site?
Just FYI. Y'all is not a contraction of "you all." It is a Scotch-Irish carry over of old English where "thou" was singular and "ye" was plural usually emphasized with "all" after the ye. In America, this "ye all" was pronounced "yall" eventually and the correct spelling of the contraction is "y'all." BTW- "y'all" is plural so "all y'all" is an ignorant Texas form of correct Southern dialect. Y'all have a great New Year, ya hear.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm pretty sure that's what we'll be running because afterall that was Mullens offense we we're running then. Btw...our OL doesn't just have a problem with the mental part of the game but they also lack strength,want to and most importantly TALENT! None of the kids we have on our roster would start back then and most of them wouldn't have a scholly either. We need a major influx of numbers/talent in this cycle and next cycle so we can send these lazy fu*kers packing! Let them go halfass play elsewhere!
A lot of truth to this and it has been frustrating watching some of this group make NO progress at their positions for 2,3 and sometimes 4 years(I'm talking to you Tyler Jordan)....There is some talent here though, Heggie, McCoy and Taylor. If Ivey returns he would benefit from leaving his ass at Guard and a zone blocking scheme maybe more than any other player in this group. We always hear how cross training your OL to play multiple positions creates depth. Maybe if THAT particular player has the mental capacity to do that it's ok but you're talking about maybe 3 guys on our roster seem to have it....My philosophy is different with the rest of them. Teach them a position in a simpler scheme and teach them well....You block inside or outside and if no one is in your gap at the snap find a double team or bust the ass of the closest guy in a different color jersey....We have more RB talent here than we ever did in Meyers era. Get a hat on a hat and let them decide where to hit it or to bounce....

Go back and watch film from Meyer era and you won't see guys running free into our backfield because some 19 or 20 year old kid was looking for his assignment while a LB was filling the open gap he just vacated and stuffing our play for no gain or a loss of 2 this has been an issue since 2011 when we switched blocking scheme's.....defenses have been reading our line and out scheming us at the point of attack IMO...couple that with mediocre talent, scarce depth and downright piss poor strength and training programs and this is what we've seen for 7 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator